• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Official "What WILL you be listening to?" Thread

y'all over in europe should catch living colour on their tour. saw them last month in seattle and they put on just an incredible 2 hour set.

I will son rewatch the Metallica show I was at Nimes, france this summer.
Cause the full show will be available on DVD november 23. (available in retail stores in France only, and at metallica.com or metallicanimes.com forthe rest of the world)

[youtube:1y8ewyxt]

Français Pour Une Nuit DVD:
nimes_cover.jpg

No matter what the haters say, they're still the best. 8)
And I can't wait to see them for the 8th time hopefully next spring.

TMBTM said:
I will son rewatch the Metallica show I was at Nimes, france this summer.
Cause the full show will be available on DVD november 23. (available in retail stores in France only, and at metallica.com or metallicanimes.com forthe rest of the world)

No matter what the haters say, they're still the best. 8)
And I can't wait to see them for the 8th time hopefully next spring.

I'll actually be seeing them again next Tuesday. It'll only be my second time seeing them but it's been almost 13 years since I last saw them, March 30th, 1997.

Frantic Canadian said:
I'll actually be seeing them again next Tuesday. It'll only be my second time seeing them but it's been almost 13 years since I last saw them, March 30th, 1997.

Nice, the first time I saw them was at Paris in 1992 for the black album. I still had all my hair back then..!
(now I shave my head. Headbanging is not as fun anymore... :( :lol: )
Hope you'll like the show.

TMBTM said:
Frantic Canadian said:

Nice, the first time I saw them was at Paris in 1992 for the black album. I still had all my hair back then..!
(now I shave my head. Headbanging is not as fun anymore... :( :lol: )
Hope you'll like the show.

I'm sure I will. We've got Volbeat, who I've never heard before, and Lamb Of God opening up so it should be a good show. I hope they play "Jump In The Fire", it's my all-time favorite Metallica song. The show was originally scheduled to be tonight but something came up and they had to reschedule it for November 3rd so to make it up they'll be giving everyone who attends the show a voucher for a free mp3 download of the livemet show. Pretty cool. I just hope a bootleg DVD of the show pops up.

Frantic Canadian said:
I hope they play "Jump In The Fire", it's my all-time favorite Metallica song..
A good one for sure.
They don't play it often, I would not count on it... but it happens! Usualy during the encore.

And now a gift:
[youtube:2lzlkzw0]

It's a rarity indeed but you never know. The last time they came here, in 2004, they played The Prince which hadn't been played live in ages. And didn't they recently play Shortest Straw in Montreal? That's another rarity. They usually just jam on that one but they played the whole thing. Here's hoping they play JITF though.

tonight.
jesus
lizard.
finally.
:eek:

enjoy!

also, narrows has an east coast tour now - you should check them out
11/19: Brooklyn, NY @ The Knitting Factory
11/20: Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church
11/21: Providence, RI @ Club Hell
11/22: Cambridge, MA @ The Middle East (Downstairs)

lizard was great, narrows is in town w/ cave in. I might go. :)

Screeching Weasel will be playing Philly in April, they were one of my favorite punk bands as a kid.
I havent made up my mind whether I'll go or not.

no, but my drummer did. he said they stole the show.

going to see doom metal pioneers PENTAGRAM tomorrow night :twisted:
[youtube:3iyr5u0y]

alot of bands at SXSW March 16-20

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Guides/sxsw

at the very least I hope to catch:

Torche
Dillinger Escape Plan
Trash Talk
Priestess
Brian Posehn
Rogue Wave
Lou Barlow
GZA
Deer Tick
Les Savy Fav
Minus The Bear
Fall Of Troy
Banner Pilot
J Mascis
Fucked Up

woot! leavin on a jet plane tomorrow for TX :smile:
[youtube:269r205y]

tonight: Thrice / Manchester Orchestra / O Brother

while I dont care much about the 2 openers (the wife likes manchester orchestra though), I am looking forward to seeing Thrice again. And I'm always curious how the mix of styles will go. The recordings I heard from shows during the Alchemy Index era were really badly mixed (the setlist). I heard a recording recently from their current tour and the setlist was nice and mixed really well. Hope it goes smoothly tonight...

korn3.jpg

[youtube:15rm9boh]

I like it, I just hope the rest of the album is heavier.

Back
Top Bottom