• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
quick update- got a great job delivering and picking up dry cleaning
but due to some recent flooding  in my parents home and years  of damage and my parents refusal to fix anything
im currently gonna have to move probally into goverment housing with my little dog, but sadly i will have to give away y 1 year old black lab mix, as hard as this is after a year, i know its the practical thing to improve her quality of life and mine,
i just cant give her the life she deserves.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a tough situation. Depending on where/how you go about rehoming the lab mix, don't let the inevitable "How dare you get rid of a pet just because you're moving, you monster!" crowd get to you. They'll almost certainly crop up, and to most of them it won't matter that an unexpected life situation is forcing your hand.

You're doing the right thing by rehoming if you're sure you can't provide the quality of life the pup deserves. It's the humane thing to do no matter who tries to tell you otherwise.

Of course, I hope you get lucky and don't have to deal with these type of people, but if you do, just remember that they already have their mind made up about any person giving up a pet before they ever set eyes on your listing (or however you go about it).

Good luck, and congrats on the job!

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My dad once returned a dog to the no-kill kennel a week after getting her because she was tearing everything up. But then he went back and got her the next day because he felt bad and missed her so much.

There's no point to that story, just a little humor. Like chainsawashole said, if you're sure you won't be able to adequately provide for it then you're doing the right thing. Even if it is hard, which I imagine it is.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
its most likely gonna be 1 bed 1 bath small apartment, and this dog needs big yard to run and play and some leash training
and most people can tell its hurting for me to part ways, but i know in long run its the best thing for everyone.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, as someone who's always been a dog person - that's why I have two cats. Because I've always lived in small apartments with little to no yard to speak of, and I'm regularly gone 9-13 hours per day depending on my current work schedule. I couldn't do that to a dog (or a single cat, hence getting two so they can keep each other company while I'm gone).

I'm happy you're thinking of your furry friend's best interests rather than trying to force a situation that would certainly be untenable for both of you. I hope you find him/her a great, loving home!

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very sorry guys I posted that video, I didn't mean to be offensive or homophobic whatsoever, It was meant to be a really stupid joke.

It was inappropriate.

And I'm sorry if I offended coffee in any way, I will show better behavior.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tenor.gif

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I count 8 likes and six people.  Something doesn't add up here.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Feeling emotional about the level of gun violence over the past week. Don’t want to make this a political post, but couldn’t stop myself from crying when I heard some details from the Walmart attack. I’m sad but more angry. Need to vent right now. Moderators, feel free to step in if necessary, but I’m not OK with this and I feel I need to do something. Also a little drunk, so maybe I’m in the wrong thread. Normal service - ie. non-controversial Godzilla-related reviews - to follow.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think everyone can agree that these attacks are horrific.

We don't need to get into it beyond that though, consider this a warning for everyone.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t have the energy to get into what just happened, but life is stupid, and I want out.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I don’t have the energy to get into what just happened, but life is stupid, and I want out.

Suspicious coffee, I realize you’re in a rough spot. And yes I don’t know what happened, maybe all I’m doing is pouring salt in the wound, but we’re all here for you! As stupid as it is, life won’t be fair, and usually won’t give you what you need (I’m sure I will complain about not getting what I wanted from life in this thread) but getting through it, the hard part, is winning. And winning the life game gives so much satisfaction in the end. Things will look up eventually! The night is darkest before the dawn, they say.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know I've gotten into arguments over movies here (specifically Marvel ones), I was even once accused of having a big ego (by a good friend and mentor too, so that hurt). It seems every chance I have at interacting, I blow it with people and I end up being ostracised. I need to build on my social skills a bit more and not come across as too arrogant, I guess a lifetime of being bullied and feeling invisible can affect you long-term, and you wind up saying and doing things that just continue to justify what all those people in your life did.

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
I know I've gotten into arguments over movies here (specifically Marvel ones), I was even once accused of having a big ego (by a good friend and mentor too, so that hurt). It seems every chance I have at interacting, I blow it with people and I end up being ostracised. I need to build on my social skills a bit more and not come across as too arrogant, I guess a lifetime of being bullied and feeling invisible can affect you long-term, and you wind up saying and doing things that just continue to justify what all those people in your life did.

I can relate a bit... In my younger days I was accused more than once of a touch of snobbery here and there (hey, opinions are alright, right?).  Anyway, for whatever trouble this "arrogance" has caused, I hope you know that there are other folks out there with similar issues, that things can always get better socially, and of course as a reminder, that a touch of humor and self-deprecation never hurts!  Good luck.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One teacher a few years ago was playing Rogue One for the class. I mentioned how I didn't like the film, and he said it was because I was a contrarian, and I only disliked it because other people do like it. I was really upset about that comment, because it's not at all true. The same teacher thought I was sending him death threats, because he misinterpreted the Darth Plagueis story that I posted all over his YouTube channel (it was around the time I discovered prequel memes), but I digress.
Anyways, don't listen to other people's takes on your opinions. I've been bothered by people's differing opinions to my own, but I try not to let it consume me, because it really doesn't matter, and people should be passionate about what they're passionate about, and have their own opinions.

When it comes to innocent things like movies.
Stupid Eric, hurtful disrespect towards a group of people isn't a valid opinion...

Rereading above messages, I realize the entire problem isn't having differing opinions, but it's still worth saying.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had it with my sister. I was there for her during her miscarriage and after her breakup with her sleazy boyfriend, I tried my very best to be understanding and accommodating these past long months, but I'm at the end of my rope. She's a mean, disrespectful, chain-smoking alcoholic who continues to piss money we don't have away on her addictions, and I just want to cut all ties with her and take me and my mother somewhere far away from her but can't.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I met a friend over four years ago that I will never forget.
We met through some online rpg website, that part isn't important. She was fun to talk to, and soon enough we began talking to eachother every day. She became my best friend, the only person I'd share my problems with and vent to, and I'd listen to her problems as well. We talked often for a few years.
One day, I noticed that she'd been offline for a couple of days, which was uncommon. I messaged her, but got no response. Months passed, I'd send her messages here and there in hopes that she'd respond. I cried every night, hoping that she was alright, that nothing happened to her. Worrying that I did something wrong. Six months later, she returned, I was so happy. She focused on life, spending a while away from her internet community. I understood, and was in no way upset.
As time went by, we remained friends, but had our fair share of disagreements here and there.
I finally told her that I loved her, and she didn't reciprocate. She wasn't interested in a long distance relationship, and also just didn't care about me the same way that I cared about her. She was growing up, while I stayed a child, over attached, over emotional, and having no idea what I was doing in the world.
Not long after, she was in a long distance relationship with another friend in our online community. I took it personally, and thought she was hypocritical. I was mad at both of them, but it didn't take long for me to realize that we're just friends, and I should support her.
Time went on, we grew closer, we grew apart, a lot went on. We were friends, and I valued her friendship deeply.
Then she was gone again. I haven't heard from her since March. I miss her. I hope she's alright. I don't think she's coming back this time. She was truly amazing. She helped me out a lot, and really changed my life. I hope that she remembers out friendship fondly, and I hope she doesn't feel as guilty of being a bad friend as I do.

I still haven't grown. I get to attached to people, I'm over emotional still, way too sensitive, and completely childish.
I can hardly watch movies featuring friendship or relationships without bursting into tears.
I just watched the comedic movie Hot Rod, and started crying half way through.
I'm depressed, and I hate myself.
I can't think about anything in the past without regret.

I seriously have no idea what I'm doing in life. I need help.
I've never told my therapist about any of my actual problems, or really anything about me. If only I could see him now, I'd tell him everything. But I have no way of contacting him without talking to my mother.

Top Bottom