• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Hobbit Part 2 (Sequel to my Hobbit hybrid)

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Here is another cut. The idea of the still frame was good and I tried to insert it, but it looks a little bit obvious because of the wind. Instead, I put the shot of Tauriel in "slow motion" with some blurry effect to take out the part where she moves her head. Also, the shots have been re arranged and Tauriel's shot is 4 seconds now. I think now it looks better.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think that's a big improvement. It fully works for me now.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks a lot :D . It fully works for me now too xD.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
Here is another cut. The idea of the still frame was good and I tried to insert it, but it looks a little bit obvious because of the wind. Instead, I put the shot of Tauriel in "slow motion" with some blurry effect to take out the part where she moves her head. Also, the shots have been re arranged and Tauriel's shot is 4 seconds now. I think now it looks better.

Gosh darn it. I loved the video but accidentally pressed dislike post instead of liked. Just wanted to let you know that was a mistake and that I liked the post and video very much.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Much better, wow.
I wonder if it might work better just with the Elf King i.e. cut Legolas - his insert is very abrupt and feels a bit out of place?

^ Lol. I was wondering why on earth somebody would dislike the video! What a tool, I thought - and then I read Masi's post.. :lol:

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gosh darn it. I loved the video but accidentally pressed dislike post instead of liked. Just wanted to let you know that was a mistake and that I liked the post and video very much.

No worries about that xD.

Much better, wow.
I wonder if it might work better just with the Elf King i.e. cut Legolas - his insert is very abrupt and feels a bit out of place?

It is not actually a bad idea. I was just thinking the first shot of Thranduil looks a little bit short and weird. I might have to do some more experiments to see how it works :D . Thanks a lot for your support and feedback. Being one of the biggest intentions of this fan edit, it needed to look (almost) perfect, and it is looking like that thanks to all of you :3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

They say the third one is the best one. Hope it is xD.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
she looks very dead. well done, samspider the third!

hurray, death! i mean, wait, no. . . .

Lolwut0

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a really great edit. I also like the idea of Tauriels death, because it ties in with Thranduils story arc.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Journey2Mistery said:
She's bucking dead now...
I don't know if i have to felt happy or sad...

Well done Sam.

Well, it's up to you to feel sad or happy, it depends on your opinion about the character. But I think we can all agree this character got what she deserved xD.

Thank you very much. Didn't know some more people from Latin America were present in this website.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very well, folks. I can practically say this project is finished. However, I still need to check every cut and change before rendering, but I can finally make a definitive list of changes in this Fan Edit. "-" means a cut and "+" means an addition.

The most important intention in this fan edit is To stablish a continuity with My Hobbit Part 1 cut, which means:
*No Romance between Kili and Tauriel. Completely cut.
*All Alfrid "funny scenes" have been removed. Same with the parts where Alfrid is a douche with everyone. He is just now a loyal servant of Bard. This way I think people might get a better memory of this character.
*Alternative ending with old Bilbo to make it look he is continuing the narration from the first Hobbit.

List of changes:

+Film opens with the ending of Hobbit Part 1, directly connected with the beginning of BOTFA to make emphasys it's the same film, but just splitted in two parts.

-Cut Bard trying to break the bars of his cell with a bucket. Stupid as hell.

+Added scene with Bard running from Smaug from the Extended Edition.

-Cut all the parts where Bard is shooting arrows to Smaug. As I said, it's a nice action sequence, but still, it's kind of silly because Bard knew Smaug could not be harmed unless he had a black arrow. He is losing efforts.

-Cut the part where Tauriel says Smaug's skin is tough and can't be penetrated. We already knew that, it was explained in Hobbit Part 1.

+Added shot of Bain hiding the Black Arrow. This was not shown in the last fan edit Also, the scene was re arranged to make it look like Bain understands he must give the Black Arrow to Bard after he saw him in the Tower, being pushed by Smaug.

-Cut "Battle of the Five Armies" Title Card.

-Cut the scene where Tauriel talks to Kili, and the promise and blah blah. The Scene will look like the dwarves leave the shore and Tauriel and Legolas watch how they get far.

-Cut the part where Alfrid tries to convince people of Lake Town he thought about the children when the Master left, and a child kicks him.

-Cut the bit where Alfrid falls shortly after he stands up. Silly comedy.

+Added scene where Smaug talks to Bilbo about Thorin, saying he is just a tool. Cut the part where Bilbo notices Smaug's weak spot because at this point, it's not important anymore. Then he takes the Arkenstone. The colours were desaturated to make emphasys it's a flashback.

-Cut the part where Alfrid gives the lot of wood to a woman. Being douchey again, ugh...

*Changed subtitles when Legolas is talking to Tauriel about coming back to Mirkwood. Instead of saying "Yes, he is my father...but he does not command my heart" he will say "but he does not command my WILL" to take out every suggestion Legolas feels something for Tauriel. Also, I read this is the correct translation, so more in favour. Nothing was cut at this point, just a little bit of zoom to write the new subtitles.

+Added scene where Gandalf is Interrogated by one of the orcs about the rings from the Extended Edition. To give some context, I added the scene where Gandalf talks to Thorin about Thrain's Ring in DOS Extended Edition, followed by the sequence where Azog takes the ring from Thrain. Then we cut to the rest of the scene.

-Cut the line "If you try to stop me, I will destroy you". Sounds kind of silly. Nothing more from the battle in Dol Guldur in the Extended Edition was used.

+Added scene where Radagast gives his staff to Gandalf, but cut the part where he says the staff has some "glitches" (as i say). Theme of Radagast the Brown was used partially to fill the music that lacks in the cut.

-Not used the shot of the thousand of Elves when they arrive in the Extended Edition.

-Cut the line where Bilbo says he promised the people of Lake Town he would share the gold of Erebor too. This doesn't happen either in the Theathrical Cut or my Hobbit Part 1 cut. The scene was re arranged for this reason.

*While Thorin says in slow motion he will not share the gold of Erebor, we see with some transparency a shot of Smaug carefully positioned to make it look like lip sync between Thorin and the shot. This is to make more emphasys Thorin is using exactly the same words Smaug used when talking to Bilbo.

+Added scene where Bilbo leaves Erebor by night and is discovered by Bofur, who imagines his intentions and leaves him go from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the bit where Alfrid scorts Bilbo with rudeness to his bed.

+Added the scene where Thorin has some more conversation with Bard and Thranduil about what to do with the Arkenstone from the Extended Edition.

+Added the Battle between dwarves and Elves before Azog's armies arrive from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the bit where Alfrid tries to escape from the battle. Now it will look like he actually was fighting with the people of Lake Town.

+Added scene where Dain Ironfoot and Thranduil fight together from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the bit where Alfrid gives Bain the sword Bard gave him.

-Cut the part where Alfrid runs like a coward to the great hall.

-Cut part of the montage of the massacre happening in Dale. This was made to fit better an...

+Added Deleted scene where Bilbo plants his acorn in Dale, giving hope to Gandalf and Bard.

*Replaced shot of the Dwarves fighting the armies from the Extended Edition.

+Added scene where the other Dwarves fight from the Extended Edition. This scene let those characters shine at their best, something we could not see in the last Fan Edit.

-Cut the part where Alfrid disguises himself as a woman to not fight and gets away with the gold.

+Added scene where people of Lake Town and that old woman come out to attack the Orcs and lead the group from the Extended Edition. This scene lets the audience experience about the courage of the people of Lake town.

+Added charriot scene from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the scene where Alfrid is escaping the battle dressed as woman and talking to Bard. Because my version of Alfrid is a "redeemed" one, the scene where he dies is not shown. Also, we don't see Gandalf having troubles with his staff. That's why I cut Radagast's line earlier.

-Cut the scene where Tauriel and Thranduil talk about love and stuff. Then appears Legolas to support Tauriel.

+Added Deleted scene where Gandalf convinces Thranduil his son is way more important than his wife's white gem.

+Added scene where the Dwarves are fighting a little bit more and Bifur finally gets his axe off his head from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the bit where Tauriel looks at Kili and goes to Ravenhill to help him. Tauriel by this point is more motivated for fighting evil.

+Added scene where Legolas beheads a lot of orcs upside down from the Extended Edition. Not a single problem with this. If we see Legolas surfing with a shield in LOTR, I can't see why he can't do this too xD. The scene was re arranged to fit the edit.

-Cut all the bits where Tauriel is calling Kili.

-Kili's Death was recut to not make it seem so dramatic to Tauriel's eyes. No romance, remember. Also, cut the shots where Tauriel begins to cry. It will look just painful because one of his allies died.

-Cut the part where Tauriel groans after she falls to make it look like she died.

-Cut the part where Legolas tries to get some more arrows. The scene was remade to make it look Legolas enrages by the Fact Tauriel Died and Bolg is still alive.

-Cut the part where Legolas jumps blocks a la Mario Bros. This was a little bit too silly for me xD. Legolas Kills Bolg shortly after giving Orchrist to Thorin. Nothing from the extended battle with Bolg was used.

+ Added shot where Legolas kills Bolg a little bit longer from the Extended Edition. Bones are heard cracking.

*The Battle with Azog was re arranged to be shown completely. No intercuts with Bolg and Legolas because he died.

+ Added shots of Beorn fighting from the Extended Edition.

-Cut the scenes where Tauriel cries for Kili and instead replaced with a different scene I made to make it look like Tauriel died and Legolas and Thranduil feel very bad for her. Some bits of music were used to fill the scene.

+Added Thorin's Funeral from The Extended Edition. The speech Gandalf says was restored.

-Cut the parts where Gandalf reveals he knew about Bilbo's Ring all time and Bilbo saying him to not worry about the ring because it was lost.

+Gandalf's Speech about why he chose Bilbo Baggins from AUJ was used during this scene to give the farewell some emotional meaning.

-Cut the part where Bilbo discovers the ring is in his pocket after he arrives home.

+Added scene where old Bilbo narrates his story and Frodo appears from An Unexpected Journey. Some shots of The Fellowship of the Ring were used.

+Added scene where Lord Elrond says to Bilbo he can stay in Rivendel whenever he wants, after Bilbo almost reveals to Frodo his intention is to leave the Shire to join the elves. This is used as a Flashback.

-Cut all the narration Bilbo says about getting late, he was respectable and blah blah.

+Added scene where Bilbo continues to write his book from The Fellowship of the Ring, after Frodo leaves to meet Gandalf. Then Bilbo makes sure nobody is home and prepares some of the stuff for his journey. Then he feels something is not right, he is searching for something. But then he breathes: It's the ring, and it was in his pocket.

+Added shot of Gandalf entering Bag End, but without revealing it's him, followed by Old Bilbo sitting in a chair, seeing his ring. Then someone knocks and Bilbo opens the door. For surprise of all, It's Gandalf. The movie ends.

*My name in the "Edited by" section of the credits.

Total Length: 2 hours and 42 minutes, 2 hours and 29 minutes without the credits.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Here is some good trailer for The Hobbit Part 1 and 2. Remember that if you feel interested in watching this fan edit, you must have watched The Hobbit Part 1 first :)

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

This is one of the most important scenes from the movie and it's not visible in the Extended Edition. I restored it to this point cause i felt it would be appropiate :). However, I can't do anything more for the quality of this scene. Sorry about that.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a beautiful scene, well worth rescuing!
Maybe don't show Bard saying fall back? Go to Thranduil and then to Bard's voice over. It just looked a little odd that he was right in the action and then seconds later not.
Other than that I think everything works surprisingly well. The power of the scene carries it.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
It's a beautiful scene, well worth rescuing!
Maybe don't show Bard saying fall back? Go to Thranduil and then to Bard's voice over. It just looked a little odd that he was right in the action and then seconds later not.
Other than that I think everything works surprisingly well. The power of the scene carries it.

I could maybe replace that part with a shot of Gandalf fighting, which I removed to add the acorn scene. I think it might look better :D

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In an interesting interview I saw about Battle of the Five Armies, one of the things they talk about is Legolas Mother. Although we never see how she looks like, she has some importance in Thranduil's motivation and the story itself. The producers and writers discussed Thranduil built a statue of his wife in the Elven Gate because he loved her so much, and because there was no grave, he did this for her. This is not explained in the movie per se, so here I show you a shot of Legolas Mother Statue from Desolation of Smaug and included during the scene where Legolas talks about how his mother died in Gundabad. I believe it adds an emotional touch to the moment.

Because of the importance of Thranduil's Wife, a deleted scene in this Fan edit was restored where we discover the White Gems were actually made for Thranduil's Wife, and he fought for those gems because that token was the only thing he had from his wife, but in the process, Thranduil began to value more those gems than his own son. The deleted scene shows Gandalf giving a brief speech to Thranduil about that. It's short, but gives such an emotional depth to the character. Makes the audience understand Thranduil was not fighting for greed, but for love.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't know that statue was Thranduil's wife/Legolas' mother.

Top Bottom