• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Film Video Essay Thread

Proof the people in charge of the Oscars 'best editing' award are idiots: 

Paging Dr. @"Gaith" ...

^ Aye, that popped up in my feed! A fun little tribute which makes some great points, especially the part about Imhotep being a powerful supernatural villain, but not so powerful he can't be battled at all. I think that's a big part of why superhero movies are doing so well - both sides are powered, so the playing field is leveled in a more interesting way that both sides simply having guns. Thing is, superhero movies aren't exactly adventure movies, because they tend to miss that element of journeying into a new and unknown land. (John Carter had that element, but I don't think that movie works for all kinds of other reasons.)

And if The Mummy 2 had pitted our heroes against vampires... yeah, I wish Sommers had gone there.

Nice look at the thinking of Scorsese's regular editor Thelma Schoonmaker Powell:

Paging Dr. @"Gaith" again: "Watching The Mummy With An Actual Egyptologist"

If you want to understand why The Snowman (2017) was such a disaster: 

wilhelm scream said:
If you want to understand why The Snowman (2017) was such a disaster: 

Woof. Watching that hurt my brain (in a good way).

... Also:

^ I started with Lindsay Ellis' video, and when it was done, assumed there wouldn't be enough more to say about it all to justify an hour-long video from Maggie Mae Fish... and I was wrong! Both are worth watching, and in that order.

On a whim, I went YouTube-surfing for a positive review of my beloved The Core. And, guess what? I found one! From only a few months ago. Sweet! :D

Neil's guide to making films:

Chris Hartwell released a video about his edits on the Hobbit trilogy. Great stuff in there. I reached out to him for the links and invited him to join fanedit.org and he replied saying he’s seriously considering it. Hopefully we’ll see him here soon, he seems like a really nice, upbeat guy!

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I  could get an HD version of the alternate ending for Rambo: first blood? 

Is it on any of the blu rays?

Thanks 

Grayson -

Back
Top Bottom