• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

"The Hanging Tree" a Hunger Games: Mockingjay edit

Will definitely have to check this out, and express my thoughts.  I still intend to do a trilogy edit of the 4 hunger games movies (though not a strict HG-CF-MJ purist structure), of which I'll probably start back to work on this summer, so I'm interested to see how you've managed to cut down Mockingjay.

I honestly haven't had the time to figure out what I want to do with Mockinjay pt 1 and 2, unlike me being pretty set in my ideas for the first two films.

Your cut list certainly looks promising.

Can't wait to watch it. High hopes after your Matrix edit, and there's much better material to work with on this one.

henzINNIT said:
Can't wait to watch it. Downloading now, though I can't get the largest size to work (says it's corrupt?)

PM the editor or the people from wherever you downloaded. Do not discuss downloads in the forum.

Finally a watchable version of these movies. Not the fanedits, just a movie in general. Hollywood should takes some cues from the faneditors. Thanks for this title and for your work

gilhodges said:
Finally a watchable version of these movies. Not the fanedits, just a movie in general. Hollywood should takes some cues from the faneditors. Thanks for this title and for your work

Your welcome and thanks for watching. Feel free to leave a formal review on the IFDB if you have the time.

I have been trying and I don't see any "button" to click to leave one  there.....am I blind or just don't quite understand how the new site works?

gilhodges said:
I have been trying and I don't see any "button" to click to leave one  there.....am I blind or just don't quite understand how the new site works?

If you're not logged in on IFDB trying logging out of the forum and then log back in and then go to IFDB. You should logged in. If not you need to "reset" your password. Go to your UserCP and enter a password (same one is fine) and that should fix the problem. You'll only need to do this once. This needs to be done to get your password in the IFDB database of its not there already.

thanks...heard too much bad stuff about the 2-part ending to actuall watch the dvds lol
looking forward to checking this out :)

thanks for all the hard work jerick! really loved this edit!

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Wait, why did you take out the entirety of the taking of district 2? That's a huge turning point in the war. I could understand taking out half the bombing of 13 and the entire rescue mission (as it wasn't in the book), but you just completely removed district 2! I don't think I'm enjoying this as much as I was before. :s [/font]
[/font]

Wait, why did you take out the entirety of the taking of district 2? That's a huge turning point in the war. I could understand taking out half the bombing of 13 and the entire rescue mission (as it wasn't in the book), but you just completely removed district 2! I don't think I'm enjoying this as much as I was before.

croookshanks said:
Wait, why did you take out the entirety of the taking of district 2? That's a huge turning point in the war. I could understand taking out half the bombing of 13 and the entire rescue mission (as it wasn't in the book), but you just completely removed district 2! I don't think I'm enjoying this as much as I was before.

This is your third post in a row in this thread. Stop double posting or your posts will be deleted. You can edit your previous post easily.

croookshanks said:
[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Wait, why did you take out the entirety of the taking of district 2? That's a huge turning point in the war. I could understand taking out half the bombing of 13 and the entire rescue mission (as it wasn't in the book), but you just completely removed district 2! I don't think I'm enjoying this as much as I was before. :s [/font]
[/font]

I never enjoyed the books enough to read them, they were always a bit juvenile for me, so I admit that this isn't a book edit. I do believe however that this is the best presentation of these two movies as a single narrative.

I'd be happy to discuss with you what you thought was lacking in the movie due to the complete removal of District 2. My arguments for removing the scenes are these:

The largest impact of the District 2 scenes on the film is the injury to Katniss at the hands of a Capitol fanatic and the resulting emboldening of the rebels as a result. The exact same description can be given to what happens when Peeta attacks Katniss after being brainwashed by the Capitol, so it works as a very simple replacement.

The other important exposition that happens during this sequence is the revelation that the District 13 army will do whatever it takes, however unethical, to bring down the Capitol. While this is an interesting development in the movie, I think it is much more powerful to leave this revelation to the very end so that at first you really question whether Coin bombed the Capitol children.

You say that District 2 is an important turning point in the war, and maybe it is in the book I honestly can't say, but it does not play out that way in the movies. There are no scenes in the movies that follow the district rebels and how their motivations develop, the movies focus almost entirely on how they respond to the propaganda that is being released about Katniss. Therefore her survival of the bullet wound and subsequent actions are no more powerful in the movie than her survival of the attack by Peeta.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts especially after watching it a second time taking the edit under its own merits and not with expectations of the scenes you remember from the books.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

All Jerick edits are once again listed on 'info' send me a PM if you need more help on acquiring one.

Hey, thank you for all your hard work.

Would it be possible to get subtitles for your fanedit? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom