• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE

So this now infanous moment has caused many issues and comment.

Existing versions out there of THE SANTINO DELETED SCENE, are poor, to say the least. The audio is pretty poor too.

When I made the Magnum Opus, specifically Michael's Opus, i retained the prro audio and repurposed some material to keep it HD...

THEN @tylrsmmrs located a copy of THE EPIC 1902-1959 (not 1901-1959) on VHS which DOES contain the scene (the other version does not).

He extracted it and sent me the VHS rip. As many of you will know the HIFI audio on VHS is fairly clean, and was an improvment on the audio we had from hal_over_9000's extended versions.

THEN, @INIGHTMARES ran a Topaz pass over the material. I then cropped the open 4:3 matte, aligned it and applied a cross fade visually and brought in the VHS audio for the end of the scene.

Below are the four versions plating indivually and the ALL FOUR at the same time.

This revision will be cleaned up further and added back to the Magnum Opus together with the missing material from the Theatrical Version of The Godfather Part 3 (4 K sourced) that was removed from the Director's Cut and Coda version in a final revision to Michale's Opus. Don Vito's Opus will remain as it is.

ENJOY the preview below.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will La Fine also be getting an update with the missing Theatrical material? Also, excited to see it! Once this update lands I will finally watch these edits!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will La Fine also be getting an update with the missing Theatrical material? Also, excited to see it! Once this update lands I will finally watch these edits!
YUP...anything that gets updated from part 3 will also be update on La Fine...

Thanks for the prompt...

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need some help for THE GODFATHER PART 3 THEATRICAL VERSION RIPPING.
I DO OWN THE 4K Box Set

My Rig rips EVERY 4K disc that I own BUT, it refuses to see this particular disc.
ARRGGG!

I've tried everything.

If you also own this box set AND can rip that disc, please DM/Message me...

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need some help for THE GODFATHER PART 3 THEATRICAL VERSION RIPPING.
I DO OWN THE 4K Box Set

My Rig rips EVERY 4K disc that I own BUT, it refuses to see this particular disc.
ARRGGG!

I've tried everything.

If you also own this box set AND can rip that disc, please DM/Message me...
What are you trying to rip it with?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use MakeMKV and have never found a disc it couldn't handle (as long as I was using the latest Beta release).

Mako

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking forward to the latest revisions.

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nothing to see here either.. I'm also looking forward to the "FINAL" revisions.

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any progress?
A little, but The Tarantino Tales has taken up most of my free time, as have a few other edits by new members...

I'm working on THE ALAMO upgrade at the moment actively...about 20% through the final build...THEN i'll be back to this project for a final visit

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...in fact...it's PArt 3 and the Santino scene that is the driver for these final tweaks...

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can’t wait to see it!
As soon as I have an ETA, i'll let you all know.
Right know I'm pixel aligning 6versions of THE ALAMO in order to get the best possible FINAL Roadshow version build...more on that on the other thread.

Once completed...I'll be on this project....and then finally a NEW fan edit.

Last edited:

Frikken12

Reaction score
Trophy Points

As soon as I have an ETA, i'll let you all know.
Right know I'm pixel aligning 6versions of THE ALAMO in order to get the best possible FINAL Roadshow version build...more on that on the other thread.

Once completed...I'll be on this project....and then finally a NEW fan edit.
6 versions?! You’re a real professional, Wraith, but we already know that :)

I’ll be checking out the Alamo thread, it piqued my interest.

Last edited:

Eleusis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I only heard about the chronological Godfather stuff this afternoon. I managed to find a 9:44 version ISO in DVD format and convert it to MP4, but the quality is frankly piss-poor. Like VHS or worse. I really hope I'll be able to enjoy your final version, Wraith, when you finish it. Your work is appreciated.

Top Bottom