• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

Not to further derail this thread, but I can’t believe all the hate the Ozark finale has received. I thought it was the perfect ending for the late stage capitalism, post-Trump era the US is in.

Last edited:
Not to further derail this thread, but I can’t believe all the hate the Ozark finale has received. I thought it was the perfect ending for the late stage capitalism, post-Trump era the US is in.
It was telegraphed and authentic IMHO....
SPOILERS
The Private eye did keep looking at the cookie jar, and the camera often dwelled on it....they were telling us, it is important PLUS, the PI had a long set up and no real impact given the time spent on him....but it was also obvious Ben was going to take him out.
As far as Ruth goes, we already knew Clare was a steely coward, and when you are given that "ONE TIME TO TELL THE TRUTH", she was not going to skip that PLUS, Wendy and Marty did not appear to have a chat with her to tell her "it's all solid, nothing will come back to nite you'...so with that exposition missing, Clare had to take the offer...and that's all there is to it. And why? We all were waiting to see who was going to die in the car wreck...when they all walked away..it was clear to me at least, that a GoT style death HAD to happen. Finally, the Byrds could not switch back to Omar, since he made it clear he wanted Marty to go run things, and Wendy had blown the SDN list option...so they HAD to stick with Camilla....

I'm reassured that you liked it...I thought it was great, better that The Sopranos and GoT endings....and it showed some integrity from Netflix not keeping someone around for a spin-off....shame on that point...

What would fans have preffered that was credible?

UPDATE

Some additional GF Part 3 material not in any version has been spotted by an eagle eye fan (in the extras) which will also be making its way into the final revisions from the 4k set...

As the helicopters attack and the room is cleared, Don Altobello rushes back in screaming to warn Michael...he is then forcibly removed and the doors handcuffed shut...

Details and clip will follow once extracted and if useable.

It was telegraphed and authentic IMHO....
SPOILERS
The Private eye did keep looking at the cookie jar, and the camera often dwelled on it....they were telling us, it is important PLUS, the PI had a long set up and no real impact given the time spent on him....but it was also obvious Ben was going to take him out.
As far as Ruth goes, we already knew Clare was a steely coward, and when you are given that "ONE TIME TO TELL THE TRUTH", she was not going to skip that PLUS, Wendy and Marty did not appear to have a chat with her to tell her "it's all solid, nothing will come back to nite you'...so with that exposition missing, Clare had to take the offer...and that's all there is to it. And why? We all were waiting to see who was going to die in the car wreck...when they all walked away..it was clear to me at least, that a GoT style death HAD to happen. Finally, the Byrds could not switch back to Omar, since he made it clear he wanted Marty to go run things, and Wendy had blown the SDN list option...so they HAD to stick with Camilla....

I'm reassured that you liked it...I thought it was great, better that The Sopranos and GoT endings....and it showed some integrity from Netflix not keeping someone around for a spin-off....shame on that point...

What would fans have preffered that was credible?
I think people are upset that

the Byrds “won.” I mean in the current US I think Wendy’s last lines are totally apropos. People that scheme and cheat and abuse and manipulate power win in today’s America. It was a great commentary on where we are as a country.

And maybe that was more truth than people wanted.

Edit: I did a movie marathon about the dark side of the American Dream during the lockdown. It consisted of Citizen Kane, GF 1&2, and There Will Be Blood. I think Ozark would make a worthy fourth entry.

I think people are upset that

the Byrds “won.” I mean in the current US I think Wendy’s last lines are totally apropos. People that scheme and cheat and abuse and manipulate power win in today’s America. It was a great commentary on where we are as a country.

And maybe that was more truth than people wanted.
Agreed...seriously, are people going to advocate

...'BRING BACK THE HAYS CODE'?
NOT!

Last edited:
UPDATE

Some additional GF Part 3 material not in any version has been spotted by an eagle eye fan (in the extras) which will also be making its way into the final revisions from the 4k set...

As the helicopters attack and the room is cleared, Don Altobello rushes back in screaming to warn Michael...he is then forcibly removed and the doors handcuffed shut...

Details and clip will follow once extracted and if useable.
Never ceases to amaze me how much is out there and how much was cut. Personally, I prefer completeness. Not everybody does, but still, I wish studios owuld release the unused footage for those of us who enjoy it! So glad people are tracking it down and we have this forum and editors to preserve it!

This forum thread is one gigantic movie rabbit hole. Your passion for this project is impressive Wraith, and reading about your journey to uncover every last shred of Godfather material is fascinating. I would have never have guessed that there could be so many editions of the godfather out there. You could make a decent film doc out of this!

UPDATE

Due to an insurmontable pressure on the available space I have for edits, I will be removing the GF UBER files this weekend. The High bit rate MP4s will remain.

The UBER sized files will return briefly after the final round of revisions have been completed, which remain stalled due to RL issues.

I will be easing my way back into editing with some SUG/UGS polishing first. I will then complete the work on The Godafater Magnum Opus revisions for both edits; timing remains unknown for this at this point.

Updates will follow when I do return to this.

Thank you all for your patience.
W

Last edited:
MULTIPLE UPDATES

I'm pleased to report that TODAY June 7th, will be the last day on MEGA.

I am currently loading onto ICEDRIVE, which gives me 1 TB for the same price as 400GB on MEGA.

This means, for all you Godfather and UBER SIZE file geeks out there, that LARGER files will be available for the multiple versions as well as larger versions for other edits...so no more "XXX will be up for two weeks" nonsense.

All versions, all sizes, everywhere, all the time !

I am also pleased to report that the editing window is opening up again for me. I am doing some minor SUG /UGS tweaks to get me into the mojo again, and already compiled the outstanding Magnum Opus tweaks (I had completed about 50% of them prior to my slowdown)...in peparedness for the last push.

BUT THERE IS MORE....

With the help of 3 very vigilant and helpful members, I have a coupe of newly discovered additions (Tiny but nice) AND, a few shots which have been graded by @Mako which will also be making their way in PLUS a few other tweaks...all tiny, but all worth it.

Details will be lsted when the work is completed.

After that, I will move onto a New Clint Eastwood Mashup, and you have my Archive Gunney Highway last month and the 1954 "A Star is Re-Born" (also from my archive of unsubmitted edits) this month to come....yes, the Judy Garland version with all the stills removed while keeping it as long as possible. This will include new footage of an extended musical number NOT on the Blu Ray restoration (but publically available).

PHEW

Finally on the whole 4K color grade...in the extras of the Coppola Restoration, FFC says clearly he was indebted to Gordon Willis for shooting this with " a golden look".."and i remember thanking him for it" .further, GW himself explains how they went to great lengths to retain that during the photochemical processing AND for the Coppola Rstoration....

So I do not buy the BS regarding the new color grade...sure, the detail and fidelity are GREAT, but I don't like it PERIOD...So no 4K version from me for sure, thoug the above revisions will replace the studio stock material with the 1080p versions of that 4K source, but nothing else.

The above is from the two horses mouths ON CAMERA....and the same goes for the deliberately washed out whites in the sunlight, which have now been muted....much like the closing of Close Encouters, which I returned to its theatrical color grade....

Jump to 4:30 to hear it ALL for yourselves...

That's it for now...(back to the ICEDRIVE Load...)

Thank you all for your patience...
W

Last edited:
....so, I think we can all agree, the 4K version does indeed look magnificent...however it is absolutely categorically NOT how these films were originally intened to look and how they have looked for 50 years....

MIssed opportunity IMHO....

Is this a misguided case of them pretending that a more neutral colour grade equates to a more high quality film?
I'm curious if it costs more to regrade it v.s keeping the original pallete.

Last edited:
Is this a misguided case of them pretending that a more neutral colour grade equates to a more high quality film?
I'm curious if it costs more to regrade it v.s keeping the original pallete.
It will cost more since they are deviating from what the scan will be, which will be the "Golden patina"...that needs a lot more work.

In the meantime, I am 90% migrated to ICEDRIVE, with only one more Purist GF to go.
I still have 600GB left so no more juglling versions for the viewers...

UPDATE (of sorts...)

I'm pleased to report that the migration to ICEDRIVE has gone well and no complaints so far.

I now have 1TB for the less cost than 400GB on Mega, so FOR THE FIRST TIME, no juggling files and access windows.

THE UBER SIZE files for the current version of the MAGNUM OPUS should be up by tomorrow so for the first time both MP4 and UBER files will be available for both my preferred MAGNUM OPUS version of both films AND the PURIST version of both film chrnological edits namely Don Vito's Opus and Michael's Opus..

I'll drop in an update when they are finally loaded.
W

Are these the final versions or do you still have to do some revisions?

Are these the final versions or do you still have to do some revisions?
I am working (slowly and intermitently) on a final set of minor miniscule tweaks and a few stock shots sourced from the 4K, and some newly found audio to add back in.

Also a number of slowed shots and some with color issues have been match graded by @Mako (with thanks).

Last edited:
UPDATE (of sorts...)

I'm pleased to report that the migration to ICEDRIVE has gone well and no complaints so far.

I now have 1TB for the less cost than 400GB on Mega, so FOR THE FIRST TIME, no juggling files and access windows.

THE UBER SIZE files for the current version of the MAGNUM OPUS should be up by tomorrow so for the first time both MP4 and UBER files will be available for both my preferred MAGNUM OPUS version of both films AND the PURIST version of both film chrnological edits namely Don Vito's Opus and Michael's Opus..

I'll drop in an update when they are finally loaded.
W
Waiting for the update uwu

Back
Top Bottom