• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Myers Family

S

steFANedit

Tagline: Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, this time 100% Rob Zombie

Original Film Name: Halloween (2007)/Halloween II (2009)
Studio Name: Dimension Films
Original Running Time: 121min/119min
Original Release Date: 31 August 2007/28 august 2009
Fanedit Running Time: 112min
Fanedit Release Date: October 2012
Amount of time cut: 75min/65min (12min added)

Intention:
I really liked the first half of Rob Zombie’s remake, the backstory. But then when Michael comes back to Haddonfield Zombie made the mistake of trying to re-create scenes from Carpenter’s classic. Instead he should have approached H1 in the exact same way he approached h2: make it his own.

The Myers Family combines the backstory told in H1 with h2 (making that movie the night He came home) and the end result is a version of Rob Zombie’s reimagining that really feels like a Rob Zombie movie, not some weird Zombie-Carpenter crossover.

So forget the Carpenter (classic) movie altogether when you watch this. Except for some of the characters names, the shatner mask, some story elements, this is a completely original story.

Edit Details:
After having been committed for over 15year, Michael Myers escapes from Smith’s Grove Sanitarium. He returns home to retrieve his killer mask aka Shatner mask, and then we jump to Two Years Later and we are introduced to Laurie Brackett, believed to be sister of Annie Brackett. But, unfortunately for her, that’s not the case and her whole world will collapse within the following three days.

*Daeg Faerch is now the only “young Michael” Chase Wright Vanek is nowhere to be seen.

*Everything about Laurie having a breakdown regarding the events two years earlier is now gone cause the whole “shit-went-down-in-Haddonfield-two-years-earlier-aka-second-half-of-the-remake” is gone (though Laurie do indeed have a meltdown, but that because she turns into Michael Myers mind state)

*The whole movie is now in the aspect ratio: 1.85:1 (that of h2) instead of H1 footage being 2.35:1 and h2 footage 1.85:1 I also added some grain to the H1 footage.

*The classic Halloween score is now completely gone (h2 doesn’t feature any so I had to choose between inserting some or change the score in H1 where the Halloween score does exist)

Cut-List:
(Some changes might not be listed here because of forgetfulness on my part)
Added: Fanedit Warning Text
Changed: H1 footage cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.85:1 (also some grain was added)
Added: “a steFANedit”
Added: “After Effects by TMBTM”
Added: A new intro featuring the super8 footage that plays during the end credits in H1, cut together with other super8 footage I found on youtube. I based this intro on the leaked screenplay for H1.
Cut: Halloween score when Michael leaves the school and stalks the bully (added score by Tyler Bates as replacement)
Cut: Bully treating a kid like shit (this was done because in that moment the Halloween score could be heard even though noise reduction was used and different score added)
Cut: Halloween score when Michael are about to slit the throat of Ronnie White (added score by Tyler Bates as replacement)
Cut: Halloween score when Michael kills Judith (added score by Tyler Bates as replacement)
Cut: Halloween score when Deborah arrives home after work
Cut: Video diaries by Samuel Loomis at Smith Grove
Cut: Last scene where Michael talks “please put my mask back on…”
Cut: Nurse turning her back on Michael
Added: Deleted scene “Parole Hearing” which have been recut
Cut: “15-years later Loomis” from H1
Cut: The rape scene has been toned down to exclude Noel Kluggs “tongue twister”
Cut: Michael looking down on the body of Noel Kluggs (this was a shot from the theatrical breakout and you can see Michael wearing chains which he never do in the director’s cut)
Cut: Danny Trejo is now only pushed down in the sink ones
Changed: When Michael drops the TV on Trejo’s head a title card appear “Haddonfield Illinois” then we have the scene where Michael retrieves his mask but with a different score playing, we then cut to h2
Cut: First 30min of h2
Cut: All the talk about Laurie having nightmares “did you hear her last night?” I also cut all talk about therapy
Cut: All therapy with Margot Kidder
Cut: Loomis answering his phone
Cut: Everything after the line “it’s just quite an oxymoron my dear.”
Changed: The press conference scene has been recut and After Effects work have been done to change the background image from Chase Wright Vanek to adult Michael
Changed: Some of the lines Deborah says to Michael in the shack are different
Cut: Michael being hit in the face by the tire-iron
Changed: Dinner scene (pizza) has been recut to get rid of Annie bitching
Added: Michael looking at the photograph featuring him and Boo
Cut: Michael (and Laurie) dream sequence
Cut: The scene with Loomis outside the Myers house
Cut: Laurie discovering that she’s out of medication
Added: Right after Laurie’s panic attack a short clip of Michael “sensing” Laurie is added
Changed: Loomis interview on TV is recut
Cut: Laurie and Annie fighting
Added: Deleted scene “Cemetery” the scene have been recut and After Effects work have been done to get rid of Chase Wright Vanek
Added: Deleted scene “I say that” during the Rabbit in Red scene
Cut: Howard punching Michael in the face
Cut: Chase Wright Vanek standing outside the Rabbit in Red, holding Deborah’s hand
Cut: The “only a river off blood”-scene
Cut: Michael turning the sign off
Changed: The scene where Brackett reads Loomis book have been recut
Changed: Laurie walking the streets of Haddonfield has been recut to include footage from the Theatrical Cut
Changed: Michael watching billboard have been recut, After Effects work have been done to remove Chase Wright Vanek
Inserted: Loomis at talk show (right after Michael at billboard) Scene have been recut
Cut: Loomis at bookstore
Changed: Laurie now refers Brackett as “dad”
Added: Deleted scene “Comic Book Convention” recut to only include Annie on phone talking to Brackett
Changed: The scene where Michael meets the kid have been cut down to exclude “can we be friends?” and “bye!”
Cut: Wolfie and Mya’s death scene
Cut: Laurie’s panic attack at the Phantom Jam
Cut: Chase Wright Vanek when Annie is attacked
Changed: The female cop now cut to the chase, she only says, “Sheriff Brackett I just got a 911 phone call from your house”
Changed: Michael smashing through door has been intercut with Laurie escaping to amp up the tension
Changed: The scene where Brackett finds his dead daughter have been recut to get rid of the over the top “NOOOO!”
Cut: Chase Wright Vanek outside the burning car, shot of the Myers family walking away, Chase Wright Vanked in the shack
Changed: the lines spoken by the news reporter on TV
Changed: Imaged cropped to get rid of Chase Wright Vanek when Loomis have entered the shack, this will continue throughout the rest of the movie
Changed: Michael’s death dance have been cut down
Cut: Entering the brain of dying Laurie aka the white hallway
Cut: “Love Hurts”
Cut: End credits
Added: “Laurie Theme” and “Nights In White Satin”
Added: Custom made end credits

Special Notes/Thanks:
TMBTM - for your After Effects work

Neglify - for helping me with the cover art

Boon
Captain Khajiit
ThrowgnCpr
n0mArch
L8wrtr
hebridges
- for technical support

Technical Info:
NTSC Single Layer DVD
1.85 : 1 anamorphic widescreen
5.1 Surround Sound

Special Features:
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection
Trailer

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good ste pm sent

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
pm sent, this looks amazing, and the new take on it, has me very intrigued. im a huge Halloween fan, but this one i gotta see!!! thanks for your hard work Stefan!!! hope to see this soon!!

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to checking this out, the intention sounds promising and this is the ideal time of year to watch such an edit. The trailer has me very excited for this edit's release!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
The trailer has me very excited for this edit's release!

You're in luck. It was released yesterday.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
You're in luck. It was released yesterday.

Ah, I'd assumed it hadn't been released yet as I couldn't find any DLC for it. Thanks for the heads up :)

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watches this the other night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Picture and audio top marks, never felt Carpenterish at all, felt a little choppy to me towards the end but never took me out of the film. Thanks Stefan an edit well done.

S

steFANedit

Mediafire terminated my account, so needles to say its offline. I'll re-upload sometimes during the day, this time to rapidshare. Just curious lpd, what parts felt choppy?

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not criticizing honestly I totally enjoyed your edit and will be keeping as part of my collection, what I felt a little choppy was really as Myers is making his way across the fields it felt like the back and forth to Laurie and the other scenes short and fast but honestly no biggy felt like that to me in the original.

S

steFANedit

lpd said:
...what I felt a little choppy was really as Myers is making his way across the fields it felt like the back and forth to Laurie and the other scenes short and fast but honestly no biggy felt like that to me in the original.

you're talking about the second day of h2? the day that starts with Laurie having a freak-out in the bathroom and end with Rabbit in Red? honestly I feel that this edit takes away some of the "soul" of h2 (scenes that some people claims to be a piece of s**t, so I guess they aren't missing anything...) for example, now there isn't any kid michael in h2 so that means that the black&white hallucination scene is gone, also is the freak-out Laurie has at the party, and no therapy scenes, which IMO makes everything move a lot faster. Like Laurie in bathroom freaking-out (morning), (no therapy scene anymore), cut to Michael walking the fields, cut to Brackett house and it's suddenly night (Brackett watching tv, short scene), cut to cemetery scene (short scene), cut to Rabbit in Red....So yeah it does move faster, might feel choppy, (but IMO nothing like the Theatrical cut) ...I really tried to make the story make sense though (and I hope it did) personally I've seen it too many times :?

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah with you saying that stuff under your spoiler button I'm gonna have to have a rewatch of the original, havnt seen it in ages, but yes your edit makes sense and what you've just elaborated on I can see what you were doing.
Honestly its a great edit, I would highly recommend it to others.

S

steFANedit

okay so everything is now re-uploaded, this time to rapidshare, and should be working just fine....Hopefully...

cragglemiester

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey buddy,

This looks a very interesting re-edit and id love to take a look. The Halloween series is on of my favorites. I have sent you a pm. :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review.

This was a great fanedit.

The biggest complaint I have with the Halloween reboot is that it feels like 2 different movies forced to exist together. steFANedit wisely excises the second half of the first movie to get rid of the forced rehash of the Carpenter movie. Halloween II was a terrible movie mainly because it felt like the the second half of Halloween repeated with less likable characters and worse dialogue.

Thankfully steFANedit had the great idea of taking the first half of Halloween and merging it with a condensed version of Halloween II. It may not flow perfectly, but it's a million times better than rewatching the Zombie movies on DVD.

Tech quality is great, it looks as good as the source DVDs and the editing was perfectly executed.

For me, the Rob Zombie Halloween movies have been retired. This is the Halloween reboot I wanted to see.

A/V Quality - 10/10
Visual Editing - 10/10
Audio Editing - 10/10
Narrative - 9/10
Enjoyment - 9/10

IFDB Average: 9.3

S

steFANedit

Just saw that a new review has been written for this fanedit and I would like to take the time to thank reaper18783x for writing it
(also thanks to everyone else who have written one in the past, I don't always comment the reviews but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them...I know I know, at least I could say thanks..)

S

steFANedit

thank you pauley79 for your review. glad you liked it as much as you did.
as for now, no hd version is planned.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to be a buzz-kill, but does using Youtube footage for this edit fall under the proper fanedit rules?
I read throughout the entire thread, and it stuck in the back of my head. Was that youtube clip ever officially released?

Back on track: I actually liked H2. It wasn't that bad at all. I enjoyed H1 as well. I'm interested in seeing how this turned out, but I just had to ask. :)

Top Bottom