• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Matrix Regenerated & The Matrix Squared

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two more reviews of Matrix fan edits: The Matrix Regenerated & The Matrix Squared. They are on the same page as my Hacked and Dezionized reviews: http://www.fosteronfilm.com/fanedits/matrixfe.htm.

The reviews were written with the assumption that you are familiar with the theatrical cuts, and that you've read the general discussion on Matrix edits at the top of the page.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah, I was excited to read those. Thanks, FOF, again it is a very entertaining pleasure to read your comments and suggestions.
Just a few things:
REGENERATED is Chinese because it gave the editor the chance to let the actors say in the subtitles what he wanted them to say. Therefore he picked a "rare" language which sounded "cool" (I still consider it extremely funny to pick Chinese for a rare language). What the people say in Chinese differs a lot from what the y say in the subtitles.
I think you wrote a pretty great review for that, especially because it did not feel like you destroyed it with your critique, which can VERY easily happen with this fanedit. I remember that my words for another MATRIX fanedit (UNLEASHED) were a bit "rougher" than yours ;-) They would have also been if I had written a review for REGENERATED.

As for MATRIX SQUARED I guess you watched the old version and not the REVISED one, which is around for about two weeks now, but not yet on Rapidshare. Still I dug your review and it fits to what a lot of people think about this cool fanedit. if you had written, what Spence wrote on a MATRIX fansite when he was planning this, you would be more than impressed as to how much detail he gave to the planning of every scene.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
REGENERATED is Chinese because it gave the editor the chance to let the actors say in the subtitles what he wanted them to say. Therefore he picked a "rare" language which sounded "cool"...What the people say in Chinese differs a lot from what the y say in the subtitles.
That's what I thought at first, and expected all kinds of wild variations, but actually, I found the subtitles almost always matched the Chinese. My wife even had me go back so she could translate parts. There's one big change (it is actually only a few words, but they make a huge difference), in a conversation with The Oracle, but almost all the rest of the dialog is what we're used to.

boon23 said:
As for MATRIX SQUARED I guess you watched the old version and not the REVISED one, which is around for about two weeks now, but not yet on Rapidshare... if you had written, what Spence wrote on a MATRIX fansite when he was planning this, you would be more than impressed as to how much detail he gave to the planning of every scene.
Yeah, it's kinda tricky getting a look at the different fan edits, and Rapidshare doesn't work well for me.

Do you have a link to what was written on that Matrix fan site?

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice reviews about the Matrix fanedits!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for your review, i enjoy your feedback.

Top Bottom