• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:

Okay. How about an motivational feel-good movie you love? Or doing something creative that you love? Making something that you feel proud of might help immensely. And finally meditation is very helpful.

I apologize if my suggestions aren’t helping your situation.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now is pretty much the worst imaginable time for such advice, but look at me plowing ahead with it.

I've found a dramatic change of scene does wonders.  A two-week-or-more vacation somewhere very different from where you are right now.  Try to bring as little with you as possible in terms of phones and computers.  Girlfriends are fine.  Doesn't have to be your stereotypical beach getaway, can just be a different city in a different climate/part of the world.  Drink different drinks.  Become a mai tai guy for a couple weeks.

You know, maybe sometime in 2021.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
btw, possessed, you can go back to TWWS, I've been banned there.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know what kind of mushrooms you've been eating but I left that server like 3 months ago and it had nothing to do with you, and I left the other one like a month and a half ago also not because of you.

But this isn't the thread for this. There isn't a thread for this. Don't make one.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mentioned in the Discord that my dad has been hospitalized due to COVID.  Last thing I said was that he was out.  On Christmas, he went back.  Today, he was intubated, meaning he is going to be unconscious until he gets better or doesn't.  Nobody knows where this is going.  I'm terrified.  My dad has been the most important person in my life for a very long time, and I'm not ready for that to end.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
got the call this morning that hospice had to come to nursing home and give my mom comfort meds.
this was an hour into my shift and i had to finish, didnt get to her till 5pm today.
oxygen machine is helping her breathe. now just matter of days.
also add to the fact that at some point the vultures at the law office will come take theirr home( major property taxes owed)
and me and my dogs could end up homeless.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am heading back home today.  Currently at the airport.  It's spooky.  Dad had a very rough morning yesterday and I was told to come home.  So I am.  I don't know how long I will stay, but needless to say it feels like everything is falling apart right now.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm soo sorry. I know you it already but we're here if you need us @"Handman"

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He passed away last night.  I was able to be there for him.  He was always there for me.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry man. I'm glad you were with him.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom