• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Exorcist

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone else caught this show?

It's not a great show by any means, but the story is pretty good (all things considered), the script solid and the acting is strong, particularly from Ben Daniels, Alan Ruck and Geena Davis.

Considering the car crash it could of been it's far better than expected and is worth a watch if you're curious about it.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am following it.
But i wait for some good possessed action with the girl and that old bastard who's playing the devil or evil is a very bad idea in this show
You must see the evil only in the girl with great effects, but for so far the show is pretty good

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the first episode. Unfortunately things went downhill from there in my opinion. The strong suit was a very charismatic priest, who lost his charm more and more. The demonic possession part was handled simply cunfusing as well as the exorcism techniques and the results. I stopped after 6 episodes. In the end I expected it to be disappointing and disappointing it was.

Attackosaur

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just been catching up on this. I was very down on the idea after it gave me a real sci-fi channel original kinda vibe. Grown to really like it though. I agree with Maniac that the old guy as the demon took a lot away from the horror of it, though. It bugs me a little that everything is so overexplained. There's little mystery to it. Though, overall, I thought it was great. The two priests were great and Geena Davis and Alan Ruck were brill, too. Some of the exorcism stuff is incredible, particularly the bit in South America at the start. Hope they get a second series, even if it trailed off a bit towards the end.

1972 man

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seems like Morgan Creek Productions CEO finally got his TV series...

Top Bottom