• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Horror

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edit of Apocalypse Now "The Horror" is released.
I you want to see the HD version of it (10GB) sent me a pm, because this version is not gonna be on faneditinfo

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to the Fix/Mix forum. The completed archive is for ITW threads.

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm, something seems a little strange...... I clicked on a link on a thread for a edit called Book Of The Dead and it took me here. Same editor different edits!!:?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I screwed that up. Nothing to see here. ;)

ghouldetail

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed this edit, I'm just off to write a review. Great work, sir :rockon:

Edit: I'll have to write that once it's up on ifdb.

But, in short... ish, yeah I liked The Horror a lot. It's as if in a parallel universe the studio hated Coppola's cut of the film and took final cut away from him and re-edited it to be a much more straight down the line war movie. And it works very well in that kind of style. So I can happily add this to the 3 other versions (theatrical, redux and re-redux) that I can choose from depending on my mood. And to be perfectly honest, this version is one that I can see myself watching again quite a few times. It's very direct and to the point, it doesn't let up on the gas. It's very well done and, dare I say it with Apocalypse Now being one of my favourite movies, it injects some excitement back into a flick I've seen so many times I can do all the dialogue along with the actors. Good editing choices throughout and technically well done aswell. I'm very impressed

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick simple cover I made for myself. Thought I'd share for everyone else. Feel free to use it if you like.

the%20horror%20br%20cover.jpg

based on art by deviantart users Yugi5 and brain2damaged

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice cover.
My compliments for the Tarantino cut of Natural Born Killers.
I'm curious about your Insidious recut

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you very much! The Insidious edit is done save for a new title card. Then I'll try to get a preview and it should be out within a couple weeks.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Horror is just re-made and done.
This version has the same editing of course, only at the end some different music overdub
And this edit is with digital sound, and the last one of the remakes.;-)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, it was AAC stereo but al the remakes are done in AC3 It's sounds a little stronger but it's not 5.1
I wish i could keep the DTS sound but that is not possible so far as i know

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac51 said:
I wish i could keep the DTS sound but that is not possible so far as i know

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it is possible. Check the tech forum.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=10512]geminigod[/MENTION] was all about DTS tracks on his fanedits. His guide kind of covers it, but he says

geminigod said:
DTS is a whole other ball of wax that I won't go into any further on this thread. For a first edit,I recommend not going there and just sticking with dolby digital.

Top Bottom