• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Film Video Essay Thread

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ Toward the end of his above "Gonzo Blockbusters" episode, he asks what recent movie has offered continuous wild spectacle and great storytelling, and I tensed up in apprehension that he'd nominate The Last Jedi. I was most pleased, therefore at his actual answer. :p

The problems with the TLJ, for me at least, are that the spectacle is mostly lacking and the storytelling is lacking. The story itself and the ideas contained therein are fantastic. I also feel that way about the prequels, however. But TLJ is still way better than the prequels.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

(please ignore the fact this is from the 'cancelled' Max Landis)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol he was cancelled too? Worse thing I can think of that he did was that he started the whole "Rey is a Mary Sue" bullshit (even I jumped on the bandwagon a while ago smh :dodgy: )...

Yeah actually now that I think about it it makes sense, carry on! (Kidding, kidding!)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not a matter of him being "cancelled," it's that people don't like those who assault women, it's no light matter. In any case this probably isn't the time or place to discuss it, so I will say no more.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
51131046227_245e6f1cf3[1].jpg

The Royal Ocean Film Society posted an excellent video about fanedits (as mentioned here):

I really enjoyed it (thanks Andy if you're reading this :) ).

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ Yeah that was entertaining and interesting. Too bad he had to undermine his credibility with his mispronunciation of GIF. šŸ˜œ

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This guy almost always seems to eloquently and with proper research put into words my feelings about a given film subject. This is no exception. But I could do without his little mini films about a coconut.

Top Bottom