• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Happy and Gay Thread for being Happy and Gay

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, yeah, I looked it up, Etheria is a different planet, not a different universe.
I haven't really watched She Ra, all I know is from the crossovers with He-Man. Iirc, they travel between the planets through portals or something like that rather than traditional space travel, thus my confusion. I don't know a ton of the lore.

But in any case, I love the world of He-Man. Which comics or other media is suggested for a somewhat serious experience unlike the first cartoon?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've heard good thinks about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, but not actually watched it myself yet

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you'll both really like the Netflix She-Ra. To stay on topic, it makes me happy, happier than I expected before watching considering I'm a man in my thirties. I've watched two seasons I think. It's very charming, witty, inclusive, fun, ok for all ages (not directed exclusively at small children), and the theme song/title animation gets me pumped. Worth checking out the first episode to see how you feel about it. And episode length is short so not a huge investment.

Same team that made Voltron I think, at least the animation style looks very similar. Note: in the episodes I've seen, He-man is not mentioned. So don't go in looking for him.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Briefly related to He-Man at one point.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently discovered this delightful song/video, seems appropriate for this thread:

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I found an abandoned pride flag. No idea how it ended up where it did, but finders’ keepers. Dunno what I’ll do with it because it’s not like i can display it here at home but it’s nice to have.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
So I found an abandoned pride flag. No idea how it ended up where it did, but finders’ keepers. Dunno what I’ll do with it because it’s not like i can display it here at home but it’s nice to have.

Silly little moments of sychronicity like that are what helped raise me out of the mire of nihilism.

And since I'm here, I may as well confess I'm a bit gay for the young John Saxon. The young Peter Murphy, too.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
rysSjhy.jpg

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just tell your parents it's spaghetti and you're saving it for later, they'll never know the difference

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not entirely pertinent to this thread, but lately I've started to wonder if I'm non-binary. If I am, I'm cool with that.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beyond considering myself nonbinary, I think I've come to terms that I'm more specifically agender.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought my first dress this past weekend, I'll probably wear it tomorrow and it will be epic.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMG_20200305_075333.jpg

I only thought to take one picture. Ignore the unbrushed hair, I have since amended that.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love allowed me to evolve beyond the rabid homo/transphobia I espoused as a teenager/young adult. I can now look upon men who love men, women who love women, women in the bodies of men, men in the bodies of women, and every permutation in between and beyond, and see them as children of God equal to any hetero cisman/ciswoman.

uohT4ouSf3uVuEfDNF3T7nux5bw=.gif

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone here seen Black Sails? I think it might be the single most bisexual show in existence. At least 5 of the main characters are bi and two of those are polyamorous as well. Also pirates.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Has anyone here seen Black Sails? I think it might be the single most bisexual show in existence. At least 5 of the main characters are bi and two of those are polyamorous as well. Also pirates.

Sounds amazing, I like Pirates

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Lesbian Visibility Day, to any lesbians on the forum.

Top Bottom