• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Legend of Zelda - Unhooked from the Brothers Edition

The weird thing was there were a couple of episodes where Link pretty much suceeds in "killing" Ganon, only they sugar-coast it as "deenergizing", any instance of that would be welcome. Maybe even edit it to make it look like Ganon actually died and not shown to be alive afterwards

Zarius said:
The weird thing was there were a couple of episodes where Link pretty much succeeds in "killing" Ganon, only they sugar-coast it as "deenergizing", any instance of that would be welcome. Maybe even edit it to make it look like Ganon actually died and not shown to be alive afterwards

No, this isn't a fan edit. More like a special project. I don't want to alter the content of the episodes themselves. I was just wondering about not ending with "The Moblins Are Revolting". Maybe simply swap it and "The Missing Link"? It would be a fitting ending to see Link in a hole and Zelda laughing her ass off.

Then again, "The Missing Link" makes Zelda seem generally incapable, and she only slowly grows into her hero role, which is in stark contrast to pretty much every other episode, where she's shown to be a badass. "The Missing Link" feels like it should come earlier.

I guess what I'm asking is if the revelation that Zelda loves Link "just a little" should come at the beginning or end of the series.

I think for consistency, you should definitely place ML early, maybe even as the first episode. Zelda's feelings for Link are evident throughout the series, hell there's some really emotional stuff with them later when Link gets turned into a frog.

All 13 episodes have been exported to MPGs. Due to the varying file sizes, if I go in order, the first 6 episodes could fit on disc 1, and the last 7 episodes could fit on disc 2. I'll play around with the episode order and see what I come up with.

I'd like suggestions for disc art. As I mentioned up-thread, I'd been considering calling them Wisdom and Power, but Ganon is associated with the Triforce of Power, which would leave Link off the disc art.

I've been playing around with the episode order today. It's impossible to move "The Missing Link" to disc 1 (as much as it feels like the "origin" of Zelda's badassery and as much as getting the love revelation out in the open early on would benefit the series), due to the relatively low file size of "The Missing Link" compared to that of every episode on disc 1. Basically, I can't move any episode from disc 1 to disc 2 to make room for "The Missing Link" on disc 1, because disc 2 is almost at capacity and can't fit a "bigger" episode.

For those that are interested, here are the file sizes for each episode (in megabytes):

Disc 1:

01 The Ringer: 663
02 Cold Spells: 664
03 The White Knight: 675
04 Kiss 'N Tell: 776
05 Sing for the Unicorn: 689
06 That Sinking Feeling: 688
Disc 1: 4155

Disc 2:

07 Doppelganger: 688
08 Underworld Connections: 687
09 Stinging a Stinger: 588
10 Hitch in the Works: 595
11 Fairies in the Spring: 606
12 The Missing Link: 606
13 The Moblins are Revolting: 601
Disc 2: 4371

I'm considering the following order:

Disc 1:

01 The Ringer
03 The White Knight
02 Cold Spells
04 Kiss 'N Tell
05 Sing for the Unicorn
07 Doppelganger

I moved "The White Knight" to before "Cold Spells", because WK has a scene with a roaring fire in the castle, suggesting winter, and CS is the beginning of spring.

I had "That Sinking Feeling" and "Doppelganger" swap discs (they're the same size), because TSF is clearly a post-love episode (see below).

Disc 2:

13 The Moblins are Revolting
12 The Missing Link
08 Underworld Connections
09 Stinging a Stinger
10 Hitch in the Works
06 That Sinking Feeling
11 Fairies in the Spring

I moved "The Moblins are Revolting" to the beginning of the disc, so the series won't end on Link's great screw-up, and said screw-up will be the last thing before the big love revelation.

That's why I moved "The Missing Link" up to directly after TMaR.

Now, both of Zelda's demands for a kiss ("Stinging a Stinger" and TSF) are on disc 2 and after the love revelation instead of before.

I put TSF after SaS, because TSF is the more passionate of the two (Zelda tackles Link to the ground, moans in lust, and says "Shut up and kiss me").

I put "Fairies in the Spring" last, so Zelda could have a line during the final scene (all that she does is laugh along with the others in TSF).

Thoughts?

I've created the two discs using the order that I'd mentioned above. I'm currently uploading (on disc 2 now). Anyone willing to do cover and disc art for this?

I'm happy to put something together for you (the first thing to pop into my head is a variation on the NES Zelda box art, but I'll see what else I can come up with). Can you post/PM me a few episode screenshots, and maybe a shot of the DVD menu?

That One Guy said:
Can you post/PM me a few episode screenshots, and maybe a shot of the DVD menu?

The DVD menus are a screenshot background and golden text.

Disc 1: Power:

Power.jpg

Disc 2: Wisdom:

Wisdom2.jpg

Unused screenshots:

Power2.jpg

Wisdom.jpg

I haven't forgotten about this, I should have at least one set of disc and cover art finished by the weekend :)

Sorry for the delay on the cover/disc art for this, Mark - I'm trying to finish it up tonight.
In the meantime, here's a cute piece of mashup fanart I found while looking around for ideas:
134740.jpg

OK, taking longer on this one than I'd like, but how about this for some retro-gaming flavour, Mark?

24215239722_9815147161_b.jpg

That looks pretty noss to me. And I'm so happy to see that the penguin logo I found is still being used for Tuxedo Mark fanedits. :D

I need to tweak the layout on the back (add fake screen borders around the screenshots, rearrange them etc) and add the spine text but overall I quite like it. I've seen some great Zelda fanart on DA etc but they're generally for more recent games like Wind Waker so the character rosters apart from Link don't really make sense...Still, I might make an alt cover after I finish this one if I find something that works :)

Right, here's a hopefully-final version of the cover art:
24261521951_64c238e649_k.jpg

I'm thinking of a NES cartridge inspiration for the actual disc art, probably drawing from something like this:
Legend_of_Zelda_-_1987_-_Nintendo.jpg

Meanwhile, here are a few pieces of lovely fanart I found:

1000x679_13032_The_Wind_Waker_2d_fan_art_zelda_legend_of_zelda_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

The_Legend_of_ZELDA_by_captainosaka.png

the_triforce_by_neddea-d6nin9m.jpg

legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-link-25.jpg

Looking good. :) You might want to remove the leftover Nintendo trademark and copyright notices, though.

The closing credits of the series indicates it's copyrighted 1989 by Nintendo of America, Inc. However, Captain N also says that, but it uses a lot of non-Nintendo characters, so I'm doubtful of which, if any, of the DiC cartoon series could be considered Nintendo's property.

I just submitted this to IFDb. I kept forgetting to do that. :p

Back
Top Bottom