• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Games Of The Strangers - Scary As Hell Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is it about? These are the scary as hell 24 hours of family torture. In an episodic structure Funny Games (2007), The Strangers (2008) and The Last House on The Left (2009) are combined to one gruesome 3h movie. How much can you take?

tagline: Home is not sweet and it is not safe.

original film names: Funny Games (2007) by Michael Haneke
The Strangers (2008) by Bryan Bertino
The Last House on The Left (2009) by Dennis Iliadis
new film name : The Last Games Of The Strangers - Scary As Hell Edition
film studio name : Celluloid Dreams and 2 times Rogue Pictures
edit crew name : 3Raz0r
Date Edit Was Released : 08 2009
Original Runtime : Funny Games (2007): 111 minutes, The Strangers (2008): 88 minutes, The Last House on The Left (2009): 114 minutes, combined: 313 minutes
New Runtime : 190 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 120 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended :
Funny Games:

- deleted all scenes that directly address the audience
- deleted a lot of "game-talk" by Paul and Peter
- deleted a lot of "reason-talk" by Paul and Peter
- deleted remote control scene
- deleted several draggingly long scenes
- deleted Anne, George and Georgie arrival

The Strangers:

- deleted Kristen and James arrival
- deleted intro flashback and Kristen/James flashback scene
- shortened several long scenes
- deleted "barn-radio" scene

The Last House On The Left:

- deleted Krug gang first assault
- deleted swimming, arrival at the house and boathouse scene
- shortened several long scenes throughout the movie
- shortened "hunting Paige" scene
- shortened "nose stitching" scene
- shortened "wound treatment" scenes

Fanedit details :
Some people already know that I have a fable for horror movies. With this episodic take on 3 movies into 1, I wanted to create an ultimate "how much can you take?" fanedit. The 3 movies have a few things in common: all 3 happen in more or less 24h and in all 3 of them sweet and innocent families are tortured by violent strangers. Other than that the movies differ a lot from each other. I tried to correct that, which turns "Funny Games" into a serious movie, "The Strangers" into a less dragging one and "The Last House On The Left" into a "less gory" one. I have changed the aspect ratio and the look of the movies, so they all better fit to each other. The order of the scenes is set by the time events occur. So the fanedit starts in the morning and ends in the morning of the next day. It takes a bit of time to get used to the narration style, because you are actually watching 3 movies and it is intentional that it feels like switching from one to the other.

The release:
This fanedit is available as NTSC SL DVD, xvid avi and ipod ready mp4.

The DVD is very compressed but looks great. If the audience insists on a Dual Layer, I am willing to create and upload one, but I don't think it is necessary.

aspect ratio: 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen

Your intention for this fanedit:
my intention? You would not have guessed it, but I want to make you suffer and put you through an experience that you will not easily forget. All 3 movies have their weaknesses, combined I think they are a lot better and really different. "Funny Games" was a strange horror movie that played the audience. It was draggingly slow. It had weird scenes. I know, I deleted the experimental approach from it by adding score and taking away what made it special. But now it's actually thrilling. "The Strangers" had its major weakness in repeating again and again the same games to cause anxiety. Even though it is the shortest of the three, it felt very long. By splitting it up and cutting away bits and pieces it gets a lot more scary. "The Last House On The Left" was a solid, yet standard remake that unlike the original was told as a thrilling story. But it suffers from nowadays weakness of too much unneeded gore and too streamlined scenes that we all have seen way to often. By cutting the crap I think I have reduced it to a version that has more in common with the coldness of the original.

Your way to achieve your intention:
the usual way, which was as usual pretty unusual.

Hardware and software information :
My nice new computer.
Womble. Goldwave. Besweet. DVD LAB PRO. Pro Show Gold. Avisynth. TMPG Xpress.

Who am I?
I am 3Raz0r, I like horror movies and I dig fanedits.

Time needed for the edition: a few weeks (the final cut took 5 days, since I had to wait for the Last House On The Left DVD)
persons involved: my beautiful self

Additional information links:
imdb: (The Last House On The Left - 2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844708/
(The Strangers) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482606/
(Funny Games US) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808279/

artwork: http://rapidshare.com/files/270810069/a ... angers.rar

available: DVD, avi and mp4 on Rapidshare
avi on torrent

M77

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds great cant wait to watch this
Thanks

gnovak1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am definitely going to download this tonight and watch it. I'd like to see this attempt to successfully combine 3 movies into 1. Can it be done and can it be done convincingly?

I have all 3 movies and hate them for different reasons. Last House was too Gory, Strangers was too stupid, and Funny Games dragged. But your edit i'm hoping will fix all these issues and turn this into one entertaining piece.

I like this idea very much.

gnovak1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone having trouble downloading this? It says volume 25 is corrupt. Tried to redownload a 2nd time and got the same results.

Please help ! Thanks.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, I checked and you are right. I re-uploaded part25. Try again, please.

gnovak1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No it's still corrupted. I tried dowloading it twice and same thing.

Glenn

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to disagree. I downloaded the DVD today and it extracted just fine. Gnovak1, you have probably a problem with your temp files. Delete the part that did work. Restart your computer. Try again. The files are fine.

gnovak1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So did mine at first boon23. The JDownloader program extracted the files with no errors. But then only the first 1 hour and 16 minutes played. The rest ... nothing.

I then checked the vob files and they were not the same size as indicated within the zip file. The vob files were smaller. I then used winrar to unzip the files and that's when i got the corrupt errors. Razor3 confirmed this by saying i was right that it was indeed corrupted.

I'm going to try to redownload all the files over again. I'm saying to you to check to make sure all 3 hours can be played.

Glenn

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
all works fine on my end. It seems the corrupt file was successfully replaced.

gnovak1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very odd. I've downloaded dozens of edits and never had any problems until now.
Looks like i'll have to give up on this one.

Can't seem to shake the corrupt file issue.

Glenn

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
there is an md5. And the check went well.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well there ya go, lol. problem solved ;)

can anyone comment on the quality? 3 hours is a lot to cram onto a DVD5... if the DVD9 is going to happen i'd like to wait for that.

i love all the other SAHEs so it seems worth it to splurge on the DL.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was enjoying the hell out of this until the DVD stopped playing at 1 hr and 47 minutes.
*groan*
I watch the fanedits via streaming from the pc to the xbox and it justs stops a 1:47 and goes to the movies library listing.
Though if I use an older xbmc to play it, it will actually jump from that 1h47 min mark to somewhere like the 2hr and 29 minute mark.

Upon further investigation, it seems that vob #3 is super bad.
VLC says its only 14 minutes long but it should be about 40 minutes long.

I just noticed the vob 4, the last one, is almost as big at 969 MB but VLC says that it is only 13 minutes long. It seems to play fine but don't want to spoil it.

Basically, since JD downloaded and extracted this without a hitch, the DVD is fubarred fright from the get-go.

While I'm here, I may as well note that the video quality isn't great when viewing on the PC but it looks really good on the big screen with xbmc upcoverting it to 1080i.
So if you have an xbox, or even better an HTPC, hooked up to your tv for viewing movies, then it looks quite good.

But if not you probably won't be too impressed with the video quality.

I am going to download the avi so that I can at least finish watching the movie.

Since it's a 1.3 gb avi, the video quality may actually be better than the DVD but I'll be missing out on the 5.1 audio.

Having said all that, I'd really like a repaired DL DVD

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've downloaded the avi.
The video quality is good but not as good as the DVD, with a little artifacting showing up on the PC. I doubt I will notice anything on the TV.

Interestlingly, JD gave me an extract error and VLC said the file was 1.3 gb but only 10 minute long and would play only the first 10 minutes.

I tested the files with 7zip and winrar and there were no errors.

So I unrarred this time manually with winrar and overwrote the avi that JD unrarred.

Now all is fine. I have a 3hr avi that will should play all the way through.

Now this made me think that maybe the DVD vob files might not be bad after all, since it's possible that JD didn't do a proper job of extracting the download, just as it did with the avi.
I just can't remember if I had JD extract this DVD or not. But I'm sure that if it did, that I would have noticed an extract error. Then again, maybe JD made an error but didn't report an error. It's possible.

So, I dunno, maybe if somebody has successfully downloaded the DVD and have it play all the way through without a problem, they can confirm that here.

If so, then JD must have messed up the extraction.

One thing is for sure, I'm doing the extracting myself from now on.

Top Bottom