• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While it may be sacrilegious to argue against @Wraith on this, I will vehemently disagree. I think GF2 benefits from constraints in the same way that Jaws wouldn’t have been the same movie if that damned shark would’ve worked.

It may not have be been the original intent to have the theatrical version we got, but by god it works and is so much more impactful to see these stories mirrored rather than told separately.

Obviously others disagree with me, but I feel—as a fan of postmodernist storytelling—that the theatrical is a far superior movie-going story experience.
No disagreement from me on that...I just prefere the chrono, but you are absolutely right on this...100%

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
De Niro gained what people reported to be 20-40lbs to play a slightly older Vito than what we end up seeing in Part II, showing him as a young Don in 1930's New York. He also said that they threw a coin at what point he should start wearing the mustache. You can find press photos from those scenes. He allegedly blew up at FCF when he saw so much cut in theaters. Just like two deleted scenes that survived show Vito meeting Tessio and Roth, they also filmed him meeting Brasi. And teaching Sonny how to run the neighborhood.
i personally REFUSE to believe this material is truly missing. At the very least it definitely exists on a VHS transfer that was made to share with the editing team to view when assembling the Chrono versions...and there screen capture photos of this VHS with a timestampl across the center.

I cant believe it would not have been save for a possible PART II - Second HELPING, at the very least.

If a cash grab ever merited this material resurfacing, Id be delighted...

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a side note, I finally finished the Extended GF and I tried to post a review but the software doesn’t want to let me. Apparently there are different passwords. 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, I have a review and will post it when I resolve the technical issues.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GF+II.jpg

Here is DeNiro lookin uncannily like a young Vito/Brando

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mike+Shotgun+2.jpg

Pacino in a rise of Michael sequence also removed lasting 15 mins apparently…

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...as has been said often,
"movies are made in the edit suite"....
AND DON'T WE ALL KNOW IT!
;)

Top Bottom