• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Making of SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Making of SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS...

is a 40 min deep dive into some of the techniques and issues faced while pulling this edit together.

Though the narrative restructure is not revealed, the colder you see the FILM itself (IFDB below), the better….

Split Unbreakable Glass - Fanedit.org

Please PM accordingly

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are correct people should certainly watch the edit before seeing this. I love that I went into the edit after only reading the thread and a few reviews. Watching this first wouldn't have ruined it but might have tempered the "awe" effect. Several times as I was watching the edit the second time (after watching the original movies)...I would catch something and think, "how in the hell did he do that?" Seriously, Wraith pulls some very tricky editing in places. This documentary IS a spoiler for a few of those things. If you watch the edit. Then watch this, you will be impressed. If you do like I did and watch the edit and then watch the original blu rays then watch the edit again...THEN watch this you will be amazed.

The narrative timeline looked like it might be as big as my kitchen table.🤣😂

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By all means PM me on any bits that still baffle… I obviously can’t go into the BIG stuff in the video, this thread or other thread. The reveal must be in watching, but I’m more than happy to be open and share via PM. The more we all share, the better and more creative everyone becomes.

A number of editors have shared with me things that upped my game… pay it forward I say. Heck, we all watching making SPFX videos, and I’ve never built a wire frame digitally (and never will)…. But I love to know and see how it’s all done…

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe" - Lex Luthor

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even though I have yet to review the edit (still trying to figure out how to put my sheer awe into words) I'm going to say a few things about this making of...

It's an absolutely amazing self- inflicted expose into what goes on in the mind of a frustrated genius faneditor.

You should NOT watch this until you see the edit. There are a few spoilers. You get to see how Wraith accomplished some complex editing. Wipes, fades, midsentence cuts and segues, editing existing music cues, adding new ones, pans in and out, hiding things hard to remove, masking, etc. A timeline of restructuring narrative ideas the size of my kitchen table...

If you were impressed by the edit even close to the amount that several of us were, you should watch it. He's letting you in...to his mind...briefly. It's very rewarding.

Very highly recommended!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Due to YouTube's crazy operation of how copyright claims are disputed, despite 26 of the 27 being disputed successfully under fair use provisions, the use of GLASS has been rejected resulting in the video being blocked in some regions.

This is nuts since the video is clearly educational, transformative, free, uses only small portions, is journalistic in nature and cannot supplant the original. It is legally flawed since there are a huge number if such videos out there… I mean, redlettermedia etc….

EDIT
re-submitted
W

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YouTube access is gone

Last edited:

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome stuff Wraith... I haven't watch it all yet, as I need to see the edit.... but more of these please.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have thought of a few extras I could drop in while keeping it spoilerish free...

I'm also planning on a full VIDEO COMMENTARY, explaining EVERYTHING over the length of the whole film, with captions, picture in picture, un-used ideas and transitions, rejected scoring options, rationale and narrative comment and more, if there is appetite for it....it is a lot of work to one of those (last done for THE THINGS).

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have thought of a few extras I could drop in while keeping it spoilerish free...

I'm also planning on a full VIDEO COMMENTARY, explaining EVERYTHING over the length of the whole film, with captions, picture in picture, un-used ideas and transitions, rejected scoring options, rationale and narrative comment and more, if there is appetite for it....it is a lot of work to one of those (last done for THE THINGS).
As i admire such work as do i think the benefit of this would be minor because perhaps a handfull of people would watch it. So you‘ ve to make the choice if a handfull is enough of interest for you to do it.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handful works, since I will probably forget this all in due course and I'll certainly want to jog my own recall frankly.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, the content for GLASS has again been rejected again, despite a detail articulation by moi of why it falls under fair use for this video. The video is still available but blocked in a few regions (but it won't tell me which). It tells me less than 10% of viewers are impacted. PM me if you are impacted.

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The making of SUG part 2 is now available.

Part 3 will be released in Feb 2022 as part of a feature length 131 min deep dive incorporating parts 1 & 2 as well.

There will also be a surprise.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now, everyone else gets to see how SUG was made. Each one of these "making of" docs expose your madness exponentially more than the last. Awesome work! Every faneditor should watch this!

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUG was so awesome and truly redeems Glass. I feel like I'll find myself watching this singular epic more than I would re-watch any of the original films. I look forward to seeing how you went about it. Genius stuff!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The FEATURE LENGTH version of THE MAKING OF SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS is available ahead of its listing this weekend.

This contains the NEW Part 3 AND the surprise trailer for an edit that will drop in MARCH 2022.

Part 3 is only available in the feature length version and is UBER spoiler heavy diving deep into the planning and construction of the narrative.

PM me accordingly.

The Secret Trailer will drop on Tuesday Feb 1st as will the NEW THREAD for that edit.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The FEATURE LENGTH version of THE MAKING OF SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS is available ahead of its listing this weekend.

This contains the NEW Part 3 AND the surprise trailer for an edit that will drop in MARCH 2022.

Part 3 is only available in the feature length version and is UBER spoiler heavy diving deep into the planning and construction of the narrative.

PM me accordingly.

The Secret Trailer will drop on Tuesday Feb 1st as will the NEW THREAD for that edit.
Awesome! Been looking forward to the entire documentary as a whole.

This is an amazing self inflicted expose into the mind of a fanediting genius who likely needs professional help. They may never fully exorcise their M.Night demons. Awesome stuff!

Every faneditor who aspires to go the distance with narrative restructuring needs to watch this. Everyone who was scratching their heads while watching Split Unbreakable Glass need to, as well.

Top Bottom