• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Great Outdoors - Suck My Wake Edition

robulon

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the slighter offerings from the Hughes/Candy stable of films but a really fun time none the less.

Upon rewatching it recently I felt the subplot involving the eldest son’s summertime fling just slowed the pacing of the film whenever it appeared. There was no great comedy value to their scenes and the romance didn’t add to the central themes of parental rivalry.

So this is a simple edit to remove those scenes and keep the film focused on Chet & Roman’s relationship.

full

- Added FE.org logo at the start.

- Added custom Title Card and Fan Editor Credit.

- Cut Chet's sons' over the top hand on head reaction to seeing the Twins for the first time.

- Cut a short sequence where Chet loses control of the "Suck My Wake" jet-boat as I didn't think the comedy payoff was enough.

- Cut all scenes with the Buck and Cammie subplot. Re-positioned some of the talking racoon vignettes to better separate scenes that would now be back to back.

- Cut 1 plot point where Roman reveals he made up the story about Chet drunkenly bad mouthing him to their Father In Law, just so he could use it as emotional blackmail. This made Roman more unredeemable as a character going into the third act where we need to root for him. And personally I do believe this is what Chet really thinks of him. So it plays better for both characters if its a real grievance that Roman has been carrying all these years.

Top Bottom