• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Jigsaw Anthology Series

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BPiCy4F.png

The Jigsaw Anthology is a series of shorts (is 40 minutes short) focusing on those trapped within Jigsaw's games and traps. 

Taking the trap/game subplot of the Saw films and cutting out the cop and flashback elements to showcase a faster paced, less plot-centric and more gore-focused version of the series for those out there with low attention spans

A few years ago, I recut 2,3 and 5 into this format, but they're not up to my current standards, so I'll redo them to incorporate them into this series, but for now, I'm starting with the most recent one in the franchise

1pQy5I5.png

Using Jigsaw (2017) as a base and trimming away the cops trying to figure out who is behind the game and everyone chasing a ghost, this leaves the five people playing the game in The Barn. I've colour graded the entire thing to align closer to the earlier films, taking away the reds and the blues to bring out more of the greens inside the setting. I've also added the older Lionsgate intro as the gritter look matches better with the Saw films than the new angelic look, although I've kept the updated Twisted Pictures card as I do like it a lot more.

I've created my own little title sequence, it's nothing too impressive but it gets the job done.

The ending has now been rescored by this film's rendition of "Hello Zepp" a piece that closes out all of the Saw films. This is included much later in the theatrical cut, but has been put here as that footage is now on the cutting room floor. New credits have also been added, again nothing too substantial but I did want to credit that cast that are left and the more important crew (director, writter, editor, music) instead of the 9 or so producers. 

Total Runtime is 41:53 and is unlikely to change unless I want to cut something out, but I'll see if there's anything trimmable in the test screening.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's good to see you're planned a series of Saw edits. I've been getting into the Saw series since February, and due to the lockdown, this "anthology" would make for some excellent viewing.

maven48

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great idea. After saw 4 the traps stay creative but the narrative takes a massive drop off in quality.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone noticed the Saw series has the cleanest centre channel out of all movies with 5.1 surround sound?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I noticed that when editing a few of them a while back, makes rescoring a hell of a lot easier

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Yeah I noticed that when editing a few of them a while back, makes rescoring a hell of a lot easier

Agreed. Why can't other movies be that generous, like Batman Forever?

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:

Agreed. Why can't other movies be that generous, like Batman Forever?

Or Star Wars  :)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That opening scene is excellently crafted, very well done.

There is one thing I noticed at the 2:16 mark on the second clip is that the audio cut is a bit abrupt, I'm almost certain that isn't in the original film, but if so I am very sorry.

Good work so far, excited to see it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:

There is one thing I noticed at the 2:16 mark on the second clip is that the audio cut is a bit abrupt, I'm almost certain that isn't in the original film, but if so I am very sorry.

I think it's new score added to the scene, I didn't make any cuts to the scene however.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
SonofSinbad said:

I think it's new score added to the scene, I didn't make any cuts to the scene however.

Oh i see, do you have any estimated time for when you think this will be done?

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was able to watch this fantastic edit and I loved it, the only good thing in Jigsaw was the traps, and now that you have removed them from the film has weirdly made me like the film more.

Most of the time I usually get my phone and leave notes for what could be improved, but this time the list was empty. Each and every single cut was seamless.

Im excited for Volume 2, The Bathroom maybe ? :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a poster for the first entry, official release forthcoming

EKalJfD.png

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations on the completion of Vol. 1, Bobson. What can we expect in Vol. 2, provided you have a plan for this anthology?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Volume 2 will most likely feature The Bathroom (Saw) or The House (Saw II). I think there's a lot more you can do with The Bathroom as Saw didn't have as much jumping around as later films, but some scenes could still be cut and trimmed I feel. 
Saw II has already been done like 2 years ago, but I'm not sure what state it's in as I wasn't as proficient then as I am now, might just need some cleaning up and some new title cards, but we'll see.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With Saw X coming up, I was curious if there's been any thought on revisiting this series? I love what you did with the first entry!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first batch of new edits are ready! This includes the first three volumes, which covered the stories from Jigsaw, Saw 2 and 3.

I started this back in 2017 before Saw 8/Jigsaw came out, and then got it going before Spiral was out in 2021, and finally with Saw X out soon, I figured I should properly get this out there before I'm stuck in a trap myself. Originally I planned to edit all of the films. but looking at Saw 1, and Spiral, I don't think I'll be able to recut them to fit this project. So consider all these edits as sequels to the original Saw, and Spiral as a spinoff (which it kind of is anyway).

RUNTIMES:

Vol. 1 - The Barn (42:52)
Vol. 2 - The House (50:35)
Vol. 3 - The Abattoir (36:03)

Batch Two and Three, which will include Saw 4/5 and 6/7 should hopefully follow soon!

Here's a little sneak peak at Vol. 2, which may be my favourite one, next to 5.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished rewatching all of the movies and CAN'T WAIT to watch your edits!

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched all three shorts, I loved it! Left some reviews.

Concerning ep 01, is it possible to make it more resemble the original movies in style? Add a greenish/yellowish tint (the vomit filter I call it), some zoom/close-ups effects to show the panic and distress of the players...etc ?

minimcinz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely class. Was expecting it to be choppy and take me out of it but it really didnt. How do I post a review for this?

Top Bottom