• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Handmaiden - U.S. Bluray Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So Park Chan-wook's The Handmaiden has hit home media a few days ago in North America. But, for such a beautiful and interesting piece of film, Amazon and their sometimes home media partner Sony Pictures has decided not to release the film on Bluray and the DVD is barebones and only has the film on disc. Being someone has seen the film in its full silver screen glory during a film festival here in New York, I feel that Handmaiden deserves better treatment. As far as it known, there are no plans to create a U.S. Bluray release, which is very disappointing to say the least. 

I guess the reason why I have post this thread up is because I am wondering would it be against the rules if a custom disc was created to present a sort of "U.S. Release"? I sort of have a plan to do so using the Mongrel Pictures BD of the film (which I have just ordered from Amazon.ca), extracting the English and Spanish subtitles from the DVD and the French subtitles from Mongrel Pictures BD, presenting interviews related to the film from Youtube as Special Features since neither releases have Special Features on disc.

If it can be done in accordance with the rules, my only other problem is that France will have a BD release that will include the Extended Edition releasing in March, and I'm wondering if I should possibly wait until that release surfaces and source the Extended Cut from the disc and present it in this "U.S. Release" as well.

Input would be much appreciated.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom