- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
In celebration, the legendary movie will be getting a rerelease in theaters, as well as a brand-new 4K Ultra HD release featuring all three films.
Along with the new restorations, the rerelease contains a ton of new bonus content, as well as some legacy content that makes its way back to the release.
- Paramount Pictures archivists detail the incredible restoration process with archival footage showing the evolution of the film through various home entertainment incarnations as picture and audio technologies make quantum leaps over the decades.
Earlier today, Paramount released a new trailer for the 50th anniversary of The Godfather along [...]
@Wraith what do you think?
- Over 300 cartons of film were scrutinized to find the best possible resolution for every frame of all three films.
- Over 4,000 hours were spent repairing film stains, tears, and other anomalies in the negatives.
- Over 1,000 hours were spent on rigorous color correction to ensure the high dynamic range tools were respectful of the original vision of Coppola and cinematographer Gordon Willis.
- In addition to the 5.1 audio approved by Walter Murch in 2007, the original mono tracks on he Godfather and The Godfather: Part II have been restored.