• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Emotional Support Thread

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like shit.  This school semester ends for me on Tuesday, and I've gone from dreading the summer to being in a nearly constant panicked state about it.  I feel physically sick and have for the better part of the last few days.  I'm such a piece of shit that I'm terrified to go home.

I don't know if I'll survive the summer.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I feel like shit.  This school semester ends for me on Tuesday, and I've gone from dreading the summer to being in a nearly constant panicked state about it.  I feel physically sick and have for the better part of the last few days.  I'm such a piece of shit that I'm terrified to go home.

I don't know if I'll survive the summer.

You are not a piece of shit, stop blaming yourself for this, the emotional response you are feeling about going home is due to your relationship with your parents (based on what you have shared previously), and you are not responsible for all aspects of that.  Your parents seem to have some responsibility as well.

But more than that, you are not a piece of shit.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe you can find summer employment or volunteer work that will keep you out of the house most days?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dahmage said:
Maybe you can find summer employment or volunteer work that will keep you out of the house most days?

I already have summer employment lined up.  My dad's the boss, and I know you'll probably say that's not good, but the pay and hours are far better than anything else I could get.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The hardest decision in life could be saying no to your parents.  I know it's rough.  If I didn't take a stand against what they set out for me, my life would be miserable.  That is, more miserable than usual.  I hope you can finally distance yourself from them.

Is this a small company, where your dad oversees you personally?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Is this a small company, where your dad oversees you personally?

Yeah, I think it's officially run through the small college he works for, but the actual company that does the part I work for is [his name] Aquatics, LLC or something, and he runs it all by himself.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I'm going to be alone for a long time, just counting days until I have the means to move someplace else.  Which could take years.  Why have I been relegated to this shit while my sisters can live their dreams?  I'm the brightest out of all of them.  Why was I forced into solitude...?  Forced into a life I never wanted.   Why can't I make friends...?  Why why why why.  I've abandoned everybody, and they've abandoned me.

I severed ties with the people I love to stop crying.  But I'm still crying.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's partly attitude man.  Being positive makes it easier to make friends.  When are you moving?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm cursed with more social problems than just attitude.  Namely Aspergers.  Everyone says they like me, but I can't manage to forge any meaningful connections with anybody.  And I don't like many people, but the one I was dumb enough to fall in love with can't be in my life.  I'm trying.  I really am.  But I can't help that it breaks me down every once and awhile. 

I had friends, I threw them away out of necessity.

I'm moving when I have enough money to support myself for a few months, and after I obtain my degree, which is in a year at the least.  The degree, that is.  I have no idea when I'll be there financially.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know what really hurts?

Hearing "I always looked up to you. What happened?" from one of your oldest, closest friends.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude,  you're straight up Gucci on fleek.  I promise.

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
You know what really hurts?

Hearing "I always looked up to you. What happened?" from one of your oldest, closest friends.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can relate. People that I've been friends with in the past are very opposed to me now. They haven't said anything like that to me before, but I can imagine it's difficult to hear.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^That's just simply not true.

And chainsawash, your 'friend's sounds like a real snob.  You have a good job making an honest living,  you're not in jail,  and you have other friends.  Forget them if that's not good enough for them. Not everyone is lucky enough to get their dream job.  So far I haven't been. But it's not stopping me from living a decent life.

Also,  it's good to hear from you again MovieFreakedMind.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And Erik, your 'friend's sounds like a real snob.  You have a good job making an honest living,  you're not in jail,  and you have other friends.  Forget them if that's not good enough for them. Not everyone is lucky enough to get their dream job.  So far I haven't been. But it's not stopping me from living a decent life.

Top Bottom