• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

@tylrsmmrs has spotted a short repetition in The Godfather Part II-Extended at 1:08:00. This occurred for the same reason I had an ommission i Superman The Epic. A source asset had an identical name, and on this occasion led to a short repetition.

I am re-rendering and will replace the file. The updated version carries the designation G2X v2.01a. Existing instructions on obtaining it stand since I will place this is the same folder.

Apologies to all who already have the file. I'm assuming that it was not spotted earlier coz people are downloading and archiving the edit...since watching it it is quite an obvious mistake.

Thank you for you patience all and Mery Xmas,
W

...so how far back does this obsession go?

Last edited:
...so how far back does this obsession go?

1673203122043-png.3223
Wraith, as Potato Wes mentioned, I think the link is broken.

2 months, and you haven’t been pulled back in yet, that’s gotta be a record in this thread, lol

2 months, and you haven’t been pulled back in yet, that’s gotta be a record in this thread, lol
I'm actively editing....

I do not anticipate returning to this unless more material emerges, which seems unlikely....

I'm actively editing....

I do not anticipate returning to this unless more material emerges, which seems unlikely....
I know :)
That’s what I was referring to, the pattern of new material coming to light every time you try to step away, has finally been broken.

I know :)
That’s what I was referring to, the pattern of new material coming to light every time you try to step away, has finally been broken.
Well…not quite.

We now have GF part 3 theatrical cut for the first time …and there are some shots and bits that differ. So there will be an update to La Fine and Michael’s Opus….but I need to step away and do some creative stuff rather than pure technical assembly… which is tedious….

So there is a little more to add back….

LOL

Does anyone know or think Paramount, FFC, and/or the powers that be will ever release remastered 4K footage of the "deleted" scenes that were included in the expanded Epic, Saga, Novel, etc. cuts?

We know the powers that be DO HAVE 1080p versions of the "deleted" scenes, as the 2012 and 2016 AMC and HBO showings of the Epic/Saga/Novel contained the "deleted" scenes in 1080p.

Sadly and inexplicably, the recent 50th anniversary 4K UHD release contained SD 4:3 versions of the "deleted" scenes, in the same way as the 2008 Blu-Ray.

Does anyone know or think Paramount, FFC, and/or the powers that be will ever release remastered 4K footage of the "deleted" scenes that were included in the expanded Epic, Saga, Novel, etc. cuts?

We know the powers that be DO HAVE 1080p versions of the "deleted" scenes, as the 2012 and 2016 AMC and HBO showings of the Epic/Saga/Novel contained the "deleted" scenes in 1080p.

Sadly and inexplicably, the recent 50th anniversary 4K UHD release contained SD 4:3 versions of the "deleted" scenes, in the same way as the 2008 Blu-Ray.
So…there is nothing out there that we can confirm anything…however, logic dictates that if they have the HD assets AND, that those assets were NOT included in the recent “ultimate” restoration (which it was not…), those assets in HD were withheld because they know they can monetize them in the future. No question…
What will lead to it?
Probably some kind of cynical “tribute” release when FFC departs this mortal realm.

There will be no need for removal of the AMC logo, as per some edits, since I have clean HD for all the scenes I need, and will only be using that version for content checking and transition checking against the other two chronological versions to ensure I re-build them correctly (to the very last frame).
Wraith, what was your source for the non-AMC HD footage? HBO 2016?

Wraith, what was your source for the non-AMC HD footage? HBO 2016?
HBO and an HD version of Epic I stumbled across…plus in some places it’s repurposed HD footage that has been modified to permit additional audio to be used…like the first 2 mins of Part 3…audio is dvd, visual recyled, crop, small camera move added…

The Don Altobello addition in part 3 was upscaled with Topaz by a member…

HD Rules! Thanks

When I do the analysis video, I'll include the following sections:
"SD material not included"
"Transitions and montages that differ"
"HD Materials added to the theatrical cuts"
"AMC deletions"
"Material unique to the HD rebuild"
"Alternative credit openings"
"Previously" montages
"Alternative takes" used across different versions

Did I miss anything?
Would KILL to see the analysis video referenced here! Did it ever come to fruition?

Would KILL to see the analysis video referenced here! Did it ever come to fruition?
It exists only as an NLE, in 6 different files coz they were so dense in assets....I've rendered sections for demos, but never ALL of it...I keep thinking of rendering it all...but it would be 10 hours/11 hours of tedium...4, sometmes 5 versions of the ame material onscreen from multiple sources..sometimes all 5 audio steams running to spot differnces in audio only...and even then, some of you great members spotted and pointed things out I missed...But WE GOT IT ALL in the end...

HOWEVER...

as a special treat, here is a 20 min compilation of 4 way comapisons i rendered to show some one what the process looks like... of
BLADE RUNNER
3 way Superman Train fix
4 Way Godfather montage
and
2 way Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which was filmed twice for the most part...Once in CinemaScoipe, and once in then so called FLAT...many scenes were staged twice, and some filmmed with two cameras at the same time...

Watch it all....

ps...Anyone think Seven Brides worth reasing...it is rendered in full... As is Blade runner.

ENJOY

It exists only as an NLE, in 6 different files coz they were so dense in assets....I've rendered sections for demos, but never ALL of it...I keep thinking of rendering it all...but it would be 10 hours/11 hours of tedium...4, sometmes 5 versions of the ame material onscreen from multiple sources..sometimes all 5 audio steams running to spot differnces in audio only...and even then, some of you great members spotted and pointed things out I missed...But WE GOT IT ALL in the end...

HOWEVER...

as a special treat, here is a 20 min compilation of 4 way comapisons i rendered to show some one what the process looks like... of
BLADE RUNNER
3 way Superman Train fix
4 Way Godfather montage
and
2 way Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which was filmed twice for the most part...Once in CinemaScoipe, and once in then so called FLAT...many scenes were staged twice, and some filmmed with two cameras at the same time...

Watch it all....

ps...Anyone think Seven Brides worth reasing...it is rendered in full... As is Blade runner.

ENJOY

AMAZING!

The Santino fix video is coming.
TOP L, HalOver9000
TOP R VHS
Bottom L, my MO fix
BOTTOM R THE NEW TOPZED FIX , with VHS audio...much cleaner sound
full

Back
Top Bottom