• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Evil Dead I - The Treasures Collection

A

AvP

dddqo8.jpg

by SeeNoEvil
DISC FORMATS: Double-layer DVD-R / NTSC / 4:3 / Dolby Digital 2.0

This disc is the third & final release of 'The Evil Dead - The Treasures Collection' DVD, unless any improved quality bootleg video material becomes available in the future.

This is also the third release of this Evil Dead DVD-ROM folder. Having added so much new material, the DVD-ROM folder project has now become too big to fit with everything else on the 'Evil Dead - The Treasures Collection' DVD. Rather than remove some of the less important/rare items, and continue trying to fit everything onto one disc, all future DVD-ROM folder releases will be as a standalone DVD DATA disc.

If you have any rare material or higher quality versions of any exisiting items you'd like to conribute to this project and share with other evil dead fans, I'd really like to hear from you. You can PM (private message) me as user 'SeeNoEvil' on the DeaditesOnline.net or realmofhorror.co.uk message boards, or user 'See No Evil' on the OriginalTrilogy.com or horrordvds.com forums.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- PLEASE NOTE -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A NUMBER OF EVIL DEAD FANS HAVE CONTRIBUTED THEIR OWN ORIGINAL MATERIAL TO THIS DVD PROJECT ON THE STRICT UNDERSTANDING THAT IT, AND ESPECIALLY THEIR PART OF IT, WHILE BEING COPIED & SHARED FREELY AS PART OF THIS DVD, WILL NOT BE SOLD FOR PERSONAL GAIN OR PUBLISHED ON THE INTERNET OR ANY OTHER MEDIUM OUTSIDE OF THIS DVD.

ASSEMBLING PROJECTS LIKE THIS, RELIES ON THE GOODWILL OF OTHER EVIL DEAD FANS SHARING THEIR MATERIAL. THEY WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO FUTURE PROJECTS IF YOU IGNORE THIS.

REMEMBER; IF YOU PERSONALLY IGNORE THIS WARNING, YOU PERSONALLY SCREW UP FUTURE PROJECTS FOR ME, AND EVERYONE ELSE.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= INTRODUCTION -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I Have produced alot of Evil Dead trilogy related creative material over the last 15 years, as it had a big impression on me when I first saw them when I was 13. I decided to compile it all in one place and release it as a preservarion project in a DVD-ROM folder, Everything in the 'My Pet Projects folder was either entirely my own original work, or modified my me (except where specifically stated). The other root folder; 'Misc Sourced Stuff' is made from various sources; items I have found on random sites present & past, magazines, DVDs, etc, and of course traded for & donated by other die hard Evil Dead fans for this preservation project.

All my work presented here, is for informational purposes only, while I still retain full copyright specifically over my own work. I would kindly ask that people respect the notice above, and also that this DVD-ROM folder remain intact & complete should you want to share it with other people.

Each folder has its own title below, explaining what it is, giving any technical information needed as well as a bit of background about it. The numbers in the title give the date or the period over which the project was made.

A number of my personal projects were designed using Adobe Photoshop in PSD format. This program is expensive, so if you can't get access to it, I would highly recommend GIMP, a freeware OpenSource image editing alternative. Recently I have started using GIMP instead of Photoshop as in many respects it is just a much better application. Gimp can open & edit PSD files but bear in mind they are two separate applications and some specific layer & text effects don't translate exactly, so I have included images in both a PSD, and a 'fixed' XCF file format where this would matter (XCF is to GIMP as PSD is to Photoshop). you can get the GIMP program here; http://www.gimp.org/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= MISC SOURCED STUFF ROOT FOLDER =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Misc Files & Downloads
----------------------

Here you'll find a number of misc files and downloads made available over the internet in the past. One internal folder contains all the specifically evil dead related fonts around on the internet as of 2008. Although not at all rare, they're all collected together in this folder for future preservation. Inside this, there is also another folder with details of further (purchase only) fonts. Other items include the old C64 Palace Evil Dead game along with an emulator, among other things.

Offline Sites & Forums
----------------------

This contains backup of some Evil Dead individual forum threads & webspages of note as well as an entire forums and some whole site preservations.

In 1990's when the forums for Ode To Ash started up, it became the most popular place for Evil Dead fans and many people contributed bits of information making a massive database, then this forum disappeared from the scene. To a lesser extent DeaditesOnline.net later rekindled the online interest, but again after afew years this forum too went down and everything again was lost. Although DeaditesOnline is presently back up after starting from scratch, its not what it was. I decided to create an offline backup of all the useful forums & threads of note currently around (as of 2008) to preserve what collected information there is out there for years to come. I also contacted the webmaster and managed to get various backups of the entire Ode To Ash website. You can find out more on this preservation project in the ReadMe of the RAR file

Photos, Pictures & Artwork
--------------------------

In here you'll find many of the rarer internet sourced images & artwork I have built up over the years from various websites, as well as alot of random images too. All the images are seperated out into relevant folders and properly named & sorted.

Rare Magazine PDFs
------------------

This folder contains a number of files;

Cinefantastique - Volume 23 Number 1 (August 1992)
Fangoria #23 (November 1982)
Fangoria #27 (April 1983)
GASP #2 Fanzine (Mike Baronas)
The Evil Dead - Japanese Movie Programme (1985)
Video Watchdog - No 46 (1998)

Each magazine has been scanned in at a high resolution and converted into a PDF file. You'll need Adobe Acrobat 5+ or equivalent to read. This is far from an exaustive list of Evil Dead related magazines & articles, but it will give you a chance to look at some of the rarer items, and I have also included a broader text file list of further evil dead related reading material.

Text Files
----------

This contains a number of evil dead trilogy related text files sourced from various places.

Video & Fan Films
-----------------

contains a couple of evil dead inspired fan made short films, along with some random video material found on the internet through the years.

Within The Woods Material
-------------------------

As Within The Woods holds a special place for me; This is a folder with material specifically related to Within The Woods, and it's subsequent bootleg release, as well as the other super 8 shots and the guys early super 8 film making days. Some of these items are duplicated in other folders, this folder just pulls everything together.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- MY PET PROJECTS ROOT FOLDER -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Book Of The Dead Premiere Replicas (2009)
-----------------------------------------

These are a couple of little projects I did in some spare time. Here you'll find replicas of the Book Of The Dead premiere tickets and a replica of the Book Of The Dead Promotional Badge.

The BOTD tickets can be printed out on card. I would recommend a card weight of something between 300-400g to get the right feel, and you can look at original tickets images to colour match it. You'd need to print out the front, then run it through the printer again to do the back of the ticket. (printing again in exactly the same place on the reverse side) Then cut it out using the cropping lines in each corner as a cutting guide.

The badge template is intended to be used on a 2" button badge as per the original, but could be resized for different badges if you know what you are doing. You'll need to either own a badge press & materials or take it to a store to get it made up. I have included both a JPEG version and an XCF version. Make sure you turn off the inner design boundry guides layer, otherwise these will also print and be viewable on your finished badge. You can also see a photo of an original badge for comparison.

BOTD Sculpt (Uncompleted) Project (2006)
----------------------------------------

This was a pet project that came about because of EvilDeadChainsaws.com. My original intention with EDC was to do a different background for each saw rather than just use the workshed backdrop for all three. In the end thats what I did, but you can see the unused cellar backdrop for the 'Cabin' chainsaw in the EvilDeadChainsaws.com folder. As part of the 'Cabin' chainsaw backdrop I wanted to have the book of the dead in the background. Just before this sculpt was completed I decided to stick with the workshed background and this was never finished as I was so busy with other things, and there was little point in finishing just to sell them as it would have breached Tom Sullivan's fearcly protected copyright. The clay eventually got used for something else. If I had finished this I would have made a plaster mould of this allowing me to produce liquid latex book covers, then I would have most likely scanned, printed & aged the pages from the Evil Dead book of the dead DVD, to reproduce the inside pages.

BOTD (Uncompleted Evil Dead Re-Edit) Project Test Clips (2008)
--------------------------------------------------------------

This one was started around May of 2008, but was put on the back burner due to other commitments. The original project was to take Evil Dead and edit back in some of the raw footage found in 'Treasures From The Cutting Room Floor' (from the Anchor Bay Ultimate Edition DVD) & the raw footage from the Elite DVD. The film would also be re-titled to 'Book Of The Dead'.

Here you can see 3 test clips showing my work as far as it got. 'Matte Repair Test.mpg' was a test sequence to see if I could repair a bad/unused matte, buy matting together two seperate shots. 'Title Test.mpg' is the new title sequence, and 'Wood Chopping Scene Test Edit.mpg' shows the two shots I thought would be hardest to fit back into the film. The wood chopping shot & Ellen taunting Bruce. All these sequences are very rough cuts without colour matching or complete audio, but will give you some idea of what I wanted to do.

Cinefantastique Cover (Writing Removed) (2008)
----------------------------------------------

This is the cover of Cinefantastique magazine (Volume 23 Issue Number 1 - August 1992). I Scanned in the Magazine cover in Photoshop CS2, cleaned up the spine creases & wear and removed all the lettering leaving only the artwork. It was scanned at 300dpi so it could be printed out as a much larger poster. You'll find the full magazine in the 'Evil Dead Rare Magazine PDFs' folder.

Evil Dead 1 Lego Plans & Stop Motion Animation (2005)
-----------------------------------------------------

This was a project to make a short lego stop-motion animation version of 'Evil Dead', although this project has been long since abandoned. Firstly I designed complex plans in Microsoft Publisher to allow me to work out the exact layout of the cabin, exactly what parts I would need and how all they would all fit together, along with the locations of things like the trees, workshed, barn and the graves dug outside in respect to the position of the cabin, and their scales in relation to each other.

Then I designed & built a wooden motion control camera rig to allow the camera movements needed for the animation. With this rig the camera could track forward & backward & left & right, track up & down, and rotate 360 degrees in any direction (facing up/down & backward/forwards) With all the movement combined the camera can sit level with the ground, or upto 50cm above it. It can track 4ft forward & back, 3ft side to side. The camera mount itself can rotate horizontally or vertically 360 degrees in a full sphere. The whole lower portion of the rig can slide to either end of the table to allow shooting over the whole length of the 8ft set. You could also use any combination of the above at the same time and all moving in tiny increments via turning the various threaded bars to achieve complex camera moves. Once built the final size of the whole cabin/forest area I was building (to scale) was 8ft by 6ft, but this didn't include the bridge or most of the path to the cabin.

The project was abandoned because the wooden rig just wasn't rigid enough and even the slightest fraction of a wobble could ruin a shot. That said the basic ideas & mechanisms were all sound and I did draw up plans for a scaff-pole version which would have worked. The wood rig in total cost about £60 (+ Lego), The scaff-pole version would have worked out many times that price but I didn't have a pile of money to spend on starting from scratch so it got put on the back burner, and I moved onto other projects.

Here you can see photos covering the building process of the motion control rig, and the Publisher plans & parts lists should you want to build your own lego cabin. Although the plans are designed using lego parts, the basic layout, scale and orientation of the real cabin & surrounding area/buildings is identical, so they may be useful for other things too.

Evil Dead 2 Crew T-Shirt Logo (2008)
------------------------------------

This is a copy of the cast & crew T-shirt logo from Evil Dead 2. This would be printed 1:1 onto a white t-shirt to match the original. The source picture was taken from an ebay auction for an original crew t-shirt, and restored to produce a usable image. The design consists of 3 solid printed colours; black, red & blue, with the t-shirt poviding the white background. The design is aliased to give you sharp lines for screenprinting. Included are PNG, PSD (photoshop) & XCF (GIMP) versions, The PSD version has each of the 4 colours on seperate layers to make it easy to convert them into screenprint masking frames

Evil Dead BBFC Certification Title Card (2002)
----------------------------------------------

I made this for another project, but added the Evil Dead title and included it here. Its a reproduction of the BBFC certification title card for Evil Dead as seen on the 1990 Palace Pictures VHS re-release among a vast list of other UK released titles from the early 1980's into the 1990's. You can edit the film title text to suit. It also includes the '15' as well as the '18' logo and cropping guides for use in either 2.35:1, 1.85:1 or 1.33:1 aspect ratio projects. You'll need Adobe Photoshop CS2 or later to open the PSD file, or it can be used in Adobe Premiere for a fake BBFC certification sequence. an XCF version is also included.

I have also included a Composited example, this was done by cropping the 2.35:1 frame down to 1.33:1 using the cropping guides, flattening the image, adding a 1.5px 'gaussian blur', then appyling a grain filter to give the final image.

Evil Dead Credits Jazz Track (2008)
-----------------------------------

Although this is in 'My Pet Projects' folder, Complete sole credit for this goes to James who found this track after alot of seaching. This is the jazz music track which plays during Evil Dead & over the end credits, it's a piece of library music titled "Jazz Traditional - Charleston". It's available from www.dittybase.com. Unfortunately, being a piece of library music, you can only get it if you license it for a production, and it's very, very expensive to do so. So this is a version ripped from the preview file (which is the full cue, just in lesser quality). In the folder you'll find two audio files; an uncompressed WAV file and a 256k MP3 file as well, as well as the various track details in a word doc file.

Evil Dead Palace Pictures VHS Pre-Cert - Artwork Only (2008)
------------------------------------------------------------

Here are 2 images, the front & back cover of the Palace Pictures 1982 VHS release of Evil Dead with the original painting by Graham Humphreys. In making the DVD cover for the 'Treasures Collection' I took the original VHS cover and removed all of the lettering allowing me to as my own text in keeping with the original style, but I have included the artwork only images here. They were scanned at 600dpi so they could be printed out as a much larger posters.

Evil Dead Palace VHS Artwork Plate (2002)
-----------------------------------------

This is an artwork only front cover plate of the Palace Pictures 1990 VHS re-release of The Evil Dead with the original painting by Graham Humphreys. I Scanned in the VHS cover in Photoshop CS2, cleaned up the spine creases and removed all the lettering leaving only the artwork. I've included both the JPEG version & the larger PSD (photoshop) version. It was scanned at 600dpi so it could be printed out as a much larger poster.

Evil Dead Signed Artwork Plate (2002)
-------------------------------------

This is a composite image I made to display in a frame with a number of other evil dead related pictures. Its composited from 2 pages from 'The Evil Dead (Book Of The Dead Limited Edition)' with the artwork by Tom Sullivan, and the signatures of Bruce Campbell, Rob Tapert & Sam Raimi taken from one of 200 limited edition signed copies of 'The Evil Dead Companion' UK version. It was scanned at 600dpi so it could be printed out as a much larger poster.

EvilDeadChainsaws.com (2002 - 2008)
-----------------------------------

I ran EvilDeadChainsaws.com from 2005 upto the start of 2008. This was a hobby company selling replica Evil Dead 'hand' chainsaws. Around July of 2002 I bought a Homelite XL chainsaw off EBay. As a pet project, I modified this to make it look like the real working chainsaw from ‘Evil Dead 2’, although this only meant a small amount of work changing the handle shape and adding a grill to the side, and I was happy to leave it at that.

Before starting EDC I spent much of my spare time working on a range of special effects gags in my spare time; like trick machetes & compressed air squibs. I was sinking money into new ideas like there was no tomorrow, but not doing anything with them once they were finished, so not seeing any return on the money I was investing. Around 2005 someone suggested I should try to sell some of my effects rather than just making & storing each one, then moving on to the next idea. After a few months thinking about it I thought the best way to start out would be to keep it simple and concentrate on one really good idea, maybe introducing other items later on, and any profits could be used to fund additional new effects ideas without spending vast amounts of my own money. During this period I discovered NightmareGloves.com run by Anders Eriksen in Denmark, He makes replica Freddy Kruger gloves. He gave me the idea to do much the same thing; find a prop I can replicate and setup a website selling them. After a little research I settled upon the chainsaw from ‘Evil Dead 2’. From May to December of 2005 I prototyped the idea until I knew I could make something I could sell. I launched the website around December of 2005 with the first of the 3 model saws; the workshed saw. The remaining two saw models were designed & added to the website by the middle of 2006.

After I first started EDC I found out about the first Toronto run of Evil Dead The Musical, and I emailed them in December of 2005 to see if they’d be interested in buying one of my saws. The production run that was well underway at that point and they decided to stick with the trusted props they already had rather than chopping & changing mid production run. In May of 2006, I was emailed back regarding the upcoming New York production and it went from there. To date I have supplied saws to the 2006 New York run, the 2007 Toronto run & the 2008 Korean Run. Tom Sullivan has one of my saws in his travelling Evil Dead museum, this was one of the first two chainsaws supplied to the 2006 New York run, although by now it looks rather sorry for itself, being battered & broken after all the abuse its taken. The Muscial's saws were a fine compromise between reducing the weight to the bear minimum (as the actor has to dance around with it), making it very easy to maintain, and trying to keep the look right. Having leant lessons from each previous saw, I feel the final pair of saws sent to the Korean run came very close to achieving this fine balance. I also introduced many of the improvements from the musical's saws into my standard line of saws, if they survived the musical run relativly intact then they would easily be strong enough for the odd fancy dress party.

At the start of 2007 I decided to stop making Deluxe 'working' saws and consentrate on the standard three saws. This was for a number of reasons, but mainly because they took so much time to make. A 'working' saw took roughly 5 times longer to make than a 'non-working' saw. I also always had issues finding a reliable supplier of battery packs as the individual batteries had to be configured in a particular (non-standard) way to fit into the tight space inside the saw. The price of a deluxe saw was only double that of a standard saw, and I was never able to find a happy balance between getting a decent price for each saw, and making the price low enough so that units were sold. Those factors combined coupled with the fact I also had a full time job working in special effects, meant I had to make a choice.

I called time on EvilDeadChainsaws around the start of 2008. Even only producing 'standard' chainsaws, all my spare time was being eaten up, which left me no time to spend on making other new effects gags, and that was the reason EDC was started. Because I was investing any spare money I made into prototyping new modifications or getting new equipment specifically for producing chainsaws, I wasn't really earning anything out of it either. Finally I decided to pull the plug and move on. I produced my final two chainsaws at the end of 2007, and I think they are my best work, one was made for me, and one for my final customer (pic 1050-1057).

In the 'Prototyping & Production Progress Raw Photos' you can see the vast majority of my personal photo album covering every point of EDC's history; from that first Homelite XL chainsaw bought on Ebay in 2002, prototyping the first chainsaw and building the workshed background, how the chainsaws were constructed, the Musical's various chainsaws, right up to the end in 2008. As you will be able to see from the photo collection, with every saw I produced I learned lessons and made little improvements in the look or construction; to make it stronger and lighter.
I have taken out some photos that didn't come out (blurred, over & under exposed, and multiples of identical angle shots taken using different camera settings) The photos run in chronological order.

The 'Offline Website' is the most complete form of my EDC.com website. over the years bits have been added and removed, but I've tried to include everything in here. Obviously as EDC is no longer going, you cannot order a chainsaw so its just presented here for informational & preservation purposes.

I have additionally included 'EDC Deluxe Saw Instructions.pdf'. This is the instruction manual sold with all three of the deluxe chainsaws just to give you an idea of how they worked. You'll need Adobe Acrobat 5+ or equivalent to read.

From Within The Woods (1996)
----------------------------

This was a fan short movie loosely based on Evil Dead & Within The Woods (although I had only read about WTW at that point, not seen it) made in 1996. It was shot in Durham, in the north of England in some woods I knew the owners of.

We basically made it up as we went along. I was the only character, and my very longsuffering friend Will (who wasn't into Evil Dead one bit), was the camera & sound man. Using a VHS 8mm camcorder we shot around 24mins of raw footage over one day, with various ideas that didn't make the final edit such as my character escaping across the river, and the monster running onto a knife I was holding & dying. following the shoot, Will edited together the finished film. He produced 3 slightly different versions, and you can watch all three. A straightforward edit, a 1.85:1 matted widescreen version and a widescreen black & white strobing version.

about 2 years later in 1998, Will & I attempted a re-shoot along the same lines, but with a higher quality Hi8 camcorder, and a little film experience behind us. during the shoot Will's camera developed a fault and the shoot was abandoned towards the end of the day, although we still got around 19mins of raw footage. It could have been something to do with me attaching Will's camera to a fishing line rig between two trees 100yds apart on a hill, then me letting it go at the top and it sliding down to Will catching it at the bottom to get the fast tracking shot shown in the film. (looking back all those years, thats something to which I still feel guilty about, even though to this day, Will assures me that wasn't the problem) Around the same time I got a PC with editing capabilites I re-edited both shoots into my own version. Now 13 years later I really prefer Will's original edits to my own re-edit.

The 1995 shoot was the first film Will & I had collaborated on, although Will had done a drama film the year before while still as school. We went on to shoot a number of bigger films together (with others involved) in the years after this, but none related to Evil Dead. Now we've both moved on; Will runs his own award winning production company with a number of staff producing throughout the north of England, and I live in london working in movie special effects. I still have all the raw footage from both shoots and look upon those times very fondly though.

Both files are encoded with DivX 6.1.1 video and MP3 audio. As the editing setup I had at the time I did my edit wasn't exactly amazing, you may notice a slight frame skip every second on my version, This is on the video and not your hardware at fault.

Sam Raimi Shorts DVD Covers (2007)
----------------------------------

Here are two DVD covers made for Sam Raimi super8 shorts DVDs really just designed for personal use.

The first one is a DVD cover for Within the woods, with the design based around super8 film stock. The back image is the reverse of the front like you would see looking though film cell, with blood spatter on the front which you can see through from the back, and 8mm white film leader used as the spine. For anyone who doesn't know, 'Heads' can be written on the leader at the start of a piece of film, and 'Tails' at the other end (sometimes both along with the films title), This is done so its obvious which way round the film is wound on its reel.

I have also included a uncomplete alternate shorts DVD cover. I got as far as you can see with this before changing the design into the below cover instead. The Within The Woods DVD cover was done first. I then took the super 8 film cell idea a stage further, reproducing the title screens for a number of the shorts.

Additionally there is a cover for a 'Sam Raimi Super 8 Short Films' DVD. Its based on the 'It's Murder' pencil drawn flyer by Tom Sullivan scanned from the 'Evil Dead Companion' book. I've modified alot of the text keeping the same typeface as the original by re-arranging the letters there were already there and chopping-up/editing those letters to make new letters that I didn't have. The contents list was based on a 2 DVD set with the limited material I had at that time, although I have greatly expanded my collection since. Additionally there is a test DVD menu screenshot in the same style for the shorts DVD, which in the end was never made.

School Projects (1996)
----------------------

In here you'll see various photos of two projects I did while I was still back in school doing my GCSE year. The first is an Ash/Jason crossover figurine, made from clay, polyfilla, cardboard & paper. The second is a model of the Evil Dead 2 cabin, made from foamboard, paper, cardboard, straws & sponge. It also which had a light inside so it lit up.

Scripts & Text Files (2006)
---------------------------

Here are PDF versions of the scripts for 'Within The Woods' & 'The Evil Dead' along with Josh Beckers Journal.

The Evil Dead script is formatted identically to the one you can buy on ebay (and presumably the original script) along with the covers & spelling errors too. Not knowing how the the Within The Woods script was originally formatted, I just replicated the layout of the Evil Dead script. The Journal's text was taken from Josh Beckers website 'http://www.beckerfilms.com' They are all in an old typewriter style font to give them the right kind of feel. You'll need Adobe Acrobat 5+ or equivalent to read. They are sized to print on A4 paper.

If you read the ED script there are afew interesting differences to the finished film, even though the script is only 66 pages long there are a good few lines missing from the first half of the film, but that said you can see how the film works much better having been tightened up. Two other things that come to mind that stuck out; in the script the cellar trapdoor is originally found to be nailed shut, so when it opens by itself later, its much more of a shock. one of the other changes was that when Scotty leaves Ash in the script they part as good friends with Scotty going to get help for them, as opposed to the film where Scotty runs out on Ash leaving him to fend for himself.

Its also strange how changing one word in a line of dialogue can make something flow much better, like changing "...I don't know what I would have done if I had remained on THE hot coals burning my pretty flesh..." changed to "...I don't know what I would have done if I had remained on THOSE hot coals burning my pretty flesh..." Also "...like the others before you. We will take you one by one..." to "...like the others before you. One by one we will take you...."

The Evil Dead - The Treasures Collection DVD (2008)
---------------------------------------------------

This is a fan made Evil Dead DVD I have put together & released. If you don't have a copy and would be interested please contact me as per the beginning of this file. To find out more information about this DVD you can look at the readme file in the folder.

Within The Woods Score (incomplete) (2002 - 2008)
--------------------------------------------------

This project started years ago when I first saw Within the woods. This Raimi super8 short was scored with music from other films, and I recogized one or two of the music tracks immediately. I've been needling away at this, updating it every now and then, and have identified all but 4 of the tracks. All tracks are in MP3 format in varying quality.

The unidentified tracks are in their own folder should you want to see if you can identify them. They're captured directly from the original Within the woods audio. Although there are actually 7 unidentified tracks, numbers 4 & 29 are both the same piece of music. 20, 23 & 28 are all the same track too. so I've only included the longest version of each of those 2 tracks. The tracks that have already been identified mostly come from films from the mid to late 70's but the missing tracks could possibly be from much earlier films but nothing later than 1979 when Within the woods was completed.

Here is the OT thread about these discs.
I had downloaded the 3 discs from ... with links found at ....

Because ... is acting like a sucky twat, I decided to ... all 16 gb of it.

So the question is: Can these releases be listed at preserve?

the releases contain material from official releases. thats why they cant go on the website. keep distribution information behind closed doors ;)

Well, that was a disastrous first post!
Sorry about the mention of file hosters but I thought it would be okay since they weren't direct links.
Plus, I didn't search for a Treasures Collection thread.

I'm a n00b... goddammitsomuch... :p

Say, since it's not allowed, why is there a thread already started with all that detail?

zeppelinrox said:
why is there a thread already started with all that detail?

What do you mean?

just like at OT and other places. We can talk about their existence (and that's why we have entire subforums for this kind of stuff), but not where to get them.

Back
Top Bottom