• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Mind is a Labyrinth - Favorite Films Fan Edit

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, 

I decided to make a short montage featuring most of my favorite films. I'm not sure if this falls under the typical rules for the site, but this video is on Youtube, I own all of the films, and it's just a 4 minute mash up. 

Some of the films I used are: Black Swan, Being John Malkovich, No Country for Old Men, Drive, The Dark Knight, Gone Girl, Fight Club, Memento, Magnolia, American Beauty, The Master, Ex Machina, Terminator 2, etc. 

Hope everyone enjoys the video.. and if anyone else has made a montage of their favorite films, please share them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJcl70UNU6w

Nice work, very creative :) . I suspect @"Gaith" would dig it. That interview footage from The Master could be repurposed to make a nice fake Blade Runner trailer.

Thread moved to shorts.

TM2YC said:
Nice work, very creative :) . I suspect @"Gaith" would dig it. That interview footage from The Master could be repurposed to make a nice fake Blade Runner trailer.

Thread moved to shorts.

Thanks for watching! I'm glad you enjoyed it... And thanks for moving the thread, I should have looked closer.

Very nice! I'm jealous of your HD editing ability. (I'm sill in the Womble/SD phase myself, but you can check out my montages here.) Two suggestions: be sure to leave some black/cool-down time at the end of a video, especially on YouTube where options for further viewing shatter the mood, and always list your sources, if not in the video itself, than in the description (or provide a link to the same). :)

Gaith said:
Very nice! I'm jealous of your HD editing ability. (I'm sill in the Womble/SD phase myself, but you can check out my montages here.) Two suggestions: be sure to leave some black/cool-down time at the end of a video, especially on YouTube where options for further viewing shatter the mood, and always list your sources, if not in the video itself, than in the description (or provide a link to the same). :)

Hey Gaith, 

Thanks for the feedback. Your videos look perfect on vimeo. May I ask what export settings you use? I've just uploaded my edit there, and it's crushing the blacks. 

I really enjoyed your videos, btw. My favorites were Ye Old Polar Express (This was really enjoyable to watch. Felt like a disney featurette or something) How Titanic Should Have Ended (hilarious!) and Gaithing Out for a Hero. We actually used the same song. Mine is a comical mash up of horror film massacres though. I did my best to make it appear like a story as well.

I had difficulty coming up with a title, so my sister jokingly said "Wedding Crashers 2" - This video has nothing to do with Wedding Crashers and I thought it was silly enough to use, so if you're up for it, please enjoy "Wedding Crashers 2: Wedding Slashers!"

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyknS6j6IVw&t=[/video]

Thanks for the kind words! I edit dvd rips on Womble, save to the auto highest quality settings, and double the pixel dimensions for YT/Vimeo uploads, because otherwise they get compressed as 480p, and don't look as good. And, that's about the extent of my technical expertise, I fear. :)

Gaith said:
Thanks for the kind words! I edit dvd rips on Womble, save to the auto highest quality settings, and double the pixel dimensions for YT/Vimeo uploads, because otherwise they get compressed as 480p, and don't look as good. And, that's about the extent of my technical expertise, I fear. :)

Thanks so much. Maybe I outta give that a try!

Back
Top Bottom