• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Matrix Dezionized

no, they are just not seeded. I will continue seeding when I find at least 5 downloaders. I am checking my torrents weekly.

Oh man, every time I see this topic pop up I hope it's that someone is going to re-do this with full 5.1. Of course I understand it would be a major pain, but it's my favorite Matrix edit and full 5.1 would be amazing.

How about a hardware solution?
For the computer, you can get a dolby digital or DTS soundcard which converts stereo to 5.1. I know Turtle Beach's Dolby Digital Live (DDL) card is a good value.
For the tV, don't all recievers convert stereo to 5.1 nowadays?

It's already in 5.1, but it's been upconverted from 2 channel, so both channels are sent to all five speakers (if i understand what is happening correctly). The end result is that the dialogue sounds kind of echo-y, although I can minimize the effect with some settings on my receiver. What I was talking about is a full 5.1 where the dialogue is center channel, and left, right, and rear sounds are discrete.

oh i see.
It's better to just have stereo sound and let the hardware output it to 5.1 directly.

I know that I don't get the same output from all speakers and no echo when the home theatre upconvertys the 2 channel to 5.1 on the fly.

What program is used to convert from 2.0 to 5.1?
I see no point in doing the conversion if you get the same output to all speakers

edit: I now see there are various ways to do that. After a quick search I found the V.I STEREO TO 5.1 CONVERTER VST PLUGIN http://www.stevethomson.ca/vi/
That looks like it may work really well based on feedback on it. Sithlord actually mentioned it in a thread in the audio editing section. If his edits have good 5.1 tracks, then I guess that is a good plugin to have

there is a big difference in player upconverted 5.1 and software upconverted 5.1.
Now some people might complain about echo effects and they are welcome to do so, but IMO it is nitpicking. I have a surround system myself and I do not have any problems with edit upconverts, be it my own or Uncanny's or the ones that others do, in fact, I prefer them a lot to 2.0, because it keeps voices and action scenes on better levels, which is the major problem of 2.0 IMO.
It seems to me the matter is made a bit too big for what it is. The 5.1 upconverting is done with care with the best possible software to do this, which is sony vegas. And this is not just some cheap trick, but intended and seen by the majority of people as an advantage. That is the reason why I do it and did not stick to 2.0.
2.0 is superior to upconverted 5.1? Ridiculous.
Yes, I can work with true 5.1, but it is a lot of effort that I find unnecessary for my fanedits.
And it spares me from using lame excuses for what cannot be done in true 5.1, when all it is is just even more effort.

oh okay boon.

I was under the impression that the exact same sound was coming out from the rear speakers as the front.

I know my reciever has the option to output stereo to all the speakers this way and it doesn't sound good with the echos and such. Obviously, I set it to output DTS or Dolby.

boon23 said:
Now some people might complain about echo effects and they are welcome to do so, but IMO it is nitpicking. I have a surround system myself and I do not have any problems with edit upconverts, be it my own or Uncanny's or the ones that others do, in fact, I prefer them a lot to 2.0, because it keeps voices and action scenes on better levels, which is the major problem of 2.0 IMO.
Sorry Boon, but the "echo" effect is not a nitpick - it is an issue the viewers do legitimately have with upconverted stereo-to-5.1 audio mixes. I have the same problem when I watch Magnoliafan's Balance to the Force: the voices, music, and sound effects are so "all over the place" that it gives me a headache and I have to convert the 5.1 sound to stereo through my surround system to listen to it properly.

Boon, I also disagree that this is a nitpick. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed Dezionized. However, even though I was able to mess around with my receiver settings in order to get things sounding ok, in my opinion, it will never sound as good as full 5.1. And I have to say that I enjoyed Hacked just a bit more due to the full 5.1. I would agree that a well done upconverted 5.1 should sound better than 2.0, but still, give me the full 5.1 every time.

thanks, blick57, I am happy that upconverted 5.1 sounds better than 2.0. Makes this feature worthwhile.

Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to read in a forum situation. If that was sarcasm, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this particular issue.

However, since I can't tell for sure, I choose to believe that was not sarcasm and you are truly glad I enjoyed the fanedit (which I did).

no sarcasm intended towards you. I meant what I said: I am happy we can agree that upconverted 2.0 is better than just 2.0. That's why I am creating it like that. And I absolutely and 100% agree that true 5.1 sounds better.

that's what i thought, but wasn't sure - written words are often difficult to understand true intent. glad we agree :)

I'm stretching back on years-old memory here, but is it true that there were different edits between the two versions of Matrix DeZionized beyond just the 5.1 upconverted audio mix? The version I have has just one jumpy audio cut during the fight scene with the Frenchman's henchmen.

well, I originally released a 2.0 version of this fanedit. The very same audio was used to create the 5.1.

this is now available as 1.2GB xvid avi through BT on the piratebay

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 which is a cheap, dumbed-down version of Sony Vegas - which doesnt allow me to edit in 5.1 and I am pretty sure I cannot convert 2.0 to 5.1 with it either (unless I just havent found that option yet) anyway - are there any other options to upconvert to "fake 5.1" once I export my 2.0 audio outside of vegas?
thanks.

Thanks boon,
I'll give it a try on my RS edit. still waiting on my HDD though :|

Back
Top Bottom