• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Happy and Gay Thread for being Happy and Gay

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This week saw not one, but two animated same-sex pairings come to fruition

Harley and Ivy kissed for the first time over on Harley Quinn, and in the series finale of She-Ra, Adora ended up with her frenemy Catra.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harley and Ivy's kiss got such a big gay squeal from me. It was just as awkward as I was hoping it would be :p

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh, I'm still on Season 1 of Harley Quinn. I need to catch up. Wait, does this mean that things don't work out with Kite Man and Ivy? I'm really behind...

I should probably check out She-Ra too, it looks awesome.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Ugh, I'm still on Season 1 of Harley Quinn. I need to catch up. Wait, does this mean that things don't work out with Kite Man and Ivy? I'm really behind...

Not necessarily. Harley and Ivy are in a polyamorous relationship in the comics, I imagine they'll explore it here too.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Not necessarily. Harley and Ivy are in a polyamorous relationship in the comics, I imagine they'll explore it here too.

Perfect!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night I finished watching Sasameki Koto, an anime about lesbians.
I'm nonbinary and pan, but I find myself connecting the most to lesbian representation in media.
I found Sasameki Koto while trying to find a good wholesome lesbian romance anime. This series was alright for the most part, but it had a lot of moments that bothered me, and it didn't have a proper resolution, it just sorta ended. Nothing sad, nothing especially happy, the final episode was just a typical episode, it wasn't really an ending, which was annoying. I guess it was especially annoying because the show wasn't especially good, and I was hoping that the ending would make up for it. Anyways, I don't recommend.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Harley and Ivy are in a polyamorous relationship in the comics

They were, but Ivy and Harley recently broke up in the comics because DC had plans to go with a more villainous Ivy

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
They were, but Ivy and Harley recently broke up in the comics because DC had plans to go with a more villainous Ivy

That's a shame. Moreso for Ivy's character than their relationship. I dunno, I never really got the villainous vibe from ivy and don't know how they'd pull off making her explicitly evil :(

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Zarius said:

That's a shame. Moreso for Ivy's character than their relationship. I dunno, I never really got the villainous vibe from ivy and don't know how they'd pull off making her explicitly evil :(

If it's anything like her OOC and OTT behaviour in the recent Batman: Gotham Knights issue I read, I don't want to see what they do in the main line stuff with her. She was willing to kill children in that issue.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
If it's anything like her OOC and OTT behaviour in the recent Batman: Gotham Knights issue I read, I don't want to see what they do in the main line stuff with her. She was willing to kill children in that issue.

Yeahhh miss me with that shit. I'll take the morally ambiguous environmental activist over an evil villain with a plant gimmick any day.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh hey, happy pride month. I keep forgetting with so many other things going on.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
0707201220.jpg

I got this non binary flag Hatsune Miku button from the artist MelobuniiP on Twitter.
There's nothing gay in the homosexual/homoromantic sense about it, but there's no "The Happy and TransThread for being Happy and Trans, so, yeah. I thought I'd share it here.
But yeah, I'm excited to wear it.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished binge-watching She-Ra and OH MY BISEXUAL LITTLE HEART CAN'T TAKE IT

this show is so good I can't even communicate it into words, I have so many feelings going through me right now

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished reading a manga that was recommended to me called Bloom Into You (or Yagate Kimi ni Naru). It's a lesbian romance story and I really enjoyed it.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's kinda interesting how my attitude towards the LGBTQ community/culture has evolved in the past decade. Ten years ago, I never would've identified as an ally or as LGBTQ myself. But in the past five years, my affinity for queer culture's grown, and I've grown comfortable with my heteroflexibility/possible gender fluidity.

I only wish my family wasn't so homo/transphobic. I want to wear makeup and skirts, but that would definitely open a can of worms I'm not equipped to deal with.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I don't identify as anything other than heterosexual myself, technically I am part of the movement. My girlfriend is bisexual and also has a girlfriend. None of us wanted to be involved in a poly or open relationship, so we decided to instead just be one happy family, a throuple if you will. That we all 3 of us feel equal and me and her girlfriend don't feel like we are less important than the other at any time. I hang out with my girlfriend alone, and she hangs out with hers alone, but we also all three spend time together as a family. Some day me and the other girl plan to hang out alone just to be a bit more bonded. Me and her girlfriend aren't romantic at this point, but we are very good friends and we do enjoy each others company and care for each other quite a bit. In the future we plan on all of us getting a house together.

So basically I'm straight but still a part of a queer family. And it may sound weird and maybe it is, but we are all very happy with it and each other.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy International Trans Day of Visibility. You all owe me presents, I think that's how this holiday works, right?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always identified as heterosexual but hate to be left out. My dog is my best friend and companion. Can I be a part of this thread?

Top Bottom