• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

the good tools --> for DVD authoring

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so, what is really good to create DVD menus?

DVD LAB PRO: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-lab_PRO ($250)
a great authoring tool that can do it all: still and animated menus of all kinds, chapter menus, subtitles, languages, transitions between menus, seamless branching, etc.
Expensive but great.

Sony DVD architect ($40): http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Architect
another great authoring tool that can do about all of it: animated and still menus, multiple audio and subitles, transitions, etc
Affordable. Probably the best you can buy for the price.

freeware:
DVD author: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/dvdauthor
with DVD author GUI http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDAuthorgui
or GUI for DVDauthor: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/GUI_for_dvdauthor
once you get used to it, you can do a lot of sweet things with this freeware tool. Unfortunately it will never reach the quality of the upper 2.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use Sony DVD Archhitect 4, and I really love it. I used to use Ulead DVD Workshop which was so limited, now I can do whatever I want, and being able to design menus and overlays in Adobe Photoshop and directly import the .PSD files is huge for me.

Another thing to consider is if you buy any Vegas package (the basic or pro) it comes with DVD Architect. I think you can get the basic combo for around $50, which is really a bargain.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i can chime in on dvdauthor and GUI apps for linux. these are NOT good quality. i've made a few menus and they ALWAYS turn out a bit disappointing.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is DVDFlick any good? i'm just looking to make a dvd of a couple of fanedits using the avi's. Not really looking into having a stylistic menu or anything. Just something very very simple.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
is DVDFlick any good? i'm just looking to make a dvd of a couple of fanedits using the avi's. Not really looking into having a stylistic menu or anything. Just something very very simple.
I used to use it quite regularly, but have not touched it in years. The quality was reasonable considering, and if there is no DVD of the edit available - which I assume is the case - and you have no DivX player, you will probably find DVD Flick serves your purpose adequately.

EDIT: I am not sure that this is what the thread is meant to be about though....

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use Encore. I get the whole adobe suite free through my school. I also have an older version I picked up and it was only around $100. It makes dvd authoring a snap once you figure out the interface which only took me a day or two to learn on my own through Youtube videos. If you have a .edu email address you should definitely look into getting a student package of Adobe CC.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I use Sony DVD Archhitect 4

Six-years-younger Throw was a bit of a dummy. :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
adobe_suit___os_tan_14_by_fabiikawaii-d489c6h.jpg

Daniel Palmer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:

Hi steelio2006,
DVDFlick is a great program. I have used it to make many DVDs. It is simple to use.
As long as you are not using big HD files.
I suggest when using DVDFlick to go though all the menu pages example: sound, video, subtitles, and make sure that all to your liking.
You can choose to not have a DVD menu. But personally I seem to enjoy DVDs without a menu because the movie will play immediately.
If you have any problems using his program feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to help you out.

However Those looking for a modern and much better program. This is the program I use. I used to use DVD Flick but now I use Power Director.
One of the best Blu-ray and DVD authoring programs is Power Director Editor Program. Power Director allows you to burn Blu-ray and DVD very easily.
It has easy Editing a menu, and you can see the size of the video and if it will fit on the Disc.
Of course Power Director used to be purchasable. Now it is on a mouthy pay system. But still worth it as a great Blu-ray and DVD authoring program.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That post was from nearly 9 years ago, from a member who hasn't visited since last July.

Daniel Palmer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
That post was from nearly 9 years ago, from a member who hasn't visited since last July.

Good Point,Thank you for the notice.
It was a post I wanted to respond to for about a year. 
But also I figured that this was information I wanted to share too.

nuky92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does DVD lab pro work can do Blu-ray and 4k UHD blu-ray or just DVD?

Top Bottom