• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hateful 8: The Roadshow Reconstruction Ex Q.T.V.O.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IN April 2019 Netflix made available an extended version of the director’s “The Hateful Eight”.

The movie was presented as a miniseries with four episodes each running approximately 50 minutes.

I have used this as the basis for reconstructing The Unavailable Roadshow version of the movie and included my adjustments removing the QT Voiceover flashback and the scoring change I made at the end. The same tweaks I made to the Ex Q.T.V.O Theatrical version Edit are identical here. I have also reinstated the original Chapters from the Theatrical and Roadshow versions rather than adhering to the 4 chapter mini series structure.

The four episodes of the series were titled “Last Stage to Red Rock” (50 minutes), “Minnie’s Haberdashery” (51 minutes), “Domergue’s Got A Secret” (53 minutes), and “The Last Chapter” (56 minutes). The first three episodes match up to corresponding chapter titles in Tarantino’s theatrical cut. The film’s second chapter, “Son of a Gun,” has been absorbed into the extended cut’s first episode. The “Last Chapter” episode encompasses the final two film chapters: “The Four Passengers” and “Black Man, White Hell.”

Tarantino’s theatrical cut ran 168 minutes, The Roadshow Version ran 187 Minutes while the four episodes of the extended cut make up 210 minutes (but that includes 4 sets of opening and end credits). If you remove those, you have the Roadshow effectively.

This version runs 191 minutes and for now is the longest version you can watch (that's the overture adding 4 mins).

I will not make available The unaltered roadshow version since I believe the flashback to be a serious flaw in tone and pacing.

Hope y’all enjoy this…and for the geeks, I have added those tiny markers in the lower right to indicate extra material compared to the Theatrical version.

Dropping in October…

Its been a while since I saw the roadshow, and I haven't seen the Netflix entry yet. What exactly is the unaltered flashback scene you're talking about? Was that in the roadshow?

In the original, there is the VO of QT narrating the coffee pot issue.

I have not made a roadshow version leaving that in.

This edit has had the edit flags removed and a flashframe spotted by @Adabisi removed....Thanks for flagging it.

The location is unchanged and the designation is v3.01a so previous information will give you access.
Thanks
W

Last edited:
I am currently rendering V4, which removes the second QT VO which I inadvertantly left in and for which I whole heartedly apologise.

Once loaded, I will note it here and you will able to use the previous information DM'd to you to obtain the update.
The Theatrical and clean Extended versions will also be revised.
Took a while to get to this, since I couldnt face another full audio rebuild, but it is DONE and rendering.

Thanking you all for your forebearance and to those that flagged this to me in their review....you see, we do read them AND they DO make a difference.

W

The offending second VO from QT removed...finally
SPOILER
ONLY VIEW IF YOU KNOW THIS SCENE

Last edited:
I was not aware that Netflix had done this! Could I grab a link please to your project?

The new version has replaced the original edit and can be obtained from the same folder as previously detailed.
RT 3hr, 11 min 43 secs

Last edited:
Its been a while since I saw the roadshow, and I haven't seen the Netflix entry yet. What exactly is the unaltered flashback scene you're talking about? Was that in the roadshow?
What was it like to actually see the roadshow?
I heard it was on 70m?

Back
Top Bottom