• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

THE EXORCIST, 40th anniversary Preservation (the version you haven't seen since 1973)

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very interested in this preservation Good Doctor... Thanks for all your hard work...

S

steFANedit

dr.sapirstein said:
...The cons, so far, have been "why is the image so green at times, it's supposed to be blue!" (No-it-isn't!).

That thing has always fascinated me; how history can be rewritten and people (with time) will accept it as the real thing.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed! Dr. Sapirstein, you're my new hero. Botched special editions of horror films needs a Harmy-like preservationist just as badly as Star Wars did (I already have Suspiria ready to watch). :)

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, and sorry for the late release, this will be up in a few hours.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steFANedit said:
That thing has always fascinated me; how history can be rewritten and people (with time) will accept it as the real thing.

Indeed. Whether it's The Exorcist, Star Wars, THX1138 or any other film, this kind of revisionism p**s me off (probably more than it should)...

S

steFANedit

dr.sapirstein said:
...this kind of revisionism p**s me off (probably more than it should)...

Well for you it's just the right amount; you're one of these people that says, "well if you @$$holes not gonna do it right
I guess I have to do it myself!" and my hat of to you sir for that.

palamedes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I have been waiting for this cut, after seeing the original cut on the Warner DVD.

The thing I was afraid of didn't happen. In the scene where Reagan's mother is trying to call her husband, a few seconds are cut in the 2000 version. She shouts 'I've been on this f*ckinf line for twenty minutes', or something like that. I oonly noticed that because I onze made a hybrid version from the Directors Cut and the original; the new version without the CGI additions, no spider walk scene and the original ending.

Doctor, thanks a lot! Now we can watch the movie as it was intended to be!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
any chance for a download of those cover arts? The link for artwork on IFDB just had the previews.

Really looking forward to watching this soon.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the nice feedbacks guys!
As for the covers (of The Exorcist as well as other edits'), I never finished them, just the fronts and sides to use as mock-ups for the boxes' previews. I'll try and finish/re-do them soon and will post them here and on the blog.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dr.sapirstein said:
Thanks for the nice feedbacks guys!
As for the covers (of The Exorcist as well as other edits'), I never finished them, just the fronts and sides to use as mock-ups for the boxes' previews. I'll try and finish/re-do them soon and will post them here and on the blog.

thanks, Doc :)

WrathofLucas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic! The Exorcist is without a doubt my favourite horror movie. I picked up the 1997 DVD last year and was so pleased I managed to track it down. But now you've gone an extra bit further to recreate the theatrical version. Can't wait to watch this.

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The work gone into this is nothing short of incredible. I'm a huge fan of Dr Saperstein. Unfortunately, also having a huge problem with the green tint. Although I have faith in Saperstein's assertion that the movie should be that green, I'm still finding it very distracting. Is it possible that you have gone too far into the green spectrum? I'm very curious as this is an astounding preservation and I would love to hear from you about the green colouring.

WrathofLucas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm that sounds worrying. I did see some comparison shots (although quite tiny) and it looked ok from there.

Also what is the source for the mono track? The VHS?

goremeister

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone. I'm new here and there's a discussion about this edit on avmaniacs.com since there was talk about the new blu-ray being released in October. DS, where did you get your inspiration to create this edit? Is there a website that discusses what this was supposed to look like in 73? I posted your comparison picks and I get comments like the one below:

Frankly I think this notion that THE EXORCIST has "the wrong color timing" is pure snake-oil. While Friedkin has obviously been guilty of tampering with his films' looks in the past, THE EXORCIST Blu-ray transfer was approved by cinematographer Owen Roizman, who famously was very pissed off at the original Blu-ray release of THE FRENCH CONNECTION. I'll take his word on how the film is supposed to look over some guy on the internet.

Top Bottom