• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Font Help Spot

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've tried identifont, and whatthefont, but can't figure this one out. I've also posted this on the whatthefont forums, but hopefully one of you guys will know what this is:

bf67685fca85463f4806b9640f94ab93.43066.jpeg

the Upper part is the same font as "STAR WARS", just solid. The W is the trick part here.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
throw what is the "v" like maybe you could cover lap two v's.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, I did think of that. I found a few fonts that are close, and if I dont hear anything about this font soon, I will probably attempt that. :)

merlin261170

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi

Does anybody know of where I can get an 'original series' style Star Trek font for my Miscrosoft Word? Or if not, a word processing program that has or can get Star Trek style font?

Star Trek movie style fonts are also desirable.

This is specifically for me doing my Star Trek DVD covers for the FanFilm DVDs I produce.

Thanks.

Merlin.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
moved to the font help spot. we have a whole topic for this.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reconstructing credits (lol, pretty obvious which film ;) ) and I want to use a font that looks exactly (or as close as possible) to this. anybody know it?

T2_font_question.jpg

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is it sound of music?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry, its Steel Magnolias. So you know the font? The world needs my Steel Magnolias edit!!!

steel-magnolias.jpg

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still say century gothic is ok....

2nsozs8.jpg
T2_font_question.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes its OK. and if I cant find anything closer, I will go with CG. however the original is a bit more rounded at the edges, and CG has asymmetrical portions (notice the bar on the "H" is not in the middle, but slightly higher). Anyway, I'll keep an eye out, but Century Gothic may be a good substitute.

Must get that Steel Magnolias edit just right ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The differences in the two H's is barely noticeable, and I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. The only difference I can see between the two is in the number 1. The CG one goes straight from left to right but the one from the movie is slanted. Other than that it's a perfect match.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two BSG fonts...

bsg_font1.jpg

bsg_font3.jpg

Any ideas?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The top one is BankGothic. The bottom one could be a bunch of things. Try Helvetica first, and see if that fits.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1-1.jpg

anyone know this font?...its from the simpsons where bart writes on the blackboard.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know what font, or a similar font used on the Phantom Menace DVD cover, top and bottom for the text "EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING" andthen at the bottom it appears the same font is used for the "DIGITALLY MASTERED"

EDT: hah! Nevermind.. looks like it's Bank Gothic just like from BSG above! how funny.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone help me identify this font please?

Click to enlarge.

tehwallaby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to identify the font used in Enemy at the Gates.

The one used below.

enemy-at-the-gates.jpg

Top Bottom