• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash: Lets Get Nuts Edition

Jordank

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer - Click Here

Hello everyone! I am excited to share my fanedit, the LET'S GET NUTS EDITION of The Flash. The main objective of this edit was to significantly reduce the sillier comedic moments that didn’t quite hit the mark. As a result, it presents Barry as a more mature, competent, and heroic figure. Additionally, I aimed to trim the runtime, getting us to Wayne Manor earlier in the film, while also allowing the action sequences to be fully enjoyed without cutaways to juvenile humor. I hope this can become the version you choose to re-watch if you, like myself, felt the initial tone given to Barry's character didn't fully resonate.

It was essential to me that the transitions between audio and visual edits were seamlessly integrated, so the viewer wouldn't notice changes. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference these edits made in the final product. In my opinion, this fanedit enhances the excitement of the action scenes, elevates Ezra's performance, and transforms the movie into a easy and enjoyable watch. It made me appreciate the cast and filmmakers even more while discovering a different, more fitting tone that lies beneath the original theatrical release.

What changed?
* Theatrical Release Runtime: 2:24:04 | LET'S GET NUTS Fanedit Runtime: 1:41:11
* Countless sillier comedic moments from Young & Old Barry have been removed like "I have to take a shit", "Dipset before the block is hot", "are we always this sweepy?" "you know where it hurts...my dick" & of course the classic "everybody poops". The aim was to make Barry more mature.
* Trimmed down the opening scene of Barry in the coffee shop and re-ordered a few shots.
* Cut the false start to the title intro. There were serious issues Barry needed to attend to, which to me impacted the humor's resonance.
* Removed babies falling from building/microwave scene. This wasn't the best look after everything that happened with Ezra and the dark humour didn't work for me.
* Cut Lasso of Truth & Barry proclaiming he hasn't had sex...
* Removed Barry arriving at work late and being reprimanded. I felt this made him look incompetent at his job that was important to him.
* Heavily trimmed down the two Barry's meeting for the first time. Taking away as many childish Barry lines as possible.
* Trimmed down lab break in scene and cut Barry's tooth flying out when hit by lightning.
* Removed Young Barry using his powers in the streets, causing chaos and being publicly naked. Everything was already established in the apartment, I don't feel they needed to go through all of that. I was very happy with how this worked and transitioned into the next scene.
* Removed shots of Barry shoveling food into his mouth. If you have a sensitivity to chewing sounds like me you will appreciate this.
* Opted to cut the Young Barry's roommates scene to maintain focus on the urgency of stopping Zod and to present Young Barry's character in a more favorable light.
* Added AI voice cloned lines of Barry while in cab going to Wayne Manor. This was a fun experiment.
* Trimmed down Bruce Wayne explaining time travel. This seemed out of character for Batman 89' to know so much about time travel.
* Cut Young Barry racing around Batcave & finding Joker's fake teeth.
* Decided to remove the two Barry's argument in the Batcave to keep the focus on the more crucial conflict with Zod and make them both appear more mature.
* Cut Barry screaming "This rips dick!" before ejecting from the Batwing.
* Removed Barry throwing up during Batman's action sequence in Russia to allow the viewer to further enjoy the great action scene that it actually was.
* "Come on Barbie, lets go party" line has been removed. I didn't think this line made sense for either version of Barry.
* Added explosion sound effects to Batman's Batwing sacrifice to make it sound like he accomplished a bit more damage.
* Opted to remove the multiverses colliding cameos to maintain a more cohesive narrative. Initially, the Batman '66 and George Reeves Superman cameos were taken out as they felt out of place, while still keeping Christopher Reeves & Nic Cage's Superman. After reviewing an earlier cut of this fanedit, it became evident that this leaner version was more focused and impactful, as diverting away to unrelated characters had a potential to distract from the main storyline rather than enhancing it. So the decision was made to cut all colliding world cameos for a smoother viewing experience.
* Added the Batman & Robin theme underneath the George Clooney appearance to make him feel more like Batman and less like...George Clooney doing a cameo.
* Final shot of the film cuts before Barry's tooth falls out. The humour of Clooney's appearance had already been conveyed, the CGI tooth falling out wasn't necessary in my opinion.
* Post Credits Aquaman scene has been removed.
* Credits song changed to "Funny How Time Slips Away" By Billy Walker

File Details
* Length .......... 1 hr 41 mins
* Codecs .......... H264
* Container .......... MP4
* Resolution .......... 1080p
* Post-credits scene .......... No

The-Flash-LGN-Edition-Poster-Art-By-u-Le-Lawn-Games.png

Last edited:
This edit is currently being reviewed for approval.
If the staff needs any help reviewing this I'd be happy to give it a full preview. I've probably already watched this film (or a version of it) 20 times and I'm not sick of it.

I'm not trying to interfere with the process or anything. I love the movie, I agree with most of the changelist, I have my own edit I'm working on and I'm currently watching this film like crazy anyway so..... I'm just throwing it out there.

I reached out to Jordank privately for a preview and I'm posting here just to be transparent.

@PanteraSteel, all members of the forum are encouraged to preview new fanedits and share their observations with the editor both privately and/or publicly on this project thread.

Only Staff, Academy Members and authorized faneditors are able to review an edit for approval to be listed on IFDB. Considering, I am the Academy Member reviewing this edit, I very much look forward to your observations!

Last edited:
I previewed this LETS GET NUTS edition.

There's some great stuff in here and a few things that need a little polishing IMO. Detailed feedback has been shared with the editor privately. Fans of THE FLASH should be looking forward to this.

I previewed this LETS GET NUTS edition.

There's some great stuff in here and a few things that need a little polishing IMO. Detailed feedback has been shared with the editor privately. Fans of THE FLASH should be looking forward to this.
That's awesome! All members of the forum are always welcome to offer editors input in the same manner. In fact, it's highly encouraged. This is really the whole point of the editor putting so much effort into their project thread...to draw interest and attract member engagement.

Traveling right now for work and I watched it on a flight. I’m not sure I’m the best to give feedback as I have my own opinions on a proper edit that probably cloud my judgement.

Technical- I will say that it was technically well done, only a couple of transitions were noticeable.

Narrative- From an editor who routinely gets criticized for cutting too much, this personally was cut just too close too the bone for me, and imo end up cutting out a lot of character development and what little “heart” there was. But… the thin structure remaining that ended up really focusing on older Barry, in a way brought a lot of the core themes into clear focus. That was nice and is a great skeleton to work from, then adding back in more “heart”.

Great editing skills on display, though, to be sure. Lots of potential here imo.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it and provide actionable feedback, Keo!

bionicbob has approved this edit. Thank you, Colonel Austin for your insightful review! Thank you to @Wakeupkeo and @PanteraSteel for your thoughtful previews! Welcome to our family, @Jordank! We are very happy to have you!

Last edited:
Not sure if it's possible, but if you want to make the "Let's get nuts" moment worth it, you can take some inspiration from this fanedit.
There's a new quote added for Barry "I have to warn you, Bruce. WIth these Kryptonians, it's gonna get nuts out there." I think the new line for this fan edit would've been "I mean, yeah. We can certainly use a Batman. But I have to warn you, getting out there against these Kryptonians, it's going to get nuts. Are you in?"
I know you already have the ending with George Clooney, but if you ever wanted to remove him from the ending, there's this that you can take inspiration from. One of the early screenings that avoided the ending cameo.
Other than that, I really love the edit. Not the Flash movie I wanted to see, but this edit is certainly better.

Not sure if it's possible, but if you want to make the "Let's get nuts" moment worth it, you can take some inspiration from this fanedit.
There's a new quote added for Barry "I have to warn you, Bruce. WIth these Kryptonians, it's gonna get nuts out there." I think the new line for this fan edit would've been "I mean, yeah. We can certainly use a Batman. But I have to warn you, getting out there against these Kryptonians, it's going to get nuts. Are you in?"
I know you already have the ending with George Clooney, but if you ever wanted to remove him from the ending, there's this that you can take inspiration from. One of the early screenings that avoided the ending cameo.
Other than that, I really love the edit. Not the Flash movie I wanted to see, but this edit is certainly better.
I really like how this edit more naturally sets up Keaton to say his “let’s get nuts” line. I wonder if they shot a version like that. It seems so clear they should have! (Maybe easy to say in hindsight)

Morning Jordank,

I really enjoyed your edit and made this film watchable! Thank you for all your efforts and time sharing this with the community.

Regards,
M
That’s awesome to hear! Thanks for giving it a shot and the kind words 🙏

Back
Top Bottom