• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Nightmare Before Christmas (3-D Version)

Faneditlover

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just in time for Halloween!

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS (3-D Version)

Intention/Purpose: To release the 3-D Version of The Nightmare Before Christmas that works with regular 3-D Glasses. Also includes the Touchstone logo after the Walt Disney logo (both beginning and end) and a new opening credit "Walt Disney Pictures and Touchstone Pictures Presents".

Sources: The Nightmare Before Christmas 2-Disc CE (for better picture and sound), The Nightmare Before Christmas Original SE (for the Touchstone logo and commentary), The Nightmare Before Christmas Laserdisc (1st pressing for the inclusion of the Henry Selick short), Internet

Special Features: Includes 3-D Version and 2-D Version
-Anamorphic 1.66:1 Widescreen
-English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 5.1 DTS (from 2-Disc CE and Touchstone SE)
-Audio Commentary with Henry Selick and Pete Kozachik (from original Touchstone SE release)
-The Making Of The Nightmare Before Christmas (full length version from Laserdisc)
-Optional Sing-Along Track (2-D Version only)
-Making The 3-D Version (I know this is somewhere on the internet)
-Interviews (from promoting the 3-D release)
-Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots (from promoting the 3-D release. With option to watch them in 3-D)
-Original Henry Selick short Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions (only found on the first pressing Laserdisc)
-Burger King commercial
-VHS Trailer
-CE DVD Trailer
-TV Parodies
-Photo Galleries

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
whats the background on this? was an official 3D version ever available, or is this fan-created?

Faneditlover

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, the film was re-released in 3-D for a limited time in theaters in 2006 and 2007. The 3-D version is not on DVD, hence this idea.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok. just wondering. do you know if there are any sources floating around? are they crappy screeners, or something better?

and is this a project you are working on, or just an idea?

I would love to see this.

Faneditlover

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Again, it's an idea. And the project is simply just making the film (main source is the new CE) into a (red and blue) 3-D that works with regualr 3-D glasses. So that way, people who haven't seen the 3-D engagements can be able to view it in their own home. I think the process of turning a 2-D film into a 3-D film can be done with the right editing equipment. I agree with you too. I would like to see this also.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
faneditlover said:
Again, it's an idea. And the project is simply just making the film (main source is the new CE) into a (red and blue) 3-D that works with regualr 3-D glasses. So that way, people who haven't seen the 3-D engagements can be able to view it in their own home. I think the process of turning a 2-D film into a 3-D film can be done with the right editing equipment. I agree with you too. I would like to see this also.

ok, ok. Its actually much harder than you think to turn a regular film into 3D, and to get proper depth it can require manually editing frames with photoshop. There was a discussion on FE about the process with some experimentation. I think that converting TNBC by hand would be a LOT of work to get it to look ok. I am not trying to dissuade anyone from doing it. Quite the contrary, I think we all agree it would look awesome. BUT, I think you shouldn't underestimate the scope of the work involved with this project. It will be huge.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Marilyn Manson performing "This Is Halloween" from the soundtrack on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno". If you ever get this project off the ground let me know and I'll be happy to upload it for you.

Top Bottom