• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hobbit Part 2 (Sequel to my Hobbit hybrid)

Hey, Sam, wanted to clarify - the part, where Smaug and Thorin speak superimposed - is that how it looked like in the last Gold clip? I don't think it works too well, because Smaug was in more of a long shot, while Thorin was in close-up. It was also quite stylistically removed from much of the film.

I'd recommend either removing the Smaug superimposition (as Thorin's Smaug-like transformation was already quite overt) or trying instead to make a split-second close-up shot of Smaug as Thorin finishes his speech, in parallel to the Sauron and Smaug eye split-second close-ups.

Oh well, I think this Effect did not work as well as I wanted. Still I believe it is interesting to make emphasys on this detail.

However, I can't change it Now. I completely rendered The Fan Edit some hours ago. The Project is complete 😀. But I believe I Will release it on december.

samspider3 said:
Oh well, I think this Effect did not work as well as I wanted. Still I believe it is interesting to make emphasys on this detail.

However, I can't change it Now. I completely rendered The Fan Edit some hours ago. The Project is complete . But I believe I Will release it on december.

Oh, sorry. I've been so preoccupied lately, I should've mentioned it before you went into picture lock. Congrats with the release!

Thank You very much! Still I appreciate your feedback, and all of You here in general. I feel so happy about this Project being finished. I feel like something inside me is Now complete and satisfied 😀.

This a comparison between both of my Fan Edits during the moment where Bilbo takes the Arkenstone and Thorin discussing with Balin/Bard decided to kill Smaug/Thorin going to rescue Bilbo. This is another thing I took in mind because I did not want the scene where Bilbo takes the Arkenstone was longer than the time passed in the first Hobbit fan edit.

I enjoy The Hobbit Part 1 very much. I am looking forward to seeing The Hobbit part 2.
I love the The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition and I can't wait to see how you reedit this film.

Daniel Palmer said:
I enjoy The Hobbit Part 1 very much. I am looking forward to seeing The Hobbit part 2.
I love the The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition and I can't wait to see how you reedit this film.

Then I believe you won't be disappointed :D . I used as base the regular edition, ya know? but now the Extended Edition came out, I had to add the extended scenes I wanted to not lose all the cuts and changes I already made in the project. The Hobbit Part 2 will give an epic and deserved conclusion to the story :)

samspider3 said:
Then I believe you won't be disappointed :D . I used as base the regular edition, ya know? but now the Extended Edition came out, I had to add the extended scenes I wanted to not lose all the cuts and changes I already made in the project. The Hobbit Part 2 will give an epic and deserved conclusion to the story :)

Awesome! Glad to hear. Perfectly fine using the regular edition and then adding the Extended Scenes you wanted. The extended scenes complete the movie as a whole with more action, scenes that you felt were just plain missing, and of course a proper epilogue. Can't wait to see how you improve this awesome movie! :)

PS The one thing I noticed is the pacing in the Extended Edition is better. The low point part of the battle were the men and dwarves are being over run and Thorin doesn't fight, happens at the right time. Having the missing scenes reinserted in the story that making the battle longer the low point now comes later as it should rather then sooner and abrupt as in the Theatrical version.

I agree with you. In Fact, the Extended Edition has some touching or delicate moments the regular edition lacks. Especially Thorin's Funeral. I admit not everything is actually necessary to the story, but I'm very happy with what they delivered us. I'm sure you might enjoy this more than anyone in the forum :D.

I think I can say this project is FINISHED. Here is this wonderful cover Masirimso17 made for me. Something I have to warn you is that, unlike my other Fan Edits where the weight was at least 2 GB or 3 GB, in order to improve the quality i had to increase the bitrate and now the Fan Edit has a weight of 9 GB splitted in 8 parts of 1 GB. Also, this will be the first time one of my Fan Edits will be shared in 1080p, unlike my other fan edits (720p). I guess the only thing it reamains is to upload the last part to mega and release it. Probably Next week. I suggest you all to use Jdownloader to not interrupt the download because of the big size and to not make the download so painful (for experience, i know how it feels). Thank you all, the interested people, for your attention and your suggestion :D
12294737_442122269323311_2324053922935969440_n.jpg

Bigger file size for 1080p makes sense, but I don't get why you broke it up into 8 parts.

8 parts or 8 rars?

They are 8 rars. It is what I meant, sorry about that xD

Ah cool. That's totally normal to do, sounds good.

Are these two edits available anywhere? I am quite intrigued as they look to do pretty much everything I wanted out of Hobbit edits!

@"Delpheas",  maybe it's been a while since you've been here. Please have a look at the rules. They may have changed since you were here last. Anyway, please don't ask about availability/downloads in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom