• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE MATRIX EVOLUTIONS (V3 DVD-9 Now Available)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Yeah, I'll post the SRT version of the subtitles on Rapidshare or something.

Nice, guess I'll have to get the DVD, forgot about the commentary track business. ;)

I am really happy there is finally another MATRIX fanedit to talk about. And judging from the current comments and reviews, it really rocks.

Downloading the torrent now... but...
Any chance of anybody whose got this, rapidsharing the AVI?
It's just a thought.
I can't wait to see this one! :grin:

killbillme said:
Downloading the torrent now... but...
Any chance of anybody whose got this, rapidsharing the AVI?
It's just a thought.
I can't wait to see this one! :grin:
If you want, I can Rapidshare the final version of the edit, which will be without the few problems that the torrent version had (no video glitch, smoother audio cuts). :)

Also, hears my second question to you all:
My attempts at doing a audio commentary have been very unsuccessful (probably because I'm not much of a speaker) - because I am now much more familar and confortable at doing subtitles, would you want a the editor's commentary as a subtitle track instead?
(I'm only really doing such a extra for those people that download the DVD version, but if you don't want that or want something else in mind, I'd love to hear it)

If you want, I can Rapidshare the final version of the edit.
I asked someone else 'cause i knew you're busy with the dvd and didnt want to take you away from it, but if you want to... thanks.
try doing the commentary with someone else, this way is more of a dilaogue. if that doesnt work, text is fine.

killbillme said:
If you want, I can Rapidshare the final version of the edit.
I asked someone else 'cause i knew you're busy with the dvd and didnt want to take you away from it, but if you want to... thanks.
try doing the commentary with someone else, this way is more of a dilaogue. if that doesnt work, text is fine.
The DVD is basically done save for the short opening video and the commentary, so I have time to upload an AVI to Rapidshare.

As for doing the commentary with another person, I'm pretty much outta luck there (I don't that many people and the people I do know are nowhere near as into films as I am). I'll test out to see how a text commentary would work... might be a lot of reading, especially for such a visual film.

Hey all, I just got finished with testing to see if a text commentary would be doable.... and the results were unsatisfactory for my standards: it ends up to be a LOT of reading, which for a film that is as visual-intensive as this, does not work well in practice (I didn't think that it would, but I had to check and be sure). So because of that, I am sadly going to have to throw the editor's commentary out the window... :-(

So, in place of that, I'll be doing some other extras for the DVD instead:

- in addition to the 1999 "shadow script" of Matrix Reloaded (although it may or may not have been written by the Wachowski brothers, I personally love it and view to be a better and more interesting direction for the story to have gone in), I will also be including the 1996 1st draft script of The Matrix and the 2001 1st draft script of Matrix Reloaded. (to my knowledge, these early scripts are not included on any of the released DVDs)

- a trailer for Matrix Evolutions (some of you might get a kick out of the soundtrack I decided to use for it), as well as a trailer for my AI edit.

Because of these changes, I will also be redoing the DVD cover to reflect these updates.

i'm thinking a text commentary won't be very effective...

i'd rather just read an essay or article.

an audio commentary works because you are LISTENING to them talk about what you are WATCHING.

If you want to devote the time to it, you can record a commentary in little chunks. I did it once, watching while thinking of something to say, then recording...when I ran out of thoughts, I stopped recording and thought of more to say, then recorded again and edited the thing together. It makes you sound more eloquent than you are, hah. But like I said, takes time. I did this for a 30-minute short documentary, doing it for a 3-hour movie would be a pretty big under-taking.

Another possible idea is using the discussions on here about your edit as material...addressing questions and stuff on the commentary.

joebshmoe said:
...well i wasn't trying to disuade you!
No you didn't - I already had tried out doing a text commentary, but it was too wordy and not very good.

text commentaries can be cool... just make them sparse.... saw some cool ones on the star trek enterprise discs.... something just popped up every once in a while... was cool

lewis886 said:
text commentaries can be cool... just make them sparse.... saw some cool ones on the star trek enterprise discs.... something just popped up every once in a while... was cool
Hmm... that does sound kinda interesting (never watched the Enterprise series or DVDs) - maybe I'll take another shot at a text commentary.

yeah... it was cool... they just popped up a little text box every couple minutes or so when there was some interesting fact to show... wasn't a constant commentary by any means....

They also came up on the Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom