• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Font Help Spot

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your image links are not working but I guess you are refering to the planet title cards from Rogue One?

I'm struggling to find it using whathefont but it's a horrible font anyway IMO. Why not go with something more oldskool Star Wars in style for them?

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Your image links are not working but I guess you are refering to the planet title cards from Rogue One?

I'm struggling to find it using whathefont but it's a horrible font anyway IMO. Why not go with something more oldskool Star Wars in style for them?

Weird, they show up fine on my work computer and home computer.

I guess the reason is that I don't want to have to crop or cut out the ones that are already there, I'd rather leave them as is.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks quite Matrix-esque to me. 

Try inputting the image into something like "Font Squirrel" or "What The Font" - they will pick out the text from the image and find similar or matching fonts.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Looks quite Matrix-esque to me. 

Try inputting the image into something like "Font Squirrel" or "What The Font" - they will pick out the text from the image and find similar or matching fonts.

Thanks, found it was OCR-A AI Pro Bold

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You already found it but for future reference... another easy option is putting a term like "computer font" into Google image search and then looking for a distinctive letter (I choose the triangular shaped D). OCR-A came up in the first 20 results.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I use whatfontis when I don't know fonts. Great tool.
https://www.whatfontis.com

Yeah but a squirrel comes to your house and tells you what font you have?  Why wouldn't anyone choose that option?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:

Thanks, Dig. Just had a go at using this for a change. Pretty accurate. The constant jabs to sign up for premium are a bit annoying though.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
DigModiFicaTion said:

Thanks, Dig. Just had a go at using this for a change. Pretty accurate. The constant jabs to sign up for premium are a bit annoying though.

Your welcome :) I always have adblockers installed so maybe that's why I don't get jabbed ;)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know what this font is and where I could find it?

Top Bottom