• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Prisoner Mini Series 2009

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
anyon been watching this? only heard about it today and it finishes tonight! us.tv.com info here

apparently the buzz so far is pretty good.

is that supposed to be a remake of the cult classic series with patrick mcgohan?

Heinrich said:
is that supposed to be a remake of the cult classic series with patrick mcgohan?

click the link, he did not :p

yeah mate with Jim Caviezel as 6 and Ian McKellen as 2.

oops. i didn´t see that ´here´ you sly bastard...

that sounds very promising...

although it should be quit hard to please fans of the wonderful cheesyness of the original.

i doubt they manage to get the defense ball device to look that cool as it is was back than
rover.jpg

:)

im gonna wait til all 6 episodes are out before i watch it, i've never actually watched an episode of the original series to my shame so im quite looking forward to this.

nOmArch said:
im gonna wait til all 6 episodes are out before i watch it, i've never actually watched an episode of the original series to my shame so im quite looking forward to this.

same here. I forgot to DVR it so I'll have to torrent.

I didn't even know about this. What channel is it airing on?

the rips I obtained say AMC in the corner.

I watched 2 episodes tonight and like it alot. its very well done and reminds me of "psychological mysteries" like Dark City and THX-1138 (although its not really like either as far as plot is concerned)

recommended :)

I know I'm late to this thread. I am actually working on a movie cut of this show. My goal is to make it about a 2 1/2-hour movie. Right now, it is at two hours and forty-five minutes. My big disappointment (other than the silly seriousness of the side plots and number six's lack of acting) was the lack of Patrick McGoohan and connections to the original show even in a meta-verse kind of way. I know he was meant to be the old man at the beginning, but I wanted the worlds to connect. So I am working at bringing in a little more fan service as well as cutting all unnecessary plot points.

First of all, I am working at taking out the soap opera and putting moments from the original Prisoner show as if they watch the Prisoner for escapism and miss the whole point. When number six hits the TV and it goes off, I want that to be the point when number one is revealed in the original series.

I am trying to figure out a back story where the "real world" of New York actually has Patrick McGoohan in it and to have clips of his interviews where he is prophetic about technology and the modern world. Any ideas for a backstory to make this happen within the confines of the show? Author (number one) revealing himself to the new number six? Basically, I will take any ideas of how to bring McGoohan into my movie cut.

Back
Top Bottom