• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Fall of Sherlock by ranger613

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Brief Synopsis:

This edit presents the entire Moriarty arc of BBC's Sherlock in one film-- not dispersed over four episodes as in the original. London's most famous "amateur" detective gets his regular routine of solving kidnappings and thefts rattled when faced with a new game of terror: he is given a limited amount of time to solve five challenges by an unknown madman or innocent people will be blown up. As he races against the clock, Sherlock and Watson realize that they are moving deeper into an international network of crime and terrorism centered around one elusive individual: Moriarty. Eventually the game threatens to cost Sherlock everything: his career, his friends, and life... you'll be caught up in the action as soon as it kicks in and its a non stop ride from there.

Intention:
I enjoyed the Moriarty arc from Sherlock, a great show in its own right, but I never liked the unresolved cliffhanger at the end of the Series 1 finale which was left unaddressed until the Series 2 finale-- there were problems with continuity by doing this, in my opinion, as it made Moriarty suddenly become irrelevant for two whole episodes. This cut presents the story in one go. Moriarty is a threat from start to finish. It combines "The Great Game" and the "Reichenbach Falls" to give the audience a roller coaster ride that will thrill and entertain both newcomers and fans alike.

Additional Notes:
Combines "The Great Game" and "Reichenbach Falls" episodes

Special Thanks:
Zarius

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewToAllThis said:
I'd love to see this!
Hi [MENTION=29200]NewToAllThis[/MENTION] , I'll send you the links :)

fblakin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ranger I watched Walking Dead I would now like to watch The Fall of Sherlock.
Thank you
Fred

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fblakin said:
Thank you
Fred

No prob Fred, I PM'd you links

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review posted to IFDB:

I'm a huge fan of the BBC Sherlock series so I was interested in watching this edit. I didn't read any of the editor's intentions or cutlist before watching. But I had an idea of where it was going considering the title.

Overall this edit worked pretty well. I know the episodes almost by heart so there were some things I missed that I had enjoyed. But obviously things needed to be cut like Irene Adler, and the reporter and the fact that Jim Moriarty is an actor. And I did miss that the Nina Simone "Sinner Man" sequence was cut short, although it was definitely not critical that we see a female guard take a stick of gum out of Moriarty's pocket!

While this edit was enjoyable I do prefer just watching the episodes. But ranger managed to present a nice condensed story, cutting out necessary elements (that, had they been kept in, would have led to plot inconsistencies). For the most part the editing was invisible, like I said, knowing these episodes inside and out made it hard not to notice when things were cut (but this was not due to bad editing, just to my good memory!).

Nice work.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Review posted to IFDB:

I'm a huge fan of the BBC Sherlock series so I was interested in watching this edit. I didn't read any of the editor's intentions or cutlist before watching. But I had an idea of where it was going considering the title.

Overall this edit worked pretty well. I know the episodes almost by heart so there were some things I missed that I had enjoyed. But obviously things needed to be cut like Irene Adler, and the reporter and the fact that Jim Moriarty is an actor. And I did miss that the Nina Simone "Sinner Man" sequence was cut short, although it was definitely not critical that we see a female guard take a stick of gum out of Moriarty's pocket!

While this edit was enjoyable I do prefer just watching the episodes. But ranger managed to present a nice condensed story, cutting out necessary elements (that, had they been kept in, would have led to plot inconsistencies). For the most part the editing was invisible, like I said, knowing these episodes inside and out made it hard not to notice when things were cut (but this was not due to bad editing, just to my good memory!).

Nice work.
Thanks for taking the time to watch and review this edit Gatos, and I appreciate the kind words. Cheers! :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NewToAllThis said:
I'd love to see this!

fblakin said:
Thank you
Fred

Please do not clog up the thread with requests for links. If you can't find it on info, send a PM to the editor. Read Using This Site and The Rules (top of most every page) if you need more information.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's especially redundant because they are on Info.

To any newcomers reading this, please please also read The FAQ.

Top Bottom