• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Friends are overrated.

I'm being haunted by the faces of old friends in my dreams.  They weren't the best of friends, but they were my friends.  And now I have none.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Handman said:
Friends are overrated.

I'll say. I never understood the popularity of that show.

I never understood the popularity of a bath until I got into one, and then I'm like "ah this is warm and comforting.  Sure it's a bit boring but sometimes that's what I need."

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A computer takes baths? That doesn't sound healthy.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EVER HEARD OF WATERPROOFING QUESTION MARK

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My dog is very sick.  She’s old too, and diabetic on top of it.  They say she has a bladder infection and another problem with either her liver or pancreas.  I’m worried this could be it for her.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sorry to hear that, coffee. Hope your pup recovers and gives you many more years of companionship.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks all.  Pancreatitis, bladder infection, and liver inflammation, but she seems to be doing better already thanks to some veterinarians who must be miracle workers.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do it not. Only harder would that make it.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
It's been three months since I cut contact with all of my friends, specifically her.  I'm still sad about it, and all I've been doing is sitting around the house trying to not mope about it.  I don't know what to do, but I'm getting close to trying to just talk to her again.  This would be a mistake, probably.  I'm just not sure what to do.

you are only entering the most heart breaking of social experiments.
sever all communications with your friends and see which ones reach out to you to see what's going on.
those that do, the one's that noticed you disappeared, are the keepers.
the others.  you've been a friend of convenience.  a step above casual acquaintance.  like a coworker you never talk to outside work.

i've been down this path before.  i learned i have two friends.
the rest of them.  i was out of sight, out of mind.
the hardest part is not reaching out.  i wanted to then thought, why is no one contacting me?

fill your time learning something new and useful.  learn guitar or another language.
myself, i've been slowly working on a Duck Tales trilogy.  i might even release it here.

stay strong, bruv.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
My dog is very sick.  She’s old too, and diabetic on top of it.  They say she has a bladder infection and another problem with either her liver or pancreas.  I’m worried this could be it for her.

i got a little one who's getting up there in age too.  three of the little nippers actually.
my wife and i had another kid a few months ago and she's always giving me crap that i give more affection to my oldest pup than i do our newest kid.
i say to her, of course i do, i have to.  she's not going to be with us much longer.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reread and deleted my posts here.  Time to move on from this.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kinda wish you hadn't done that, though I understand why.  Now I have to go and delete everything else.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jesus, how far back did you go?

Please don't do that again.  If you change your mind over a few days or something, fine, but don't go back weeks or months or whatever and delete everything.  Half your posts will be quoted anyway, and deleting the other half screws up the conversation that some people may still be reading.  If you don't think you'll want to leave it up, don't post it.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Understood.  I won't post in this thread again.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously you are welcome to continue posting here, especially if it can help, just keep in mind that it's a semi-public forum.

Top Bottom