• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Comfort Edition

catferoze

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

And here's my third Hobbit edit which has far more cuts than the other two but mostly smaller moments that slowed things down for me. There were a lot of silly stunts during the battle that got old fast. Since I removed Azog from the previous edits he just shows up here as a leader of the orc army similar to Gothmog in RotK.

Battle of the Five Armies cutlist:
-everything from opening credits to title moved to DoS edit (open on Galdalf imprisoned)
-Alfrid scene
-creepy Legolas
-add title card
-Alfrid scene
-Alfrid "pointy hat"
-twirly whirlies & Dain
-Dain yelling
-worm close-up
-Dain fighting
-chariot nonsense & some Azog yelling
-catapult trolls
-catapult & headram trolls
-cart riding Bard & blind troll
-Alfrid scenes
-Thranduil on elk orc overkill
-Azog yelling & Dain fighting
-Thorin's gold fever dream
-Azog yelling & catapult trolls
-fighting dwarf silliness
-Alfrid "wearing corset"
-Dain headbutts, "too many buggers"
-Thorin & Dain "kill piece of filth" to "singlehanded"
-trim chariot "hold tight lads" to "Durin save you all"
-chariot vs trolls
-chariot on ice to wargs on ice
-"too old for this"
-Galdalf vs troll
-"no more than 100"
-fighting dwarfs vs trolls
-Legolas on bat
-moved up Thorin fighting orcs on ledge
-Bilbo knocked out scene transitions to Azog throws Thorin onto ice
-anti-gravity Legolas running
-trim Thorin vs ball & chain Azog
-mentioning Arathorn, "true name"

runtime: 135 minutes
time cut: 29 minutes

Last edited:
I think what would make a fanedit truly terrific is if you could have bilbo show up after the fighting already breaks out and fight with the ring still on (throwing rocks at the orcs while being invisible) and just have him accidentaly be knocked out while still wearing the ring. The orcs not killing him always felt off to me, but if he gets knocked out while still being invisible by the orc that just happens to hit him with the other end of his weapon while running past him, that would make that whole scene infinitely more believable imo.

I would do it myself but I dont know how to create that 'ring wearing' effect.

You should post your posters on your threads. They are all three very nice.

I think what would make a fanedit truly terrific is if you could have bilbo show up after the fighting already breaks out and fight with the ring still on (throwing rocks at the orcs while being invisible) and just have him accidentaly be knocked out while still wearing the ring. The orcs not killing him always felt off to me, but if he gets knocked out while still being invisible by the orc that just happens to hit him with the other end of his weapon while running past him, that would make that whole scene infinitely more believable imo.

I would do it myself but I dont know how to create that 'ring wearing' effect.
I always liked the idea of following the book more closely with Bilbo getting knocked out while invisible right away and waking up after it's all over. That wouldn't leave much of the movie though, and I like most of what they did with it. Anyway, I don't have the skills to pull off the ring effect either. I'd love to see someone do it convincingly though!

Back
Top Bottom