• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Game of Thrones: The Purist Cuts

I've updated the project plan to include details on the last 3 volumes, covering A Storm of Swords.

Additionally, Volume II - The Crowning is now released. This volume covers A Game of Thrones, Chapters 23-49, largely corresponding to Season 1, E04-07 of the show. As before, scenes have been trimmed down and re-arranged to match the books as much as possible and to tighten pace where necessary. Scenes have been deleted completely if they do not happen or are not referenced in the books. Location cards are shown for significant new locations, chapter markers have been added to the video file, and English subs for the Dothraki dialogue are included as an srt.

I know you are in the process of editing atm but is there any chance we could get a 5.1 audio track for these releases? One of the best shows ever, has an awesome soundtrack and these edits could be the best versions available for the purist fans…would be a shame not to have them in 5.1 imo.

I know you are in the process of editing atm but is there any chance we could get a 5.1 audio track for these releases? One of the best shows ever, has an awesome soundtrack and these edits could be the best versions available for the purist fans…would be a shame not to have them in 5.1 imo.
Sure

Will you be revising the existing files with the 5.1 audio and if so, when will that likely happen? Will the releases from chapter 3 onwards contain 5.1 audio? Thanks

UPDATE

Volume I has been updated. 1 minute of footage has been removed. This was a conversation between Tyrion & Yoren, which, upon re-reading AGoT chapter 20, I saw does not appear in the book, so was cut. Additionally, a surround sound audio track for Volume I is now available, alongside stereo.

Will you be revising the existing files with the 5.1 audio and if so, when will that likely happen? Will the releases from chapter 3 onwards contain 5.1 audio? Thanks
From now on, I will release them with Stereo only at first, at ~5mpbs, followed by a larger file, at ~18mbps, which will include both stereo and surround sound tracks. Volume I now has Surround, Volume II will have it as well soon.

UPDATE

Volume III - The Kingmaker is complete and now available. As for previous volumes, there are 2 files - a smaller file with stereo audio, and a larger file with both stereo and surround audio. This volume covers the final third of A Game of Thrones, Chapters 50-72, which mostly corresponds to Game of Thrones 1.08 - 1.10.

The first book is now complete. I will also create a file which merges the three volume into one. This is for those who want to binge the season, and it'll run at around 6h 15m, compared to the original 9h 21m.

Books 2 & 3 remain. The visual cuts for Volumes IV-V (A Clash of Kings, corresponding to Season 2) have been done for a while, only audio editing remains. Most of the visual cuts for Volumes VI-VII (A Storm of Swords, corresponding to Seasons 3-4) are also complete.

Back
Top Bottom