• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Font Help Spot

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone on that forum Rogue mentioned did post this transparent .png file if haven't already seen it.

thingtitle.png

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
Anyone know which font is used for the Mary Jane comic book title?

I used WhatTheFont to check the image and it gave some fonts that you have to pay for.

Here are a couple sites you can check for free fonts:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/
http://www.urbanfonts.com/

I browsed through the comic fonts at 1001 free fonts and didn't see anything that matches perfectly. There are a couple that can be used as they are close, such as "Josh's font" or "Playtime..."

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
help000000.png

anyone know what font this is? Its very similar to impact

Helvetica Neue LT Com--->107 Extra Black Condensed---> 55pt, Smooth---> 90% space between letters, 77pt between each line. ;-)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
STANKPAC said:
Helvetica Neue LT Com--->107 Extra Black Condensed---> 55pt, Smooth---> 90% space between letters, 77pt between each line. ;-)

Wow! Thanks man!!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
STANKPAC said:
^^ Ahh crap, grammar police! LOL. :oops:

Sorry. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine. :lol: That and the misspelling of "their/there/they're".

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone have any idea what this font is (from the trailer for "Only God Forgives")? I have a feeling it may be a slightly altered, custom font.

onlygodforgives.png

I've tried all the usual avenues (identifont, whatdafont, etc.) and I'm coming up blank (rim shot!). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cactus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Anyone have any idea what this font is (from the trailer for "Only God Forgives")? I have a feeling it may be a slightly altered, custom font.

onlygodforgives.png

I've tried all the usual avenues (identifont, whatdafont, etc.) and I'm coming up blank (rim shot!). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You seek the font named Helium. http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/redrooster/helium-rr/extra-bold/

Ziester

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any ideas? I tried hard to find this but all I can find is stuff that looks vaguely similar but wrong.

30rn2b6.png

edit: This myfont thing is neat I think it might be some kind of Aviano: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/insigne/aviano/regular/
The S's look a bit more flared but I don't think that's a big deal. Also the proportions are funny but I guess I can photoshop that.

Jane86

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tend to steer away from myfonts, I use free fonts instead. You might find it more useful as there is thousands online for free, try searching at fontsaddict as it has heaps.

heatherly84

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziester said:
Any ideas? I tried hard to find this but all I can find is stuff that looks vaguely similar but wrong.

30rn2b6.png

edit: This myfont thing is neat I think it might be some kind of Aviano: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/insigne/aviano/regular/
The S's look a bit more flared but I don't think that's a big deal. Also the proportions are funny but I guess I can photoshop that.

I agree that it looks like Aviano. Either Bold or Black, I think. $22 is a bit much for a font, but I can let you in on a trick I've used there. MyFonts lets you preview a font by typing in your own text, even letting you adjust the size and choose the color. What I've done before is adjusted the preview to the way I liked it, screencapped that in my browser, then pasted it into Photoshop as a new layer on a transparent file. Delete the background with the Magic Eraser brush, and you've got text you can mess with to your liking. Do it twice with slightly different size/color settings and layer them over each other to get a drop shadow or stroke.

Top Bottom