• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Chronological Epic 1901-1980

Eggslap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, I am really enjoying the first two disks of this Edit as is my Father who is a long-time fan of the franchise, however I am stuck on disk 3 (Disk 3 Part 02 to be exact) as rapidshare seems to have dropped just that one piece in the entire series. I was hoping someone here would be kind enough to point me to another source or, if possible, upload that one section.

Kind regards

Eggslap

P.S. I'm really sorry that this has to be my first post here as there are so many better things to mull over than one missing rapidshare file. :)

Eggslap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry folks me again, I couldn’t find in the rule if double posting is ok or if I should have edited my last post, by all means prod me in the right direction if I have strayed.

Anyway, Thanks Modernknife for your PM, I would have done this in kind except as a total newbie I can only PM Admins.
So back to the original point, the link that I already have, the link you sent me,

LINK DELETED
direct links are NEVER allowed on the forum. Please review the rules of the site. Please read: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?2035-How-to-mention-availability-A-must-read!

is unfortunately responding only as "Server under repair. Please try again later." and has been for more than a week now (before that I saw a message about corrupted but that may have been the disk not the file, or could be both).
At first I thought it was just Firefox being all Firefox on me however I get the same result using IE. I have also tried on several friends computers only to get the same results (Not really surprising).
Is there any chance somebody knows of another link or failing that, could that one file be reupload?
Thanks muchly
Eggslap

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eggslap,

First, welcome to the Forum! :)
Second, please be sure that you read the link that has been added to your above post. Direct posting of links is not allowed on this forum. You're still getting your feet wet so I assume this will be a learning lesson enough.
Third, quite often with file sharing services, patience is the key. Sometimes specific files will go offline for awhile due to reasons beyond our control, most typically server maintenance. In such situations all you can do is have a cup of coffee and find something to occupy your time until the file becomes available again.

Patience Padawan. Patience.

Eggslap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoops I guess I missed that, Sorry won’t happen again.

While ordinarily I’d agree Patience is its own reward, I thought it was worth pointing out this Epic tale can’t, at this point, be completed. On the off chance anyone other than me wanted to start acquiring its Mafioso Goodness. (Of course maybe the fact that my poor tinnie tiny hard drive is groaning because 10% of it is filled with files I can’t open may have coloured my judgement).

Anyway, sorry if I have tread on anyone’s toes or broken too many conventions. :neutral:

Eggslap

modernknife

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re-upload for DISC_03_part02.rar now in DOWNLOAD LINKS section.

Eggslap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved it.
I mean you couldn't get rid of Sofia (can't act, isn’t pretty, looks nothing like either of her "Parents" and spoils the film in one of Hollywood’s worst case of nepotism ever) Coppola but I still loved it.
Personally I have always felt it was little things like that, poor casting, some sloppy dialogue and dumb scenes like the priest throwing flowers at Kate to try and infuse tension that made Part 3 only an ‘Also Ran’ film and disappointing end to the legacy. That said the first two thirds are pure brilliance.

Eggslap

P.S. I would give it a mark out of ten but it would be just an arbitrary value judgement, so suffice it to say if you do find any more footage I will have no hesitation in getting the whole thing all over again. Thanks Modernknife.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

modernknife

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT..."

***GODFATHER CHRONOLOGICAL UPDATE***

Thanks to the kind contribution of our own forum member theregencyelf, I have now obtained an additional 4 minutes of rare scenes exclusive to THE NOVEL FOR TELEVISION edit of The Godfather from 1977.

I had been searching for this footage, but was unable to obtain it before completing my first chronological edit. So I have decided to dive in and create another edit:

"THE GODFATHER CHRONOLOGICAL EPIC SAGA 1901-1980"

(aka The Corleone Kitchen Sink Edit)

ADDITIONAL SCENES:
--Fanucci talks to Theater owner about Sicilian opera / threatens his daughter
--Vito catches Sonny looking out the window
--Brief scene of Connie and Carlo fighting
--Tom returns from Woltz and speaks to Vito and Sonny / Vito orders Luca to California
--Michael hangs up the phone with Sonny and sends Kay back to the hotel
--Bonasera complains to his Wife after getting phonecall from Tom
--Extended Michael and Vito scene walking outside together
--Michael walking alone on pier with dogs and bodyguards
--Michael and Santino Jr.
--Extra shot of the taxi cab waiting for Kay

CHANGES/FIXES:
--Added uncensored dialogue with Frankie and Fredo at party (This is for you JoeVincent)
--Moved up Michael and Son scene to BEFORE the shooting in PART II as originally placed for the chronological edit in 1977. Added extra shot and line from Michael.
--Moved up Bonasera scene with wife to BEFORE scene with Don Vito and Sonny's body.
--Restored original Godfather Part III ending and moved new Family Montage to afterwards
--DISC 4 BONUS includes 8min of sequences/credits from the NOVEL FOR TELEVISION

New runtime is now: 9hrs 48min

This is now the longest and most complete version of THE GODFATHER CHRONOLOGICAL EDIT available in widescreen 16x9 DVD.

DVD DETAILS:
--I am trying to improve the DVD encoding with Compressor and Final Cut Pro.
--I realize the quality could be better, but I'm stuck with the limitations of the program.
--If there is anyone who has the equipment to create high-quality Dual-Layer DVD's for this project, please contact me.

NOTICE:
My apologies to all who downloaded the first release and may now be disappointed. Just imagine how I felt after putting all the work into the original DVD's and then finally obtaining the 4 minutes of footage that was missing. But in the end, it's THE GODFATHER, so it's worth it.

I will be removing the original CHRONOLOGICAL EPIC links on 4/30 and replacing with this new edition.

Thanks to all who provided feedback.

JoeVincent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Modernknife, you truly rock. Your work is much appreciated...
And since the subject matter never gets old, I look forward to enjoying another 9hrs & 45 mins PLUS FOUR of your good work when this is completed.
Thank you for this.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so hopefully this will be the last edit, i downloaded this once when it was a disc set online, then as a 4 disc set with better quality
i wonder if adding 4 xtra minutes is worth all the extra work, but still sounds awesome..
ive never got around to watching The Godfather in any form yet. maybe 1 day ill wise up

EvilAshLives

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all,

First, this is my first post on this forum, and I am very glad to be a part of the community. I've had the opportunity to see many fanedits, and am consistently impressed by all the work that goes into creating these discs, as well as the patience it takes to see them through to completion. This is especially true for Modernknife's work on the Godfather Chronological Epic. I've been waiting for years for someone to take this on, and I can't thank you enough for this great set.

However, since it appears that a new version is on the horizon, I thought it might be a good time to address the one problem area I'm aware of on the current set. At approximately 20minutes 15seconds into disc one (the transition from Vito at the shop to him coming through the front door of his flat), the music introduction is very harsh, as if the music is continuing from another scene. And again at 20minutes 59seconds (the transition from Vito and his wife at the table to baby Fredo crying) the music stops abruptly. In watching the same several minutes on FanFiltration’s Trilogy laserdisc rip, the music does run smoothly during both transition shots. Also, it appears that, while the Chronological Epic cuts from Vito and his wife at the table to a shot of Vito looking on at Fredo, the laserdisc rip cuts from the table shot to a shot of baby Fredo, and then to Vito looking on.

Just wanted to throw this out there in the hopes that with this new version we can finally have the definitive Godfather Chronological Epic. Thanks everyone!

EvilAshLives

modernknife

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks EvilAshLives for the comments. Very easy fixes to do.

NEW FIXES:
--Audio Transition when Young Vito enters door
--Audio Transition to sick baby Fredo
--Added extra shot of sick baby Fredo

EvilAshLives

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent - thanks modernknife. Any updates on when this will be available? Can't wait to check it out!

EvilAshLives

spicediver

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Modernknife,

I really enjoyed your four disc set - I'm a huge GF fan.

I've its not too late to fix in the current round of fixes, I did notice a pronounced motion judder/jerkiness throughout the entire edit. Pretty common with NTSC fanedits in my experience. It's not my DVD player or PC at fault - I believe the problem may lie either in your Vegas project or in the final mpeg2 authoring.

It may be something to do with a video issue I've never really understood myself: the 29.70fps/23.976fps discrepency with NTSC DVD sources, 3:2 pulldown, and all that stuff, which results in missing frames.

Hope you can fix it, cause you editing is lovely and respect for the material obvious :;-)

JoeVincent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there Modernknife,
Been quiet here in the thread, so I just wanted to check in and see if I missed the release of the new version & the upload.

Cheers.

modernknife

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
***UPDATED***

THE GODFATHER CHRONOLOGICAL EPIC SAGA 1901-1980

--New DIVX version available.
--This is the new "2.0" or "Saga" version that contains updated fixes and additional scenes.
--New "Saga" DVD x 4 version in the works.

EDIT: PM for links until made available on .info

scottehx

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can only see the original DVD version in the download section.

Where should I be looking for the Divx version?

Thanks

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
scottehx said:
I can only see the original DVD version in the download section.

Where should I be looking for the Divx version?
Is there a Divx version? I only see a DVD in the OP.

EvilAshLives

Reaction score
Trophy Points
<<--New DIVX version available in Rapidshare Links Download section in the FORUMS>>

I assume there's a reason some of us are having trouble finding this section in the forums; anyone care to enlighten us? Thank you!

EvilAshLives

Top Bottom