• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The End of Evangelion: Q2 Edition

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
End of Eva Poster.jpg

ORIGINAL RUNTIME: 87 minutes
FANEDIT RUNTIME: 120 minutes

SYNOPSIS: SEELE battles NERV to initiate third impact in the groundbreaking conclusion to the original "Neon Genesis: Evangelion" in a way you've never seen before!

Intention: The final two episodes of "Neon Genesis: Evangelion" and the follow-up movie "The End of Evangelion" are still hotly contested conclusions to a popular franchise over 20 years later. I've always wanted to see a version that combines the two in a single film since the episodes show what's happening in Shinji's mind during instrumentality while the movie shows what's happening in reality.

This is an edited I've wanted to do for years but I only had the original DVD's from the mid-90's, not even the Platinum re-release. Now that a Blu-ray version was finally released in the US I decided to tackle it.

Audio: Classic English* and Japanese
Subtitles: English

* not the version used for Netflix

Last edited:

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you see the rebuild? I'm about halfway through movie #2, super curious how they handled the show Finale + movie

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you see the rebuild? I'm about halfway through movie #2, super curious how they handled the show Finale + movie
I have, yes. Movie 2 was so-so but 3 and 4 are outstanding.

Emskidoodlepip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, thank you so much Q2! I've been planning on something like this, as I really do adore both endings and never saw them as mutually incompatible.

Honestly, I genuinely quite disliked Neon Genesis Evangelion until the final few episodes, finding it a bit crude, exhausting, and seemingly striving to portray its female characters in the most demeaning possible light. So, I've been planning for a while on restoring the original Revival of Evangelion in an expanded form to showcase in one film what it could have been had its later, more artistically-oriented philosophy been held from the start. Taking the first half, Evangelion: Death, and expanding it using the altered Death(True)² structure in addition to footage from the original Neon Genesis Evangelion to make some of the more heavily-abridged sections more watchable to a first-time audience would be a start, and then I was always a bit stuck when it came to Evangelion: Rebirth and integrating the original ending with that of The End of Evangelion... but it seems that you've done that really well! I can't wait to give your edit a watch to see what you've done.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The English subtitles are translations of the Japanese track right? And not just dubtitles for the old dubs?

Jhed13

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sounds amazing. I hated the TV ending but I think seeing it in a better context might make me warm up to it a little

Last edited:

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can I have it? I would love to see it!
Hi @RcCB626 , welcome the FE. As you join the Forum, read the Rules. Including not to ask for fanedits, or links to them, in these public Forum threads.

This is the second time we have to remind you. Don't do it again.

Top Bottom