• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Trilogy: Extended Editions in HD by hal_over_9000

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hal_over_9000 said:
I'm still exploring the possibilty of using the new footage to create new versions of these edits because i actually learned there are a few small bits (under a minute) of content that HBO didn't include but is in the AMC version. Also i'd like to rework my part 2 edit with this footage because its still unique in its non chronological narrative.

Insert Italian expletive here, lol.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hal_over_9000 said:
I think your mistaking me for someone else, i haven't done any star wars work.

[MENTION=32678]hal_over_9000[/MENTION], not to be confused with Hal9000. Y'all confuse me sometimes too.

xn1hx.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really hate TV's 9000 Frinks. That guy is lame.

Mr.Dehshat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Maybe. They did just air it, but they also like money, so it might be soon. I have no inside information though.
We're talking about the complete/longest 583 minute version, right?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm talking about the HBO release. I don't know minutes.

hal_over_9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr.Dehshat said:
We're talking about the complete/longest 583 minute version, right?

The 583 minute version includes part 3, which is pointless because there is no extended scenes in part 3. If hbo were to release it on blu ray, it probably would be only part 1 and 2

Mr.Dehshat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK. Can anyone please direct me as to where i can download the current best quality available, longest version, chronological order Video/movie.(with part 3 if possible)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr.Dehshat said:
OK. Can anyone please direct me as to where i can download the current best quality available, longest version, chronological order Video/movie.(with part 3 if possible)

This is not the place to ask about edit availability, and its definitely not the place to ask about illegally downloading films. You were told where the HBO version is, it's on HBO.

If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the righ​t foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

SkywalkerFan01

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would you ever consider editing the Part II parts into the order the filmmakers intended it to be seen (not chronologically) using the HBO capture?

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is the HBO release just a better version of the Saga/Novel for Television split into episodes like the AMC version, or is this a new one sitting/no breaks whatsoever deal? I can't find the definitive answer to this anywhere.

If it's the latter, I'd welcome a custom version that just splits them back into episodes and bookends them with the credit sequences from the AMC version.

hal_over_9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE GODFATHER EXTENDED EDITIONS V2

[video=youtube_share;Z2747Osjmmk]

I said i was done with these fanedits, but just when i thought i was out, they pulled me back in!

Changes:

No time differences, but huge quality difference. I took all the deleted scenes from the hbo broadcast, and the few scenes that weren't included in HBO but were on AMC (example can be seen in the trailer, the compound shot) and one single scene from the NBC broadcast that wasn't included in either AMC or HBO to create a complete version of the two films with all deleted scenes now in full hd, previously a couple of deleted scenes were sourced from NBC because they were not restored along with the other scenes in the amc broadcast. Now we have all the scenes in hd, without any logos. Both films have their own opening and closing credits and are presented non-chronologically as they were intended.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad you are back into this.
Looking forward - to whenever it gets released.

hal_over_9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr.Dehshat said:

There is no real extended footage for part III so there is no real point in downloading a version with part III included, if you want chronological, watch HBO then theatrical part 3.My edits are currently the only version of the movies with all footage included in highest possible quality.

SkywalkerFan01 said:
Would you ever consider editing the Part II parts into the order the filmmakers intended it to be seen (not chronologically) using the HBO capture?

I have now done this in v2 of the extended editions.

theslime said:
Is the HBO release just a better version of the Saga/Novel for Television split into episodes like the AMC version, or is this a new one sitting/no breaks whatsoever deal? I can't find the definitive answer to this anywhere.

If it's the latter, I'd welcome a custom version that just splits them back into episodes and bookends them with the credit sequences from the AMC version.

HBO is by far the best version of any chronological version available. It has almost every single deleted scene. AMC has a couple of small snippets that HBO doesn't which is why i created this edit to include the best of both. HBO has no breaks because it doesn't have commercials so i guess you could call it one sitting deal.

I didn't put them back into episodes but i did put them back into the normal films like they were intended.

Vultural said:
Glad you are back into this.
Looking forward - to whenever it gets released.

Thanks, the films are actually already finished being worked on and have been released.

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool glad to see you have done this I look forward to them both when you are done.

stretch009

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lotrjjw said:
Cool glad to see you have done this I look forward to them both when you are done.

Ummmm..... Again, he just said they are done. PM him for them like I just did.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad to hear about the updated version. I'd been meaning to check these out and now I've even more reason to do so.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Especially when there isn't a single thing in the post to indicate it...

Anyway, move along.

Top Bottom