• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

THE HOBBIT: Pt1 The Quest for Erebor: Pt 2 An Adventure's End

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eldusto84 said:
Hi there Wraith, just saw your edit made it IFDB. Haven't watched it yet but I noticed the artwork. I should say that I'm partially flattered, but also a little disappointed that you lifted my box art design (from JRR Tolkien's the Hobbit, aka the Maple Films edit) and patched your name over it.

I know I have no claim over the material, as we are all working off copyrighted content. But I spent a lot of time designing that box art and wish you had reached out or at least credited me in some manner. There's also the real chance that people may be confused by the similarities between our covers, and think they are checking out one when they mean to check out the other.
Hi

First, a huge and massive apology. I came across this artwork while scanning fan art and I pulled the image from another fan who had altered it. I just did a google scan and no longer can find that image... I had no idea it originated with Maple Films (big respect on Finest Hour). Had I known, I would not have used it at all, and if I had I would have reached out. 

I enjoy making artwork too and would not want to offend or especially cause confusion (given I spent nearly 4 years on my edit). I'd like mine to stand alone as well.

I have PM'd staff to remove the artwork and I will supply replacement art in due course.

I hope that resolves things and again, apologies.
W

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Props to Wraith for making a real apology here: State the problem, explain what happened, express regret for the mistake, and provide action on fixing the problem. It's not something you see a lot of online.

eldusto84

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
eldusto84 said:
Hi

First, a huge and massive apology. I came across this artwork while scanning fan art and I pulled the image from another fan who had altered it. I just did a google scan and no longer can find that image... I had no idea it originated with Maple Films (big respect on Finest Hour). Had I known, I would not have used it at all, and if I had I would have reached out. 

I enjoy making artwork too and would not want to offend or especially cause confusion (given I spent nearly 4 years on my edit). I'd like mine to stand alone as well.

I have PM'd staff to remove the artwork and I will supply replacement art in due course.

I hope that resolves things and again, apologies.
W

Thanks for the response and I appreciate the honesty. But no worries, really. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of artwork you can come up with...your disc art is very nice :)

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all..the replacement artwork is now live, and I'm happy with it. Any similarity between it and any other is coincidental since there are only so many fonts, and layouts, and borders and stuff....maybe I'll go back to my plain black Wraith format ones....

I like a challenge and appreciate the heads up.

Now, where's that ring .....?
W

Ps
You should all watch The Hunt for Gollum...not a bad fan production at all, in fact props to the makers....

grenwood

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is there a place i can download your edits wraith? in fact i cant figure out how to download any edits on this site. i just joined.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is there a place i can download your edits wraith? in fact i cant figure out how to download any edits on this site. i just joined.
And once again, please read the rules. Everything you need to know is there.

And again in headlines, this site does not host edits. Requesting links openly can also get you barred from the site.

Please please read the rules and FAQs....

Top Bottom