• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

the Fellowship's Musical Journey (DVD & Xvid online)

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone's interested: the dvd is available on Rapidshare

pm me if you want it

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stonehenge said:
If anyone's interested: the dvd is available on Rapidshare

pm me if you want it

Why dont you post the links here?

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
took me a long time to upload the dvd, i wouldn't want the links to get reported and files deleted

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It hasn't been a real problem before. Fanedit.org has thousands of public Rapidshare links.

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the links for the DVD (PAL) are on Rapidshare

i hope you enjoy, please leave a comment

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1 download of the xvid clip
1 download of the dvd
:roll:

C'mon don't hold back, it's a really good watch

Faustus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've downloaded your sample and thought it was quite good.
You have a PM.

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Faustus said:
I've downloaded your sample and thought it was quite good.

Thanks Faustus, i'm glad you like it 8)

Let me give you all a rundown of what this fanedit consists of:
The Fellowship's Musical Journey is a tribute to the original OST of LOTR1 by Howard Shore
I've taken out all of Enya's bits :p and so ended up with 16 tracks to which i added video.
i combined the Council of Elrond and The Ring goes south into 1 track because of Elrond being rather short.
Most tracks have still some narration, dialogue or soundFX. Audio track 2 has OST music only.
Track 14 The Great River only has music, no second audio track was necessary.
Track 15 Amon Hen only has the combined OST and dialogue, Boromir's death scene came out quite spectacular with the OST so prominent IMO.

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tracklist:

1) The Prophecy: one prologue to rule them all

2) Concerning Hobbits: the happiest tune of the lot, the only clip for all ages

3) Shadow of the Past: "Why shouldn't i keep it?" mumbles Bilbo, seemingly unaware of the dark history of the ring, culminating in the murder by Sméagol (taken from the LOTR3 prologue)

4) The treason of Isengard: aka the Battle of the old-timers

5) The Black Rider: the hobbits are being followed by a wraith

6) at the sign of the prancing pony: while sheltering in a tavern, they still manage to attract the attention of the wraiths

7) a Knife in the dark: on Weathertop the boys battle it out with you know who, luckily assisted by Aragorn

08) Flight to the ford: the wraiths persue on horseback, unaware of the raging river

9) Many Meetings: just a random MTV style collection of rendez-vous, hence the title

10) The council of Elrond & the ring goes south: the Fellowship is formed and departs

11) Journey in the dark: they venture in the mines of Moira...

12) the bridge of Khazad Dum: Beware the Orcs, the crumbling bridge and the fiery demon from below

13) Lothlorien: Saddened by the death of Gandalf, they seek solace in Lothlorien

14) The Great River: en route to Amon Hen

15) Amon Hen: Boromir bites the dust, who needs a happy ending?

Still waiting for a formal review (Faustus gave the thumbs up already for track 11)

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: A Musical Journey was a great concept for a fanedit (and is now a live show) and was executed incredibly well by ADM. So I was quite excited to see Stonehenge take on Howard Shore's soundtrack to Lord of the Rings.

The DVD menu is a very plain static menu with a couple of small buttons scattered on it. It is not hard to use but isn't particularly inspiring. It does the job but I would like to have seen a bit more effort put into this.

The film's picture quality is a bit soft, but there are no bad frames or hard cuts and everything is edited well. Titles are very simplistic non-antialiased Arial and seem more like burned-in DVD subtitles. They don't interfere with the picture though.

There are 2 audio tracks - one is the soundtrack with some occasional dialogue, the other is music-only. After a while I decided the soundtrack with dialogue just wasn't my cup of tea and I changed to the music-only soundtrack. Editing-wise I can't fault either, and the blending of the dialogue was for the most part achieved well.

As I said before I loved the concept and it was pulled off quite well. I hope the editor or someone considers doing this with the other 2 films in the trilogy.

DVD presentation: 2 out of 5.
Picture quality: 3.5 out of 5.
Audio quality: 4 out of 5.
Editing: 4 out of 5.
Entertainment: 4 out of 5.

Overall: 4 out of 5.

18596830yi7.png

Varilion

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is someone making a cover for this?

Will there be a musical journey for The Two Towers and Return of the King maby...?

Top Bottom