• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Trilogy: Extended Editions in HD by hal_over_9000

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal, having only watched the theatrical cuts would you recommend I jump into these edits or check out the HBO cuts first?

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok but he didnt make it clear he had actually added the new scenes in completely yet, more like it was just a plan but if he is done I will do as you say and PM him.

hal_over_9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Hal, having only watched the theatrical cuts would you recommend I jump into these edits or check out the HBO cuts first?

I would recommend mine because they retain the format they were intended to be released in. I consider Part II to be a singular film with two separate storylines that parallel each other and don't work as much when put into a linear story.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Godfather Part II Extended Edition is now approved!

Cheers, Hal.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HalOver9000, congratulations!

I will head after this straightaway.

'Bout time.

hal_over_9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
The Godfather Part II Extended Edition is now approved!

Cheers, Hal.

53a0c553acbf3_-_godfather.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to 'Extended Editions'. Salute.

PunishBat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there another place I can download both films this because the link on fanedit.info is not working

John Smith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not counting part iii, do these extended editions contain every deleted scene included in moderknife's chronological epic?

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the chronological Godfather Trilogy by moderknife is a true epic edit!! but i have to say this is a very intriguing edit, i must have to see this when i have time, perhaps on Christmas! ill make sure to leave the gun and  bring the cannoli!

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i never got to see the HBO hd version
heard its longer and better.

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished the Godfather trilogy again on AMC last night, never gets old!!! Don't care how times i see The Godfather, seems like it just keeps getting better each time!

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you so much for the permission to view your extended editions of the Godfather 1 & II, hands down the most gangster films of all time. a lot of people i talk to when bragging on the Godfather is, there is too much talking, not enough violence, etc, etc, i think some people just dont know great cinema when they see it. These were great extended versions, i wish each film was a whopping 4-5 hour film, i could never get tired of it. I was curious, did you read the books by Mario Puzo for any inspiration, or did you just use what the films provided for a story line? Also, the list of added material, was anything on that list in the AMC edition, or did you dig up the material on your own? i own the Trilogy on bluRay, but i cant recall any of that material being on there, either way, 2 Thumbs up for you on this one, well the sequel as well man! My favorite gangster films of all time,especially part II. I just want to say thank you again for the pleasure to get to view these amazing edits!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Literally, just watched Part 1 (theatrical) this evening. Will have to check out the extended sometime.

luther123

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is Godfather, The: Chronological Trilogy by HAL9000 is similar with these extended by Hal_over_9000?

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Godfather I & II are too epic!!!!! this deserves some serious viewing, especially if you are one of the rare ones who have never seen any Godfather, thats a shame! Godfather II seriously the best sequel made!

John Smith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Were The Godfather Extended Editions Parts I&II removed from the IFDB?

I can't find it there anymore.

Top Bottom