• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
very sorry for your loss, in march it will be 2 years since my dad passed.
im also now waiting for my mom to pss- but its been a week now- longer than hospice thought.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm in other locations more these days so I gave my condolences elsewhere but I'll repeat them here, so sorry Handman :(

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman, I am so sorry! I am glad you got to be there with him.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There really are no words. I'm so sorry. Please know we feel for you and are here to help in any way we possibly can. Sending love your way.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So sorry to hear.  There is so much grief lately.  I wish you all the best.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Condolences, jswert.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am so sorry to hear about the pain and grief of the passing of your loved ones. Gone from our sight but never from our minds. Take care of yourselves.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well this week has been a little crap..

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's ok to feel down, low and insecure. It is part of the shadow in us all.
What you have done by sharing that darkest part is actually the light in you cutting thru the darkness.

You don't need to a literary genius to write and be engaging. Heck, there are plenty of people out there dumber than any of us doing real great at what they do...WHY? Coz they went for it! That's the light.

If you have vision, share it. If you have a passion, share it. If you dislike something, someone, share it. The key to stepping into the light is to first understand your darkness, the shadow, and then move beyond it. If you write a screenplay which has authenticity, originality or shares relatable experiences, grammar won't get in the way. Imagine reading the screenplay to The Matrix if it had been a literary or grammatical failing? The originality, the concepts, the philosophy and the world it is et in would still have shone thru like a beacon. SO YOU KEEP AT IT! Sure, take a break, reflect, go smell the rose by all means. Then, revisit.

Many years ago I went away on a 3 day retreat in the middle of nowhere with 30 men I had never met. Over the course of 3 days we all shared...light, dark, good bad and so much more. This was moderated by 30 other men, trained in how to run such an event. It changed my life, and I am cynic NUMERO UNO friend.

So, in order

1. I honor your courage to you sharing your shadow with the community. That is HUGE.
2. Explore that darkness, understand it; try to seek out the root. It is only when we embrace ALL of our characteristics (LIGHT & DARK) than we can step into the light.
3. There can be no light without shadows. Understanding will allow you to come to terms with that darkness...the darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it. Both have to be embraced because it is the dark that gives you strength, resilience and above all, perspective thru contrast. Light gives joy, love and purpose.

Share without apologizing, it is not needed. You have done nothing wrong. In fact you have taken a big step in sharing. All of us have these phases in our lives. Anyone who denys it, is not being their authentic self.

I salute you !

If you would like to know more about the retreat I mention, PM me.

WRAITH
Life Mission
"To create a world of loving security thru focused understanding"

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's ok to feel down, low and insecure. It is part of the shadow in us all.
What you have done by sharing that darkest part is actually the light in you cutting thru the darkness.

You don't need to a literary genius to write and be engaging. Heck, there are plenty of people out there dumber than any of us doing real great at what they do...WHY? Coz they went for it! That's the light.

If you have vision, share it. If you have a passion, share it. If you dislike something, someone, share it. The key to stepping into the light is to first understand your darkness, the shadow, and then move beyond it. If you write a screenplay which has authenticity, originality or shares relatable experiences, grammar won't get in the way. Imagine reading the screenplay to The Matrix if it had been a literary or grammatical failing? The originality, the concepts, the philosophy and the world it is et in would still have shone thru like a beacon. SO YOU KEEP AT IT! Sure, take a break, reflect, go smell the rose by all means. Then, revisit.

Many years ago I went away on a 3 day retreat in the middle of nowhere with 30 men I had never met. Over the course of 3 days we all shared...light, dark, good bad and so much more. This was moderated by 30 other men, trained in how to run such an event. It changed my life, and I am cynic NUMERO UNO friend.

So, in order

1. I honor your courage to you sharing your shadow with the community. That is HUGE.
2. Explore that darkness, understand it; try to seek out the root. It is only when we embrace ALL of our characteristics (LIGHT & DARK) than we can step into the light.
3. There can be no light without shadows. Understanding will allow you to come to terms with that darkness...the darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it. Both have to be embraced because it is the dark that gives you strength, resilience and above all, perspective thru contrast. Light gives joy, love and purpose.

Share without apologizing, it is not needed. You have done nothing wrong. In fact you have taken a big step in sharing. All of us have these phases in our lives. Anyone who denys it, is not being their authentic self.

I salute you !

If you would like to know more about the retreat I mention, PM me.

WRAITH
Life Mission
"To create a world of loving security thru focused understanding"

Thank you a lot :)

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey folks, Malthus here.

So I've been relatively silent for the last few months with minimal movement on any of my projects. Suffice to say life has thrown a few curve balls at me and weathering the various storms has left little time and less headspace to focus on editing. There are brighter horizons ahead bit I'm still wading through some pretty weighty stuff.

My various projects have not been forgotten about and neither have you. This community got me through the pandemic, you're fab, I miss you and I look forward to being back and sharing some new content.

Peace and love ✌️

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so after many years of struggling and not
being brave enough to open up and seek help.
I have recently been diagnosed with severe depression disorder and acute anxiety disorder.
that plus my chronic back and hip pains, I am hoping I can finally get disability.
Today starts the next steps, seeing a caseworker and actual doctors.
So I hopefully dont have to take on a second job and work 16 hour days just to make rent and bills.
currently already working 70 hours every 2 weeks and thats not even enough to cover rent.
And after 5 hours at work, my hip and back are killing me and i can barely stand or walk back home.

Top Bottom